Follow
Read More
Pam - your mother is a case. I'm sorry but your account of her made me laugh. Hope it all works out reasonably well. You have enough on your plate with fil passing. (((((hugs))))
(2)

Yes Golden she is! But I love her.
(1)

Bridger, how is husband doing? What were your test results? We would love to hear from you.
(1)

My first test result was negative. Repeat on Thursday. Sooner if I develop symptoms. My husband is doing okay with breathing and oxygen levels. Steady fever around 101 - 102. Not eating much - no taste. Broth, Jello. But drinking enough. He says it’s more painful muscle aches and headache than regular flu. So far, so good.
(9)

Bridger,

So happy that your test results are negative. I hope your husband will recover as quickly as possible.

Keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.
(3)

We’re on day 9 of Covid. My husband is doing okay. Fever, no appetite, cough, congestion, sore throat and not much taste or smell, headache, body aches and pain. He goes Wednesday for test and to measure antibodies. So far I’ve tested negative, along with both sons. My only advice is follow the medical guidelines. You do NOT want to catch this or expose your loved ones old or young. There are no FDA approved medications.
(6)

Bridger, I am relieved you are at day 9 already. Do you do O2 Sat measurement? It can be good for any "sudden" worries with breathlessness, available at most pharmacies now, and online. About 20.00. Worth having around even if not needed. I hope you continue to do well. I am hearing about more and more cases in our area, but with fewer going to feeling really really bad. I wonder if this virus is weakening. I so hope it is.
(1)

Alva, Yes we do O2 several times a day. It’s dropped a couple of times but nothing drastic.
(2)

I told everyone in the family something smelled in our van, old dog smell. This went on for months. Niece lost something and looked under the drivers seat. A dead mouse found under the seat. She wanted me to take a look but I absolutely declined. I guess the mouse was hunting for food and found a package of crackers, poor thing got stuck.
(4)

eb- rotting carcass smell is the worst. Bletch...
(3)

Earlybird, I had a mouse OD on Good n Plenty candy. He took the outer candy off and ate the licorice. Only later did I find out too much licorice could cause heart arrhythmia. Poor Mouse!
(3)

Alva I could OD on Good and Plentys...
(2)

I really want to downsize when the time is right. I am sick of the upkeep of a large house!

So I have looked at properties online. Geeeeeez, some sites don’t even allow a person to view the listings without giving your email and phone number. Of course they bombard my phone and email with messages!

Sure, I can set up a new email address for junk email but I can’t give a phony phone number.

Grrrrrr.
(2)

I just loaded my dishwasher and it is leaking a bit while running. Wondering when it will die! It’s over 30 years old.

We bought a good one when we built our home. It’s hung in there but I think I need to start looking for a replacement!
(3)

nhwm - Mine is about 20 years old - not leaking but I have to prewash the dishes before loading them. Time for a new one soon.
(1)

Husband is still sick. His doctor is coming by tomorrow to check him and our youngest son. Our youngest son tested positive and has symptom. He came over to stay. I didn’t want him home alone. So I have my own Covid ward.
(6)

Bridger,

I am so very sorry to hear that your son tested positive.

I hope the doctor will be able to give your husband some hope tomorrow about when he will start to improve.

It seems like Covid effects everyone individually. There is no way to tell how a person reacts to it.

Please keep us posted.

Sending prayers and a bazillion hugs your way.
(2)

Bridger,
Strength to you 💪💪💪
and quick recovery to your household.
😷❤️🙏
(5)

NeedHelpWithMom, go to the Realtor.com website. I don't think they ask for any information :) Plus you are not seeing the same house over and over again as separate real estate companies will show listings of other companies to help fill up their page.
(1)

Thanks, FF

I do go there but I see some listings on these other sites that are interesting and it’s annoying to have to supply an email or telephone number.
(2)

Oh good grief, I was reading my Nextdoor forum and I can't believe some people are not taking this virus seriously. Our Governor just put in place some old rules that he had removed and brought back. Some on that forum were complaining about Big Brother.

Why is it so hard for people to help stamp out this virus by wearing masks, and staying away from gatherings for the good of mankind.

Do they think what they see on TV are hospital TV sound stages? Some believe the death totals are not true. I even thinking they believe if they don't have the virus then everyone in their family tree doesn't have or will not catch the virus.
(9)

It’s kind of hard to take it seriously when so many governors are violating their own rules. I mean Gavin Newsom travels out of state regularly, didn’t shut down his wineries or restaurants when he shut the entire state down, has taken at least one vacation during the pandemic, got hair cuts regularly while salons were closed and worked out in tax-payer funded government gyms! Chicago mayor Lori lightfoot aka mayor beetle juice danced in the street MASKLESS with thousands of people last weekend and is now telling Chicago to stay home and cancel thanksgiving. NV governor Sisolak who has COVID himself through a large MASKLESS Halloween party and days later told the state that if they don’t stay home he’s going to lock them down again WHILE he encouraged tourists to keep coming! Gavin Newsom’s kids are attending school IN PERSON yet he denies the same opportunity the rest of the children in this state. He won’t let them go back to school. So yeah....Silly to judge anyone not taking it seriously when our elected leaders believe “rules for thee but not for me”.

There is no reason for us young & heathy people to live normal lives. Follow the science right? It’s not killing off the young. The flu is a bigger threat to the young than COVID. Those who want to stay home can stay home. The rest of us should be allowed to live our lives. We stopped following all the guidelines at the end of May. No social distancing, no staying home. We travel, go to parties, hang out with friends and family. Not a single person has gotten COVID. And if we do? It is what it is. We refuse to stop living out of fear of a virus with a 99% survival rate. The government works FOR US. Not the other way around. The governors don’t get to dictate how many people we have in our homes over the holidays.
(2)

Two wrongs don't make a right, just because prominent people aren't doing what needs to be done doesn't mean we are absolved of personal responsibility. Yes for most people it is no worse than the flu, many are even completely asymptomatic but the higher the community spread the harder it is to keep it away from those who are most vulnerable, it's as simple as that.
(11)

If you don't want to wear a mask to protect yourself that's fine. Do it to protect everyone else. Just cause your immediate family all hung out together and did not catch the virus doesn't mean that your family might not have been exposed and then expose some of the more vulnerable citizens who could actually die from it.

It's not that hard to put a mask on. Yeah, its maybe annoying but too bad. Do it anyway!
(11)

There is "book sense", and then there is "common sense."

This corona virus makes "no sense."

So, there can be visits in hospitals where there are more patients and more critical. However, there can't be visits in Nursing Facilities?

The masks, social distancing, handwashing, etc. are suppose to protect us from getting the virus but people are still getting it?

We are supposed to ovoid crowds but the grocery stores and Walmart is packed everyday.

We better open our eyes.
(1)

Nah.
Viruses just are NOT known for their sense, common OR book-learned. Viruses just aren't up to University level yet. But the virus and his family are doing OK, considered.
I think this particular virus has taken himself and his family on vacation to DC today. He loves a good super spreader party.
The virus WON'T be going on vacation to No. Dakota today, because that Republican Gov. just ordered a mask mandate today. Not much fun to be had THERE. Hee hee. And the ERs already full, with not a lot of good options for moving patients, apparently to neighboring states due to their filling up as well. 184,000 new cases yesterday 24 hour period.
Can triage be far behind (or as they call it now, "care choices")? And if it comes, who do we think it will hit first? Yup. Our elderly. I was a nurse in Earthquake territory. I know how to do triage very well. The patients accepted are the patients quote "most likely to be helped by the care received".
For that reason I am for protecting those of our elders who still wish to live (I am not one who will be accepting hospitalization). Basically, the Virus? He's got no sense. He doesn't care. He is the epitome of Darwinian. Pretty that he is, he is quite the nuisance. Kind of like Kudzu.
(7)

One can be healthy, covid doesn't care. It can snag you. Your symptoms maybe mild but it is the underlining issues that the virus can create.... such as scarred lungs which could be an issue later on.

In young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome. And yikes, COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. That young college student on a football scholarship may find himself benched for the season due to catching covid, and thoughts of going pro will now only be a distant memory.

Also read that drinking alcohol can reduce one's immune system, that was something I didn't know.
(6)

A flash from the past. During the second wave of the 1918 pandemic, the virus went after people 20 to 40 years old.
(4)

Just because your BFF decides to jump off a bridge doesn't mean you have to too!

My point is, just because the government officials don't wear a mask or follow any of the rules doesn't mean we should follow down death highway with them.

I am so tired of people only thinking of themselves and not have a darn care about anybody else's life...having no respect for anyone else's life...having no consideration for any one eles...just because you think the virus isn't real or that the death number isn't real, doesn't make it true!!!

Maybe we will get lucky and the virus will take-out the selfish people of this world. If anything, maybe they will see it when it hits someone they love and care about!!

I had a co-worker who died from Covid. She was 61 yrs old and she was a good person.
(6)

My great uncle was in the Army in 1918. He died in Texas from the flu. He’s buried in Texas. Family was not permitted to transport his body home for burial.

My husband caught Covid working in Wisconsin. He couldn’t fly home because he was Covid positive. Our sons drove him home. My youngest son is now positive. Fortunately, neither of them has developed severe problems.

Wear a mask, follow all the guidelines, you don’t this illness. Even if mild, it still is not pleasant. Think about yourself, but also think about your friends and family.
(10)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter