Follow
Read More
Jodi,

Please don’t blame yourself. It is not your fault.

You had to get a restraining order to protect your aunt.

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Terrible that she died.
(1)

NeedHelp, an elf has long curved ears, surely you heard of Santa's elves. The animated elf I am giving has a green top hat and suit, it is kind of cute and plays holiday music. I wouldn't want it as a gift but that is the point of the gift to this particular person. She did not make the nice list in this family this year.
(3)

Need Help, how sad about the woman. Hope your cousin will be ok. Keep us posted.
(3)

EB,

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me. Let there be peace on earth. The peace that was meant to be!!

I LOVE that song!!!

Very poignant these days!!
(5)

"NHWM,"

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin having COVID especially having had two heart surgeries, being diabetic and having colon cancer. And to have lost his parents at the age of 9 and still being single in his 50's is very sad to say the least.

I hope they are able to get his 102 degree temperature down and that the antibiotics will be effective quickly.

A Type A personality working 60-80 hour weeks for years is a killer to many and cannot be maintained for very long without dire consequences. Sometimes things like this happen to make us "slow" down if we aren't going to do it on our own.

He'll be in my prayers - it's terrible to know that the woman he may have gotten it from has passed away.
(3)

Gee "earlybird," between you knocking off some guys mirror and now being naughty to your brother's girlfriend, not once but, for the second year in a row ("she did not make the nice list this year...") - can't wait to hear how this turns out!

This is the second time you've said you gave someone your number and they didn't call back - what's up with that?????????????? - lol!
(1)

NGI,

Thank you, I appreciate it. He’s had a couple of doctors tell him that he shouldn’t be alive at various times in his life. He feels like he’s had miracles happen in his life.

He knows that lots of people have asked God for healing in his life on many occasions!

He prays daily. He did tell me earlier that he’s scared, which is completely understandable.

I am concerned. I’m doing all I can to encourage him and keep the faith.

It’s hard when there is so much suffering.

He used to tell me that he was ready to die when he was going through colon cancer. It broke my heart.

I do understand that people get so tired of fighting and they start to feel like the cure is worse than the disease.

I thank you for your prayers. It means a lot to me.
(2)

EB,

I know Santa’s elves but I don’t know about the Elf on the Shelf thing. I hear people talking about it but my kids were already grown when that came out.

Most of us have annoying people connected to our families. Hahaha...

My oldest daughter was over for Thanksgiving.

She said that she was upset that her roommate keeps taking her leftovers.

Here’s the thing. I always pack food for her and an extra serving for her roommate too.

I said something that I probably shouldn’t have said.

My big mouth gets me into trouble sometimes! LOL, I was kidding around with her and told her something naughty that I did in my 20’s.

I didn’t have lots of money then. I was working full time and trying to save, so I packed my lunch everyday instead of buying expensive meals out.

A coworker constantly stole my lunch out of the fridge. I had my name written all over it, but that didn’t make any difference.

I got sick of it and put chocolate ex-lax in my lunch!

That fool took the bait because it looks like regular chocolate candy.

I NEVER had my lunch stolen again!

My daughter laughed but said, “Mom, I don’t think I could be that mean to my roommate!”

I said, ‘Maybe you shouldn’t do that since you have to share an apartment.’ Hahaha

Oh boy, I needed some comic relief. It’s been a stressful day.
(9)

"NHWM,"

I'm sure he has been told several times that he shouldn't even be alive and although I believe in miracles and God's ability to heal, I don't think it's wise for someone to take those things for granted as it could backfire one day.

I bet he's scared. I think the older we get the more we recognize our own mortality. Maybe if he was in his 30's he wouldn't feel that way.

Actually, that's all you can do is encourage him - the rest of the work is up to him, the doctors and the Lord.

It's always heartbreaking to hear someone say they'd rather just die than face whatever illness or hardship they are facing. And most certainly some do get very weary of the fight - like you said they feel the cure is worse than the actual disease or illness.

Will be watching for your updates on his situation.
(2)

I am very tired. I am going to bed but I just want to thank everyone again for listening to my concerns this evening. Means a lot to me.

Love you all for being supportive. Goodnight all.
(6)

NHWM, I'm sorry to hear your cousin has Covid, especially as he has been so careful. I can understand this has hit you hard. As a caring person you feel so helpless when there is little you can actually do to influence the outcome for him. There is so much additional worry and anxiety at the moment, so it's really important to try and take care of your own wellbeing. Please give yourself a little personal space this Christmas to acknowledge how you're feeling. And try to tell yourself that we won't be in this situation forever. Sending support from someone who is a fellow worrier!
(1)

NHWM thinking of you and sorry to read about your cousin. Hope that all goes well.
(1)

Oh. come. on.... nobody needs to be blowing out snow at 5 a.m. on boxing day, especially not at the home of my 80+ yr old neighbours 😠
(5)

my whine - I had a bag blowout in the microwave when I was making popcorn the other day.

I'm getting a silicone microwavable collapsible popcorn maker/bowl with a lid from A*****!

NMWH - sending prayers for your cousin and for you and your family

cw - I agree. Here everyone nearby just shovels.
(2)

Let us know how you like the popcorn maker Golden, so far I haven't found anything that works as well as my plain paper bags.
(2)

This g*d d@#%ed virus has gotten into the local NH 😟🙏
(7)

Awful news, cwille.

It’s ramping up in many areas.

Will pray for them, along with many others.
(1)

Having myself a bad mood just in time for the New Year. This after reviewing and summarizing the finances for 2020.
One can hardly 'get over' being treated poorly by a narcissist, having to be even stronger so as not to show weakness. Keeping it to myself until ready to explode. Was that deep moan coming from inside of me, how did that slip out?

The only coping that works is to tell somebody right away. So I just did.

Popcorn, yes...I will have some popcorn soon. That oughta fix it!
(2)

Thanks everyone for your prayers for my niece and cousin. Niece is doing better but my cousin is suffering.
(2)

Sorry, Send.

It is very hard to keep swallowing hard and bottling things up.

Vent away. You have lots of company in the ‘whine’ thread.
(3)

Put some caramel on that popcorn Send, that always makes me feel better.
(2)

Thanks Cwillie!
We all know that Chocolate works too.
Yesterday, eating 3/4 of a huge dark chocolate bar makes me realize I could be getting diabetes. I was so sick, rapid heart beat, all sugared out etc.

Today I am better, but my mood has just overwhelmed me. I am almost laughing at myself, doing this to myself, I don't want any chocolate for the entire rest of this year!

What, is that about 30 more hours? Lol.
(1)

The popcorn maker arrived today and YES it works very well!!! I am a fan.

cw - I'm sorry to hear about the NH. That's not good and we are so close to getting the vaccinations.

send - it gets to you doesn't it? Moan away!

need - sorry to hear about your cousin. He has so much to deal with. Glad your niece is doing well. Prayers for your hub and cousin.

I had a meltdown yesterday - just stuff building up. It cleared the air. My kitties are a great comfort. 😺😺
(5)

Golden,

I know that you are momma to fur babies but could you foster an animal or would you bond too closely and not be able to say goodbye to them?

I have considered fostering but not sure if I could say goodbye.

I don’t know if I can ever have another animal again permanently. My allergies are an issue.

My heart breaks into a million pieces every time they are nearing the end and I have to bring them to the vet to be euthanized.
(2)

My idiot neighbor is shooting off fireworks! He spends mega bucks on fireworks for New Year’s Eve and Forth of July.

My greyhound was terrified of them. My schnauzer too.
(3)

need - I think I could foster if I decided it was the best thing for me to do. However, it would not be easy giving them back. I have said goodbye to many pets over the years and it is always hard. Each of them has a special place in my heart but I am glad I had them.

Allergies are another issue and you are wise to keep yourself safe.
(2)

I loved all of my cats and dogs.

Greyhound dogs have a cat like personality.

They are couch potatoes. They are sprinters, not high energy dogs.

They don’t require a ton of exercise.

They don’t eat a ton of food either compared to other large breeds.

They don’t bark. They are affectionate but not clingy. They like their own space at times.

My schnauzer was the opposite. She wanted all of my attention!

She wanted to run the show. Cute as a button but stubborn! LOL

All of my cats were so sweet. I love hearing a cat purr. It’s soothing to me.
(3)

"NHWM,"

I know you said your cousin is suffering but, I've been wondering if there have been any changes - is he better, worse, did they get his 102 fever down?
(1)

NGI,

He was feeling lousy so I didn’t keep him on the phone. I don’t know if he still has fever. They have him on meds.
(4)

NhwM: My brother was captain on a tugboat. One of the crew would always steal someones food. They stuck a bunch of X-lax in the container... He never bothered anyone else's food after that....And, I think, he had to call out of work the following day.... yikes.
When my daughter was in elementary school, this lil tiny thing of a bully would steal her apple - everyday.... Take a bite out of it, and throw it away, and laugh.

We will fixed that! I told my kid, you have 2 bags of cut apples, you choose which one you want to give her,,, One is just apples. The other has a squirt of fresh lemon and a dash of salt, Now taste them, and decide what bag you want to share. She really didn't like the lemon and salt one. That was one of my favorites growing up.
Anyway, she gave the lil bully the salted apples. She loved them so much, she bothered my gal every day for them.
One time, lil bully, asked dad to cut up an apple, and squiry some lemon and salt... Dad was a bit surprised by that. He never heard of that before...
That lil gal stopped bullying, and I think they became friends that year. :)
or at least tolerable...
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter