Follow
Read More
1st.. just posted that & fell asleep on my phone LOL. Feel like a jellyfish.

That's SO good you're done!
(2)

Beatty,

🤣 hahaha. We have all fallen asleep at odd times and places when we’re tired and not feeling well.

Hope your headache and fever subsides soon!

It’s a good feeling to be vaccinated, isn’t it?

The history of vaccinations is interesting.

We had most of the childhood diseases.

I had mumps, measles and chicken pox.

The generation before us had Polio.

I remember getting a vaccine for German measles and polio.

My kids got their vaccinations. Then a chicken pox vaccine came out. HPV vaccinations were given too. Now COVID-19.

I get my flu and pneumonia vaccines.

Dare I ask, what’s next? Perhaps a booster vaccine for COVID-19.
(2)

I read late last night and after I got up this morning I decided I was too tired and headed back to bed, the next thing I knew I was on the floor after falling face first through the bedroom door. I can't help thinking I look like of all those cliches about walking into a door, but at least my mask will cover the worst of it. WTF.
(4)

Oh cwillie, are you ok? My goodness walking through the bedroom door. You are fortunate you did not seriously hurt. Hope you are ok.
(1)

Beatty, hope you feel better but good you got your first Covid vaccine.
(1)

Thanks earlybird. I smashed my glasses and have a nice big knot on my cheek, I'm just glad it was the door and not the wall or something else with no give. I still can't figure out what the heck happened.
(3)

I’m sniffling a little bit today. I prayed before going to bed last night and again this morning upon awakening to receive good news from my very close friend.

I am desperately trying to distract myself as I wait to hear the results from her biopsy.

I want to call. I’m scared to call. I don’t know what to do.

She said that she would call me. Should I call her or wait and let her call me?

Our other friends are calling me saying that they know she will call me before them because she is closer to me.

They want to know what is going on. I said I don’t know and they are pressuring me to call. It’s stressing me out. I don’t want to push my friend to talk about it if she isn’t ready.

I am crying because our last conversation earlier in the week was her saying, “I don’t have a good feeling about this. Please know that I love you for always being a good friend to me.” Do you think this is a premonition for her?

Any thoughts?
(2)

Oh my gosh, cwille, OUCH! Sorry you fell.

Besides the knot, you’re going to be bruised.

Hope you heal as soon as you can. You’re lucky that it wasn’t worse. Sounds like quite a tumble!
(2)

My advice is to give her a little time NHWM, some of us need to retreat and process bad news before we are ready to share it.
(3)

cwille,

That is how I initially felt, to give her space and wait to hear.

Then the phone calls from our other friends upset me and I started crying when I hung up the phone.

I will wait. Thank you for your advice.

I hope her feelings of bad news aren’t correct.

She said she was so scared to go to the doctor today for the news.
(2)

NeedHelp, it is ok to call. It shows concern. I know when my friend called me it was comforting to know she cared. Hope she has good news. Take care.
(2)

EB,

I suppose that I could call but I can’t right now. I don’t want to make her feel badly.

I know her. She knows me. She would hear that I am upset. That would make her feel worse.

She promised me that she would call. So, I will wait a little longer.

One of our friends said to call her daughter to get info but I am not comfortable doing that. I would rather let her tell me.

Thanks for your warm wishes for her to be okay.

I am going to start cooking a pot of soup. Chopping veggies always helps me with nerves.

Thanks everyone, for listening. I appreciate it.

I was holding up okay until the phone calls. I got upset because they started talking about chemo, side effects, etc.

I suppose that I didn’t fully want to accept that she could get devastating news today. I wanted to have a ‘wait and see’ approach.
(1)

NHWM,
Would you usually be calling her for other friend reasons by now, or did you stop because of the impending biopsy results?

Could you offer to take your friend to the doctor, go with her?

CWillie,
When my dH and I became clumsy the last 3 days, I did go and look up the status of the Moon. Coincidence, it is a New Moon, currently at 0.6%, whatever that means. We intentionally rest more, move slower, up to 5 days prior to any moon event. But if I don't know ahead of time, something always reminds me.

So sorry that you fell, try not to be embarrassed, it happens to all of us at some time. Is there a possibility that you may have lost consciousness before or after bumping into the door? Doubt that it is your age. You are still young! Take a selfie, send it to your doctor.
(2)

Send,

We talk every week by phone.

She said she wanted to go with her daughter to the doctor. They are very close. Her daughter is lovely.

She knows that she can call me for things, as I know with her.

We have remained close to each other mostly by phone during Covid.

Occasionally, a few of us will go for an ‘outdoor’ lunch or coffee.
(1)

Thank you, NeedHelp & Golden. Was too tired to hardly move most of day, losing appetite and can't sleep, then angry and done with it all, then crying later. I'm on an emotional ride with no end. I'm worn out. I've made some other arrangements, but those have knowingly added stress, making it even more despicable. It's as if no one involved gives a whit what a toll anything takes on me. I won't drop off a cliff for a quick end; I'll dribble down in bits and broken apart piece by excruciating piece.
(3)

Have you heard from your friend NHWM?
(1)

cwille,

Yes, she called. The mass was benign. I am thrilled!

I did as you suggested. I waited for her to call. She said that she was so scared. She was exhausted too. She called and cried tears of relief. I cried tears of joy with her.

Thank you so much for listening to my concerns about her. It helped me relax a bit while waiting.

Shortly afterwards, my daughter called and told me of her latest dilemma! Oh gosh, always something.

Remember how she fell wearing slippers on her stairs on ice? (3rd floor walk up) Her back started hurting and she had to take an Uber to the ER. She doesn’t have any broken bones but has to take a few days off of work.

She is looking at a new building with an elevator for when her lease expires. I am happy about that!
(2)

Today I forced myself to sit down and start my tax return. They keep changing things and it gets more complicated every year - I need my access code from last year's notice of assessment - say what? (I have no clue where that is)
Am I really supposed to fill out a new form T5008 for every single transaction in my portfolio, can't I just list them like we used to do? Come on, there must be 50 of them, this can't be right.
I don't think I can understand how do this any more. 🤯😱😳😰
(4)

I feel your pain, CW. My taxes are pretty simple but I needed to enter last year's return info and I can't find a hard copy in my files. I went online to access a digital version and the site wouldn't allow me access after putting in different credentials, so I'm waiting for an access code by mail to try to get the information I need.

I think from now on I'm going to pay for a preparer service.

At least in US, our due date was pushed back a month.
(2)

Found out earlier that all of my cousins in New Jersey have Covid!
(2)

NeedHelp, that is very concerning. Have they had their jabs? I read in the news this morning that one of your top US scientists is really worried about rising cases again. What is going on?
(1)

My anti-anxiety med created a problem with another part of my life that did not have a problem earlier. The dose has been decreased, but I may need to find another med that I can take PRN, as needed, or just find another way to deal with my generalized anxiety. :(
(2)

Chris,

They have to wait 90 days for the vaccine after getting Covid.

I know what you mean. We read different things. We have made so much progress with COVID-19 but we aren’t in the clear yet.

Plus, I swear it seems like there is no rhyme or reason to this situation. I just wish things would go back to before Covid. It’s so sad.
(1)

NHWM, I am 12 days past my first covid symptoms. Two days ago was my original vaccine appointment (which I will reschedule). HealthPartners told me I can get my vaccine as soon as I am symptom-free, so not 90 days (here in MN). Yes, the rate of infection goes up and down but the DEATH RATE is what continues to go down and that's what people should be focused on, not the infection rate. If there is no strain on hospital bed availability there should be no lock-downs or restrictions, since "overwhelming the medical system" was the original reason for that strategy. And that's not happening anywhere anymore.
(4)

Geaton,

I agree that we should look at the overall view on Covid.

How are you feeling? I hope you didn’t have a really hard time of it.

Covid is different for everyone. I am so sorry that you caught it.

My cousin in D.C. and my cousin here in New Orleans were told that they had to wait 90 days. It’s weird that there are different rules according to location.

I am glad that you will get the vaccine. I feel like it doesn’t matter which one you take. Some people want to wait for the J & J one because it’s only one shot but who cares if you have to receive two shots.

My husband and I took the first shot available which was the Moderna vaccine.

Did you lose taste and smell?

Take care.
(1)

NHWM, late Friday (Mar 19) I started feeling vaguely unwell. It was a super windy weekend and I thought I was just having bad spring allergies. Then Sunday night I started having intense body aches, fever (99.5F), chills, headache. That continued until about Wednesday, when I went in for the test and it was positive. After that, the fever left, no more body aches or chills. Now I have mostly been very tired and had like a head cold (NO respiratory or breathing issues at all). It morphed into a very intense headache which was a sinus infection. Started antibiotics 2 days ago and no more headache, just stuffiness and tired and YES I did lose my sense of taste and smell about 5 days into it and is maybe slowly coming back. I do have very slight tinnitus. I believe I got the virus from eating in a crowded restaurant. One of the 2 people I ate with had already had covid and the vaccine, and the other person had never been sick and is still not sick. There is really no where else I could have gotten it since I hadn't gone anywhere. My husband has not gotten it even though we are not consciously distancing and sleep in the same bed. He was tested this week: negative. Go figure. Thank you for asking.
(2)

Geaton,

I am sorry that you caught it and felt funky for awhile but so happy that you didn’t have a severe case.

It really is a mystery in some ways, isn’t it? I suppose that people catch it in all sorts of places, certainly restaurants being one of them.

I totally get what you are saying about allergies. I have allergies and asthma and they can make us feel funky.

So glad that you are improving and very happy that your husband didn’t get it.

It’s also puzzling how some people get it with few or no symptoms.

Let me ask your opinion on this if you don’t mind.

My cousin that lives in New Orleans got it. She felt horrible and quarantined from her husband.

Her husband quarantined as well but did not go get tested. Do you feel that he should have?

It seems confusing to me. Different people have different opinions on Covid.
(1)

NHWM, my husband is going to get tested again right before Easter because we are hosting and all our guests have not been vaccinated yet and none have had the virus. I think testing needs to be timed right, since you can test negative one day and positive the next. If your cousin's husband was quarantining with his wife and had no symptoms I'm not sure it would be worth it for him to get tested as long as he's staying isolated. My doctor says after 14 days of quarantine from the beginning of her symptoms he's good to go.
(1)

Geaton, hope you feel better soon. I am sorry you tested positive for Covid and have side effects. I understand it is not a severe case. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Sending my prayers to you.
(2)

Geaton,

Okay, I see. That makes sense.

Timing needs to be right but he told her that he wasn’t going to bother with getting tested.

I feel like your husband is doing the best thing. I would want to know if I had it.

My cousin thinks she caught hers at work. She manages a retail clothing store. She goes to work, then goes home. So, she says that has to be where she caught it. She says the only other places she goes is to the grocery and gas station.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter