JeanetteB Posted April 2014

My "whine moment today". What's yours?

Follow

I'm tired of cooking/preparing 3 meals a day. It's just the two of us but boy oh boy can that woman eat!! She stays slimish, I get fattish. It's bad enough I do everything here much less start making her one thing and me the other. At times I feel guilty when I buy her fast food cuz of the nutritional value....not to mention I eat it too.

Comments

Show:
3 5 7
BarbBrooklyn Jul 8, 2018
Glad things have settled, Jay. Hoping to hear from Becky soon.
(1)

Becky04473 Jul 8, 2018
Last post from Jay. I won’t be posting further updates. On Beck. Not warranted at this point in time. Things have settled down.
(2)

mally1 Jul 7, 2018
Jay, I can hardly believe how awful Becky's last year has been - and IS being.... we are praying for her and asking the Lord to give her some mercy; whatever that would be. You're right; she hasn't been able to catch a break!
(9)

MsMadge Jul 7, 2018
Jay,
Thanks for letting us know the situation with Becky

We continue to hold good thoughts and prayers for her
(5)

Becky04473 Jul 7, 2018
This Is Jay. Beck is on her way to the other hospital. She is relieved to be moving. I’m glad too. The media attention to her accident last year and then getting hit in the head this past winter have made her very sensitive to all of the nasty comments people have made to and about her. The out of the way location will be better. PJ has found two Catholic sisters who are RN’s to stay with her. I hope this will lead to her having a smoother recovery.
(8)

freqflyer Jul 7, 2018
Jay, thank you for the update. Yes, a quieter environment would do Becky a world of good. One needs their sleep to get better.
(4)

Becky04473 Jul 7, 2018
This is Jay. Becky had and okay night. She had an accident last year on July 3. She never mentions it because she gets upset and most people get offended by her comments. She flies loose with some bad comments about rescue and rehomed dogs. Humane Society had rehomed this dog three times. Short version is she was attacked by a mixed breed (Lab German Shepherd). Her leg was totally mauled. Because she is diabetic and has neuropathy in that leg it has never healed. She has had several surgeries and many debridements. She was standing on her own driveway getting ready to to go to church when it happened. Originally, she had 168+ stitches. She was down to 48 stitches. This morning the ICU nurse got a monitor wire wrapped around her leg some how and it tore open a big portion of the wound. Her surgeon for that had to do a huge repair on her leg. She is in a lot of pain from both her leg and yesterday’s surgeries and is very depressed. I don’t blame her for that. It’s like the sister I know has been replaced by someone else. She has tremendous anger over the dog incident and that nutcase lady hitting her over the head. It’s as if she can’t catch a break. I haven’t seen her since before noon. I did hear her cut loose with the Director of Nursing and then she passed out. PJ is working to get her transferred to a smaller, quieter hospital. Her cardiologist and surgeon both have privileges there and he feels she can recover better there in the quieter environment. Her insurance has approved the transfer. I think it will happen later this evening or tomorrow.
(3)

Sendhelp Jul 7, 2018
Coyote,
Take UBER.
(2)

GardenArtist Jul 7, 2018
Has anyone heard from Becky or Jay today?
(2)

coyoteBR Jul 7, 2018
Allow me to write some nonsense compared to most here, but...
Mom had a small surgery - everything went better than the docs expected, she's fine, at home, etc - Me and one of my brothers took turns with her at the hospital, all fine. Being able to work from home office, I decided to stay with her at her city (no more than 60 miles from mine) for a week. First nights home, she wanted me to hold her hand and talk her to sleep. Ok, I understand, fragile, but there goes the plan to stay with her by day, work nights. And she prides herself to her doctor of not using walkers or cane. Right. She uses our arms. Is just I try to write a few pargraphs, and I need to take her to the bathroom, or bring something random to her (she's the kind of person that knows where every pin in our home is). Worst is when my father's home. In the same room she watches Netflix on tablet, and my father, the news blaring on TV. If I decided to retreat to my room, she calls me. I am returning home tomorrow, but she is guilty tripping me. And, worst, I am buying into it, but I need to go back to work (and also watch at least one Cup game uninterrupted). One moment I think I could stay two more days, to make her happy, the next I feel like entering the first bus home - if not avaliable, waste a fortune on a cab home, but get out of here. I am sure I'm not the only one who feels that
(10)

3 5 7

Related
Questions

Related
Articles