Follow
Read More
Bridger, so sorry about your husband. Hope all goes well on his return.

The weather from hurricanes, so many this year. We are seeing similar here with the fires. There are families that have been evacuated three and four times. They are told it is safe to return, only to be evacuated again.😞
(1)

Golden, OMG, catnip, at least you haven't started to chase your tail. Are the kitties mad at you for sneaking their treat?
(3)

Bridger, fingers crossed your family gets back safe & sound & that your DH remains symptom free or has only a very mild case.

2020 is certainly not the year we all had planned 🙁🤞🙏
(1)

GA,

I lost count but I am getting sick of these hurricanes. Will just have to keep an eye on where it’s headed and hopefully it will change course and not be a direct hit.

Thanks, EB
(0)

Bridger,

Sending you and your husband a bazillion hugs and many, many prayers.
(2)

How many are ready for 2020 to be over? I am!!!
(5)

Me! I booked my Jan holiday for Nov to speed up 2021.. alas the 'Ring of Steel' around the city not lifting just yet... so cancelled yesterday 🙁
(3)

I’m ready for 2020 to be over. Sick of the constant political news, tired of Covid. 2020 had been mine and my husband’s long awaited retirement year. And that has not materialized as we planned. We have a News Year’s and wedding anniversary trip planned for 12/26 - 01/042021. Who knows what will happen? 2020 be gone!!
(7)

No more fitkarate for me. Swimming pools and gyms are now closed because of this darn virus.
(2)

Bridger, didn;t your hubs get sick in NYC earlier this year? And your sons had to get him then also? ( Or was that another poster? I remember being concerned) Whoevever it was said they had horrible housing conditions there, and the information they got was not correct. Good luck with this, and I hope you all stay safe and get through this! I am also over this year. Its like the summer that never was!
(2)

Pam, He was in NYC earlier. Tested positive but never developed full Covid. Now home from Wisconsin. Tested positive yesterday morning and positive this morning. He’s home now in quarantine for two weeks. He has low grade fever this evening and sore throat. Going into his doctor early tomorrow morning for third test and to get med consult. I’m afraid this time is going to be worse. He’s not going to volunteer again; at least that’s what I’m saying.

He did have housing problems and a bunch of other stuff in NYC. He was treated very well in Wisconsin, They had housing in hotel across street. Could eat at no cost in doctors dining room. He was in Madison WI.

My sons say they’ve seen the US picking him because he hasn’t been able to fly back because his positive status.
(2)

Bridger,

He has symptoms now. Fever and sore throat.

I wonder how many people had false positives with testing.

It will be a happy day when Covid goes away! Come on, vaccine! I also wonder how many will not take a vaccine. It’s a mess!

I am praying for a complete recovery for your husband and that the rest of your family stays well. Hugs!
(3)

I’m such an idiot! I just put chocolate syrup on my brioche roll instead of the spicy brown mustard for my pork loin sandwich. Hahaha. Geeeeez!

The bottle is the same shape and were next to each other in my fridge. I grabbed the wrong one. Grrrrrr.

Was my last brioche roll. Had to start over with whole grain bread. I wanted my brioche roll. Oh well, not the end of the world.
(3)

The other morning I was rubbing on the prescription skin rash cream under my arms and wondering why it seemed thicker than the day before...and minty smelling.... Yup, toothpaste.
(7)

Need, I think you’re right about false positives. Both of his tests were the rapid test that has the higher rate of false positives. Tomorrow he’s having the most accurate one. He’s now coughing a lot. I’ve been sitting in the hall talking to him. I’d going to sleep in the room next door so I can hear if he needs anything. I’m a worrier.
(1)

Bridger,

I can’t imagine not being concerned. This isn’t something like a sprained ankle. It’s Covid.

We do know quite a bit more about Covid now regarding the spread and treatment.

That’s the good news, but it’s still something to be concerned about.
(0)

Geaton,

Now I don’t feel quite as bad about accidentally placing chocolate syrup on my sandwich after hearing your toothpaste story. LOL

Oh my gosh, toothpaste! Don’t some people use toothpaste for acne? There are all sorts of home remedies for things.

Well my daddy put toothpaste in his hair once instead of a hair product! The hair cream came in a tube just like toothpaste does. We laughed about that for years!

Years ago I put a bathroom cleaning product on my hair instead of hairspray! The cans were right next to each other on my counter top. I was rushing to get ready. I had cleaning foam all over my head!

I was late for work. My boss was waiting for me. He asked me why was I late. I had never been late before. I was prepared for him to chew me out.

Instead, he laughed so hard. Then I laughed. It was so embarrassing to tell him what I did.

Of course, I had to get back in the shower, get dressed again, quickly apply new makeup, so I was late for work and my boss was not happy.

He was actually a great boss. Obviously, he was a fair man and realized that stupid stuff happens sometimes 😊.
(3)

Toothpaste & cleaning foam!! LOL. Well if they work & are cheaper...

My flatmate once sprayed his underarms with black spray-on boot polish. Similar cans, together on his counter top too. He was screaming & running to the bathroom & splashing water everywhere. We had no idea what was going on until he showed us his lovely black shiny pits!
(2)

Beatty,

Too funny! 😂

Now I really don’t feel as bad about my chocolate syrup on my sandwich instead of mustard.

Geaton,

See, we aren’t the only ones to do these sort of things! I would love to laugh at more goofs!
(2)

Well, looks like we will be evacuating again. My husband doesn’t want to deal with possible power outages due to this latest hurricane.
(1)

NHWM, stay safe.

Bridger, be careful with yourself. You do not need to get it too! Then you may not be good for anyone. Put on your own oxygen mask first, you know.
(1)

I seem to remember that once I put hair cream on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste. I must have been very young and not even sure it happened to me.

NHWM, next time with that chocolate on brioche you might want to try turning it into something delectable. How about chocolate brioche bread pudding?

https://feastgloriousfeast.com/chocolate-bread-pudding/
(2)

Glad,

Great idea! But I only had one roll left. I love bread pudding!

Daddy got Brylcreem mixed up with the toothpaste. He started gagging. He said it was nasty tasting. LOL
(2)

I explained to my mother I was going to take my brother out for his birthday and she was happy about it. I always took her everywhere I went but these last few months my mother has been tired and battling UTI's more frequently. I called twice while at dinner with my brother to check on her. When she found out it was me on the phone she started spitting at my niece and got angry and when I came home she was so content and pleasant. She usually gets upset when I go out. My niece thinks it is so funny and cute I on the other hand dislike my mom acting up in this manner. I told my niece she will think it is ok to spit at someone. Cute and funny?? I don't think so.
(1)

My husband is a little sicker, but still at home. He’s been to his doctor. On a couple of meds. We’re doing okay with the quarantine - wearing gloves and masks, lot of hand washing and the whole house smells like Lysol. I have a Covid test tomorrow. I’m staying away from everyone. Having things delivered to the front porch. Not fun, but the way it has to be.
(4)

Bridger,

Praying for both of you. Please pray for my husband too. He gets his markers placed tomorrow to be used for targeting his radiation. We leave around 9:00 tomorrow morning. I am not sure how long the procedure last. The nurse is supposed to explain everything to me. My husband will be sedated so I will be driving home.

We arrived home to find tree branches in our driveway and yard from Hurricane Zeta but that isn't so bad. Lots of people have far worse damage. A few people died in the storm. Lots of power outages too. We had to throw out all of our food in fridge and freezer due to power being out.

Typical scene in Louisiana after a storm. Lots of clean up. At least the storm blew through quickly. When they linger it is far worse.

The storm was supposed to land as a cat one, it ended up being a strong cat 2. It was just about a category 3 storm.
(3)

Looking all over the internet for the perfect corn bread recipe. I made one for the first time the other day and it was plain lousy. What was I thinking, the best corn bread I ever tasted was on the back of the corn meal box and thanks to Golden with her great tips, it came perfectly fine, Love it and will make it again soon.
(1)

Since my FIL got sick, and passed, I have been waiting to see what will be next with mom.. LOL Always whenever anyone gets sick, she gets "something".. her gout may be back, her pain is worse, her back hurts.. you name it. Almost seems to be an attention thing. So for the last few days I have been trying to spend more time with hubs ( thus less with mom) and keep him busy. She is needy today.. of course, wanting me to watch TV with her, not him,, And today she said something I have noticed before.. no matter what we cook her, and she eats it if she is served,, (mostly).. there is always SOME thing that could have been better. More salt and pepper, more vinegar in the beets, no matter what we do. Small thing really.. but this is not the week for it! Tomorrow we are going to the investment guy to have her stuff finally moved to our state and advisor,, so that everything is easier to deal with ( her advisor is probably retired or dead at this point,, he has not returned my calls in forever!) Back and forth she goes, on if she is coming along or not.. at this point she wants to come, and I get that,,,BUT its so she "knows what he looks like"!! I have prewarned him,, but I know this will now be a longer visit because she will ask about his family, is he married.. etc. I almost have to laugh,, she did this with her cardiologist.. she wants to fix everyone up with my DD !! May I not lose my stuff or start laughing... pray for me!! BTW we know his family for many years,, and yes, he is married!
(3)

Pam,

So very sorry for your loss of your father in law.

Oh my gosh, sorry that you are going through all of this. I hope that you will be able to sort through it all and keep your sanity in the process!
(1)

NHWM,, thank you, I am trying! and next on my list is prepaying my Moms cremation .. The price has gone up a good bit since I did Dads years ago.. This she does not want to go along for.. LOL But I know what urn she wants so I think I am good to go,, except for the ouch factor.. My Aunt did this right after she saw how well Dads went.. I should have.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter