My "whine moment today". What's yours?

Follow

I'm tired of cooking/preparing 3 meals a day. It's just the two of us but boy oh boy can that woman eat!! She stays slimish, I get fattish. It's bad enough I do everything here much less start making her one thing and me the other. At times I feel guilty when I buy her fast food cuz of the nutritional value....not to mention I eat it too.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
((((((madge)))))) You are an amazing caregiver for your mum. She is so fortunate to have you. You must be exhausted. I must say that hoca sounds pretty bad - like not many there care. Like cw, I wish there was a better option for you and the Viking, I wish it was not so hard on you, I wish it was not so hard on all of us and our LOs. But sometimes life is just hard. Roses for you 🌹🌹🌹!
(8)

Hi FF it's nice to see you posting, I thought you were gone for good!
(5)

Speaking of make-up. I use to use liquid eye-liner all the time, but as I have gotten older I don't any more. The main reason is that my hand starts to tremor and what a mess.... maybe this is how the "smokey eye" style got started :P
(9)

I'm sorry you have to put up with such a sub par facility MsM, as much as I like to complain my mom's NH seems like the ritz in comparison. I wish there was a better option for the viking and you.
(7)

CWillie
yes, alone, asleep you name it
and no one knows if someone ate or drank - sometimes the one person on the kitchen staff who I have a rapport with will give me a look and I'll know whether mom ate or not

as it turns out, the director was still onsite and came over to make sure I wasn't hurt - I was a bit sore during the night but nothing bad - had it been anything more than it was I would report it outside the facility

from the moment mom entered hoca until this day, it has been a disappointment and a very expensive one at that

it is so hot again today
mom couldn't wake up for lunch and private caregiver just texted she's being fussy and not eating
this journey is so exhausting
(8)

MsM, would they leave your mom to finish her food alone if you weren't there? My mom is very slow too and I suspect that once they have put in 10 - 15 minutes the meal is considered over. It is especially ridiculous when our table is served last and they come by charting how much everyone ate/drank 5 minutes after we've started.
(6)

MsMadge, sorry you and the Viking had to deal with that. I don't blame you, I'd be cranky too. They need someone from staff supervising those that are still milling around after meals. I'd talk to whoever is in charge there and let them know that your mom could've gotten hurt.
(6)

MsMadge, Now I'm sorry for you and The Viking!
(3)

I'm in a cranky mood

since I went into the office last weekend, I decided to leave at 5 pm today to be with mom for part of dinner

she's a slow eater, and I think she has a toothache - as usual we're still at the table while most of the other residents have been moved to the tv room -

a couple of women are milling about and I notice one standing next to another slow eater, and she's swiping her ice cream - no one is around and poor M doesn't even have a drink so I get her some juice

next thing I know, the ice cream thief is over by the Viking trying to take the handle off her wheelchair which reclines the seat so I tell her not to touch mom's chair and she gets mad and starts sticking her spoon in mom's face -

I try to get between her and mom and tell her to go to the other room but she starts cussing and of course no one is around so I decide to ignore her and she's still cussing but starts to walk away

As I'm standing over mom, she comes from behind me and punches me in the back

I am so fed up with everything- luckily mom didn't get hit but had I not been there tonight who knows what might have happened if she was there alone
(8)

So sorry, Boot
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
Related
Questions