My "whine moment today". What's yours?

Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
2 3 4 5 6
Those are good whines MsM, I think you need a REAL vacation... don't keep pushing yourself until you get sick☹️
(4)

I took a couple of extra days off work this week with plans to clear out some closets and sort through the stacks of paperwork piling up

between trying to deal with mom's identity theft and just sheer exhaustion I've done nothing I intended

to make matters worse, I somehow backed into a pole yesterday, put a dent in my fender and made my neck sore

then I decided I should water a bit, as temps are going to spike to 100 again this weekend. I went out front to grab the garden hose only to see a 3 foot swath of stucco has dropped off the house down to the foundation

take me away
(7)

That's right, Veronica!
My elderly loved one is greatly improved after getting off most meds, refusing tests, and having a caregiver in AL. He was also helped by many mobility assists:
Electric chair, electric scooter, brace, glasses, all to the tune of "omg, you are going to bleed him dry" from his heirs, after several years of denying him care.

So happy for you that you have retained your right to know your own mind. Continue on, stay with us, I will always be rooting for your successes!
(11)

Well I failed my swallow test this morning and not in the way you are supposed to fail them.
I was done before it even started.
They said I had to stand against a hardboard and the would be tilted forward and could I stand up straighter. "No way no how, I have collapsed vertebrae, scoliosis and kyphosis" Even standing there while they argued was getting to be too painful.
"Before we lie you down we would like you to drink this thick barium so it coats your oesophagus"
End of test as I started to gag. "Did you manage to swallow any of it? "No it's right there in the dish where i spat it"
"Do you think you could do a modified test if we made the barium thiner?"
"No, I want to go home".
" Mutter, mutter" from the group in the corner.
"Well what should we do, do you want the test?"
No I never did i have already done three, and each test was negative plus I have had countless endoscopies..
I don't think they were very pleased because they will have to explain to someone why they could not MAKE a 79 yr old woman do a test. Fortunately this one is still competent and no anesthesiologist is going to touch me with a ten foot pole. One look at my record and they run and hide some where.

So to all you wonderful caregivers out there do not make your loved ones go through any test that is either useless or causes any distress. Find out what the test entails and if they find anything is there an acceptible treatment not involving months of rehab, possibly death or many weeks suffering the after effects of things like Chemo or RT

Let your loved ones spend whatever time they have left in peace and tranquility and as pain free as possible
(15)

I shouldn't have skipped the OTC meds to try to sleep! After a nightmare featuring a pink dolphin in Lake Mead attacking a childhood friend, I'm up and awake and found some Afrin in the medicine cabinet that's probably expired but I'll take any help in stopping the snot. Ughhhhh. Not my best moment, everything hurts.

...But I am finding lots of interesting things to watch online, so there's that. I haven't seen an Agatha Cristie type/remake since I was a kid. Those are fun.
(5)

ali - I watched several British murder mysteries yesterday afternoon. One is an Agatha Christie type in that the villain is usually the most unlikely character. It was a great escape from reality. Hope you are feeling better,
(4)

Happy Labor Day to you All!!!!
(4)

Hm. I think I'll have tomato soup with heaping amounts of hot sauce added to it for breakfast tomorrow. Good idea, Glad! I think one can buy powdered wasabi and reconstitute it at home, or add the powder to food. I like it well enough to use it even when I'm not having a cold/infection.
(4)

Ali, spicey hot V8 with a bit of wasabi.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(4)

Thanks for the suggestions, my friends. I could use a steam shower or any kind of steam to help this along, that's a good idea. I ended up doing a bunch of lemon juice waters and also chewed garlic. It's not the tastiest thing, but supposed to help heal up colds and throat infections.

The worst is trying not to get the sneezes while my back has this pain/spasm. Hahahahaha! Well, I get the sneezes anyway, but then I have to be careful not to sneeze in a way that wrenches my back. Ugh.

I did absolutely nothing today but watch movies in bed. Glorious! I made pasta and sauce, was tasty enough.

Bridgette/Becky, happy to read you'll be getting back to part time work. It's good to get out into routines, imo, so we don't slide into any depression after catastrophic life events, such as you've expereicned recently with the death of DH. Take care of yourself, you have a lot going on.

Madge, I discovered a couple of problems with my grandmother's credit report and was able to fix it after a few heated phone calls, such as asking AT&T why they put two cell phones' monthly charges in my grandmother's name the past two years when she's 103 and has been judged to be incompetent by court of law 10 years ago. They issued a refund for the 2 years of charges. Another account was a former caregiver had used grandma's credit info to open account at Sears and make a charge. It didn't affect my grandmother too much; she no longer has any use for good credit. The agency the caregiver worked for received a call from APS social worker and like magic, a check appeared made out to my grandmother for the amount of the charge.

I'm trying to be encouraging, that whatever you find, it may be some effort to deal with but I have hope it will all come out ok. And going forward you can sign up with a credit monitoring place, or just get electronic access to the info and check yourself every few months.

These pressure sneezes are the worst. I need OTC meds but I'll sleep tonight and see if I'm improved tomorrow. If not, I'll get the daytime formula to control symptoms. I'm moving this month and have so much to plan!! I'm excited. Cannot believe it's been a year already I've been in the city, out of grandparents' house, everything is all settled, my dad seems to be fine. I should call him.

P.s. Madge, Hamilton was A LOT of fun!! I really enjoyed it!! I would go again.
(5)

2 3 4 5 6
Related
Questions