My "whine moment today". What's yours?

Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
i just tried an acorn . it was tasty and clearly very fibre - ous . youll be hearing back from me on this matter -- or if you dont hear back from me DONT eat ACORNS ..
(2)

i have ta handload a dumptruck full of firewood today . ill bet i find a cheap food blender somewhere too . i cant do breakfast , never could . with the liquid swill i could toss anything in there i thought id need for the day and just drink it , it dont have to taste good . so much food at the sav a lot and equivalent is just processed corn and soya . things were so much simpler back when donuts and beer were my staple breakfast , lunch was a joint and a hydraulic sandwich , etc . ive always realized an older persons diet had to change to fruits and vegs but i never pictured it for myself . of course , a blender . ill be fightin with the squirrels for those acorns out front . the acorns will go well with a big squirrel swirley for lunch .. nothings off limits . the store food is unhealthy and i live in the forest .
(1)

Mother's away until Friday so I'm deep-cleaning her room - that's not the whine! - and started on a box of photos that's been sitting in a corner doin' nothin'.

So frustrating! Hundreds of photos, no idea what of, quite often very little idea who of, some in Hong Kong, some must be from Korea which means my dad took them… Before long I could feel my ears ringing, literally, with the silence. It dawned on me that we're so used to images coming with a narrative nowadays that maybe we're out of the habit of thinking about it for ourselves. I'm not good at throwing things away even when I do know what they are. I shouldn't have opened the box.
(1)

Well as long as you've got the whiskey and the toilet paper, Jeanette ;) Can I come and stay with you?!

Captain I think one of the reasons the authorities in Dallas are more optimistic about containing the infection is that in the US it will be much harder than it is in West Africa for quarantined people to bribe their way out and run around shopping malls like headless chickens - not that I'd blame anyone for panicking if he was quarantined with suspected Ebola. It is not a nice way to go. I have yet to follow up on the story about the three day curfew in Sierra Leone (three days is a long time to survive indoors when you live hand to mouth and don't have mains water in your house) but if they succeeded in enforcing it I'll eat my hat.

I've been wrestling to hang on to my milk of human kindness ever since they brought that nurse back and put him in the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. ("NO! Don't let him get on the plane!!! Are you NUTS???…") I'm delighted that he's fully recovered and now haring about trying to donate antibodies to anyone who'll have them, and he's a good world citizen and all that, but for heaven's sake. When it comes to infection control, global air travel is not our friend.
(0)

After experiencing several hurricanes.... I can say, that is not TRUE.

Funny, my late father left me a big cardboard box. What was in you ask? Well... Toilet paper, a big flask of whiskey (medicinal) loads of rice, army freeze dried food things, canned goods, ramen noodles and matches Guess he thought we could get water anywhere Ah man.... loved that guy.
(3)

Jeanette, lots of people think that as soon as the skies clear, FEMA will be on their doorstep delivering beer and toilet paper. LOL
(0)

I doubt free supplies of anything will be delivered. HOORAY to all those preppers!
(0)

Perhaps with 50 million dollars they could do SO MUCH more to stop AD/Dementia. Least it stands a chance at being stopped, unlike Ebola according to some... Ebola did not come from Dallas, like you said, it landed there...I'm sure he's been teleported to Atlanta already.
(1)

authorities think ebola can be contained in the usa or western europe . im not sure why that is . possibly because our every thought and movement is tracked in real time and individuals can be quarantined almost instantly .
might be a good thing . everybody stay at home , free supplies will be delivered ..
theres nothing id rather do .
(0)

Ebola just landed in Dallas. I wonder where everyone else on that plane went to? Forget Bill Gates, even Bill Gates can't stop Ebola. On the other hand Ebola will stop you from getting dementia.
(0)

Related
Questions