Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I dont mind the RN or OT, mom is doing her exercises ,, PT cancelled after 1 visit because she was already doing her stuff. OT is only coming one more time. Its the SW that weirds me out.. like they think we are pressuring her to be DNR And her cardiologist tomorrow keeps bringing up surgury.. as if she would survive it? At least I'll get that out of the way tomorrow hopefully.
(4)

Pam,

In our home health program a social worker wasn’t sent out.

A registered nurse oversaw the entire situation.

That’s interesting.

Oh my gosh, that is ridiculous to even consider surgery at her age.

My mom’s doctor told her that surgery was not an option for any problem at her age.

Your mom would never agree to that! Nor would you! That is just crazy.
(2)

Oh, Pam, I just read the below. I am so sorry with all you are going through; sounds like the whole hospital has moved in; do let them know that's what it FEELS like. It's an invasion. I hope it gets better.
(3)

Pam,
I am sorry to read that you are going through so much. I had to find my own mother a new cardiologist because her old one wanted her to have surgery and my mother kept telling him "no" so then he tried to get me to talk my mother into it, of course, I told him "no." I explained to him that my mother has had 19 surgeries, yes, you read it correctly and she fought 2 kinds of cancers and one of them twice. My mother told me back in 2012 after her last surgery that she was done, no more surgeries, no more Tx, no feeding tube because she had one for 6 months after her 2012 surgery and she hated it, no CPR she is done. She sign a DNR as well. Her new cardiologist respect her wishes.

I wish you the best of luck. It gets tired some to have to explain your mom's wishes. You'll have to stand your ground. I know you will!!

Hugs!!
(4)

Finally....everyone has had the follow up COVID test and negative. Dad is back home...hopefully no trips back to assisted living.
(12)

Yay! Bridger. Great news! 😊
(2)

Bridger
So glad you have your family back at home and that you and your one son made it through the valley without Covid attacking. This disease is baffling. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
(3)

well today we got some good news,, didn;t see the Dr who spends exactly 3 minutes with mom,, we saw his new NP ! She was awesome, and said mom was back to her pre hospital baseline, and her heart is no worse than it was if we just keep an eye on her weight and the new meds seem to be helping! No mention of surgury, and she and I have a video call in 3 weeks ( she actually understood about mom's confusion,, YAY! ) More bloodwork in 2 weeks, then maybe they can cut back on the diuretic to her last levels. She also agreed with me its no where near time to be discussing hospice or such.
(11)

Great news, Pam! She must be glad to be home.

I find NP’s to be extremely knowledgeable and caring.
(1)

Pam,
That is great news! It sounds like everyone is on the same page with you. That's awesome!!
(2)

Pam, wonderful news. I bet you feel some relief. I am so happy for your mom and you. Wishing both of you a healthy and Happy New Year. Hugs.
(3)

(((((Bridger))))) such good news that you all have weathered the storm and come out ok.

((((((Pam)))) so happy for you all. Yay - a competent and compassionate professional for your mum!!!!

(4)

My "Whine Moment " today is people that reply to posts with a healthy serving of condescendtion peppered with judgment then topped with a dollop of blessings (as if that makes everything ok!!)

As a Christian, it makes me sad to realize that this is the very reason some people think Christians are hypocrites!!
(4)

Jodi,

Yep! It’s truly sickening. It’s also sickening that a few people support their nonsense and attack others who call them out. They are hypocrites too!

I hope that you don’t get nasty private messages filled with lies and foolishness like I did.

I know my heart and that is what matters the most.

I respect how you feel. It’s sad to see that certain posts are not deleted by the moderators. I report them as soon as I see them. I know others do too.

Sometimes I wonder if they are even legitimate posters due to the content of the messages.

I also hate the patronizing, condescending, self righteous, attitude too! The ‘blessing’ at the end is unnerving.

I wonder how often they polish their halo! Hahaha
(2)

Jodi......which reminds me of when my mother says, "I know I shouldn't say this BUT...." Then goes on to say it, as if prefacing the statement with the 'I Know I Shouldn't BUT' bit of B.S. makes it ok. Kind of like adding a Blessing onto a Curse, huh? 😑
(4)

Xray,
Couldn't had said it any better.
(2)

Jodi, I think most of us agree with you!!

My whine moment today.....today I went to visit my MIL & decorate her headstone for christmas and SOME STUPID THIEVING GRINCH!!!! Has stolen the special outdoor picture frame from her grave!! Who in the world does that??? It is a simple handmade frame that my husband stained & it is secured to the ground by a stake, it does not fall over and cannot blow away. It has been there for 2.5 years and I go out to the cemetery today and it is gone! So that was very very upsetting especially when my husband confirmed that no one in the family has taken it & I had to tell them the picture is gone. The picture inside was of my MIL and her 6 siblings posing together in the late 1980s-yes big poofy hair, leather jackets, tight jeans. Great picture. But if it really was stolen, I am sure it wasn’t for the picture LOL!
(6)

Cali,

I'm so sorry that someone would do that!! I guess there's accounting for the depths that people will sink to! But stealing from a gravesite is as low as it gets!!

How wonderful that you make a special event of decorating MILs headstone!! It's heartwarming!!

Hang in there!! (((Hugs)))
(1)

Cali,

That’s awful! So sorry.

People have stolen at our cemetery too. Even the flowers.
(1)

Wow, my 1st visit on this sight, and 1st thing I read. (Probably the”Whine”). And it seems to be my current life story. Life revolving around someone else’s 3meals
(2)

worriedincalif, I am so sorry that the thieves had the nerve to take that special picture frame. I would report it to the head of the cemetery. When my dad passed we bought a beautiful red candle holder we lit every holiday. The holder was deep into the ground and we had it for almost 18 years. It was stolen. I have not purchased another one as of yet , not sure if I will. Two years ago around Christmas thieves stole my purse off my mothers w/c while shopping for Christmas presents. I had special photos in my wallet and other important things as well as about $2,000. I usually don't carry that much cash but was paying a bill that my brother charged on my charge account for truck repair. I was furious, got the police involved, looked at the surveillance camera at Macy's but no luck, camera was not in the back of the store. Macy's did nothing and we were very good customers. We do not shop at that store any longer but we shop for most of our items now at JCP and feel more comfortable. My problem is I trust too much, now I carry my debit only when shopping and look out for thieves. Again so sorry this happened to your family.
(3)

Worried & Early,
It just shows us that people will steal anything and from anywhere. What low lives to steal from a grave site or steal some lady's purse in a store. And Early, I can't blame you for not shopping at Macy's anymore, I wouldn't shop there anymore either. Early, I am sorry that you had your purse stolen.

I am sorry Worried that someone did that to your family.
(4)

Josaphina,
Welcome to the Forum. Here you will get such wonderful support from most of the caregivers on this site.
(5)

Just an update on a previous post!

After 2 and a half hours on the phone with Xfinity, I was finally able to set up my Aunts phone account under my name.
I should be able to call her tomorrow!

Even though my brother was supposed to take care of the mess he made, I figured 2 weeks was long enough!!!

All he had to say was "Awesome " via text.
Not even a simple Thank You!

I guess his time is more valuable than mine!! Total sarcasm!!!
(3)

Jodi,

I won’t say, “awesome,” okay? That line has been taken by your brother! Hahaha 🤣

I will simply say, terrific! Or wonderful!

Glad you got it taken care of. I am sorry that your brother didn’t show his appreciation like he could have done.

Saying ‘thank you’ really does go a long way. Maybe one day, he will realize this and properly show appreciation.
(2)

(((((jodi)))))

My whine is that it is lovely and warm these days but the sidewalks are too slippery to go for a walk. I so wanted to go for a walk. I went to get the mail yesterday and ended up walking on the road as the sidewalks aren't safe.
(2)

Golden,

Be careful!

My daughter is going to have to get used to snow!

She seems to be enjoying the distinct seasons.

Colorado is quite a change from Louisiana!
(2)

Need - thx I am careful. I probably should get some crampons (spiked dealies) for my boots. I can always drive to the mailbox even if it isn't far. I do that when it is very cold. I am used to driving in snow and ice. I went out this evening and scraped the driveway so it should all melt the next few days hopefully. There is only a little built up snow on one side. It can stay.
(1)

NHWM,

Thanks!! At least I no longer have to wait for my brother to fix her phone account ever again!! This means I am 100% responsible for her now. I'm good with that!!

Golden,
I moved from Colorado to Montana 4 years ago. I will tell ya that I prefer Montana winters over Colorado!! May sound crazy, but where I live, we still get snow, but our temps don't get down to the 25 below 0 that Denver gets.
I haven't used the crampons, but I have considered buying snowshoes to go to the mailbox! Lol
(2)

My "Whine moment " tonight is why is it so freaking hard for my hubby to put a new roll of TP on the holder??? Lol

Ladies (sorry Gents), I know I am not the only one feeling this right now!

It's so frustrating to use the bathroom/Loo only to find nothing but an empty cardboard roll staring you in the face!

C'mon dude!!! Don't leave me hanging! It only takes 20 seconds!!

Just saying!!

Well I guess I should be happy that I still have toilet paper !
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter