Follow

I'm tired of cooking/preparing 3 meals a day. It's just the two of us but boy oh boy can that woman eat!! She stays slimish, I get fattish. It's bad enough I do everything here much less start making her one thing and me the other. At times I feel guilty when I buy her fast food cuz of the nutritional value....not to mention I eat it too.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Sorry.
(0)

The person looking for the whine thread posted over a year ago OB, nobody is looking any more it's just that somebody has resurrected the thread.
(1)

Here’ s the “whine” thread.
(0)

I had a week in school the past week that was on par with the worst finals time I've ever had. This is not even midway through the term. There have been many days in a row where every single hour, I question whether or not I can keep up. I'm concerned because, on paper, nothing's all that difficult or demanding in my life, besides school. And I wonder why I'm such a weenie. lol But then it hit me tonight, after I struggled through the 5th day in a row of 8+hour schoolwork days, that THIS is what I'm paying good money for! lol If it wasn't such a challenge, I wouldn't be learning so much! And what I'm learning is raising some interesting questions for me, not only about my future career paths, but about myself and the whole dang world. There are so many layers to behavior analysis and how it can be used to improve lives. I'm just scratching the surface.

My grades are all good, everything's A-OK., just a VERY demanding week. Random thing I learned this past week: behavior analysis methods have been used with infants who are failure to thrive and those who have infant anorexia. BA's always have to clear every potential medical cause first, so these are cases with no known medical cause. I didn't know infant anorexia existed, much less that a behavior intervention could correct this in an infant. There are a few ways it's been done. I will likely never be qualified to do such a treatment, but the fact that it's done at all, in different children with different eating challenges... it's just really cool to learn about. What a godsend for parents who don't want to put a PEG tube in their baby, to be able to find another way.

Anywho. I just needed a place to vent, and share something. My social life is non existent. lol Things are good with me. CHALLENGING... but very, very good challenges... and as long as I can keep it up, I will. If I need to quit work altogether until the end of July when I finish the BS, I could do that. It would mean subletting both rooms at my place all the time and using school loans more but it's an option.
(1)

Order take out once in while. My father is very picky about food and prefers I cook but I can't do it anymore. I am not a restaurant or cruise ship. If this sounds selfish I am sorry but it's just too much.
(3)

PolarBear,
I saw the cat announcement later in the day too.
It happened when I used the back arrow.
Very cute cat!
(1)

Cwillie,
That is a reminder for me to rush outside at 1:25 p.m. to get some sun!
I don't like it finding myself without a healthy activity during the day when the sun goes down.

Today, sunset will be 4:54, instead of about 6 p.m. 😟
(2)

4:19 and the sun is sinking fast, I hate losing my afternoon sun 😢
(4)

I never saw the announcement either.
(1)

I saw the sleeping cat. It slept too long, way more than the indicated time frame of 7 pm-10 pm.

The cat still pops up intermittently as I try to post this.
(2)

Did you miss the announcement polarbear?
https://www.agingcare.com/questions/agingcare-planned-maintenance-471035.htm?orderby=recent�

I thought the cat and advice were kinda cute though!
(1)

Agingcare was down for hours yesterday. I went through withdrawal. Anyone else did too?
(2)

Behappy you can serve your loved one who undoubtedly cooked and cleaned and washed your clothes, cleaned your house, adopted for groceries, and a host of other things for many years. Rejoice my friend.
(0)

Hey Mina, nice to hear from you. Wish you had better news; something like that you had won the lottery, or you met a new beau in the Carribbean and decided to stay there forever. 😊 I have to say, you amaze me with how well you seem to be handling this crisis. I'm glad you're doing better and have a recovery plan. Why were you getting incorrect dosing in a facility? I didn't quite follow that but since you knew what you were supposed to take, then obviously someone on staff didn't..? Ayyy, not good. I'm so glad you're on the mend. And glad you came back here to drop in and share with us. Hope you stick around!
(3)

Mina - I'm speechless. ((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) and keep in touch.
(3)

Mina, what an extraordinary experience, and what an extraordinarily positive outlook you have!

I don't know what else to write - I'm so sorry for the ordeal and challenges you experienced.     But your courage is inspiring, and your message is insightful and wise. 

Congratulations to you for your perseverance and for your inspiration to others.

(Also, please check your cell voicemail messages; your landline mailbox was full.)
(3)

🙁🤗🤗🤗 Mina
(2)

Wow Mina! Glad to hear you’re up and fighting. Been a long time. I still troll the site now and then. Good to see one of my favorite veterans. Take care.
(7)

Mina, you must have your messaging turned off in your privacy settings. Would love to send you links for those groups.
(2)

All the best mina! I hope you make a complete recovery. Good to see you on here again.
(2)

Mina, what a tale. MinatheResilient! All the best for your ongoing recovery.
(3)

Mina!
With your great attitude, any Ca would be afraid to stick around!
So happy to see you visit here again.
(4)

Barb & glad...thx so much for your replies! Glad my goodness, what can I say, yes, would love to know contacts for support groups. Gotta say, like you, reconstructive surgery is not really on my mind right now (if ever)....
(4)

Mina, good to hear from you and so sorry you are experiencing bc. I too had my round and had double mastectomy in July. I am very fortunate and did not need radiation or chemo, but am breastless. I just was not going to mess around with reconstruction and all the problems that can come with it.

There are several FB groups that I am a part of that have been very helpful. Let me know if you want to know what groups those are. I would be happy to pm those to you.

Best wishes going forward you sound like you are doing great.
(6)

MIna, I'm so glad to hear that you're okay! What an ordeal. Please let us know how you're getting on with the radiation treatments, okay?
(2)

Hello old & new friends....
I only jump in here cuz although my trials w/Mom care are now long over, I find myself in the midst of an unforseen serious medical situation myself, perfectly fit & healthy & only in my 60's, totally avoiding COVID, for more than a year, I was felled in every way.

Long story short, I ignored a rapidly growing right breast until I could get fully vaxxed. Ended up in ER w/pulmonary embolism & 18.5 lb cancerous breast tumor plus open bleeding wound caused by weight of tumor. 6 weeks in hospital + more in rehab after mastectomy.

I could give you a devaststaing check on reality re: care...I've experienced it & thought at least I am still mentally solid after seeing my fellow inmates....God help them.....most never leave their beds...I knew my numerous meds & what every pill looked like & when I should take them: You should see how many I left w/cuz I was being inappropriately dosed!
And,amongst other insults, I had all my cash stolen from my purse while in a very "lovely" sr. nursing facility.

BTW, I have excellent hc coverage (BCBS) and am totally happy w/my team of doctors from a great hospital (Beaumont, Metro Detroit). Personally, 1 of the best days of my life was having the mastectomy & ridding myself of that horrid 18.5 lb. bleeding tumor. All my doc's, but not me, are astounded at my healing & attitude. I still have radiation to face given 4mm of cancer at the margin ....

My message is simple: DO NOT TAKE YOUR HEALTH FOR GRANTED....AND BE PREPARED AS YOU CAN. I had never in my life been on any meds, had damn near perfect readings for all that's measured, was athletic, in shape, never had a weight problem, etc and found myself in hospital unable to raise my head off a pillow. I remember being astounded, telling myself, "mind over matter", of course you can raise your head!!! Didn't work & I was royally POd 🤔

I've come a long way & still have a long way to go (rad treatments next) but I feel great & have new energy focused on my future. Take care of yourselves my friends!
(12)

Kitchenwitch, I think some brain's are hardwired to provide what they think is constructive input, or sympathy, and maybe not engage in empathy with the person. I recently watched this video about sympathy vs empathy. It's simple and short, and I think it illustrates your point. https://youtu.be/KZBTYViDPlQ
(1)

CM I hear you.

Staff shortages due to multi issues, inc the 'ping' effect.

Agency staff "I've been sent here today" (Umm you agreed to work) "I don't really want to go there, do that" (ok, goodbye, we'll call the agency for someone else. "Will I get paid? I DID turn up.." You turned up & declined the shift. So no. "I was thinking I could just sit down & 'special' someone (supervision)". That's not the shift on offer.

We needed your Line Manager! To say "Take it or leave it".

Have you worked here before? "No". Have you worked in this field before? "Yes, kind-of.. not really".

Well, ask, use your intitiative, keep people safe, use infection control precautions. Some work out - some do not.

It must be so very for.people in their homes, depending on care & getting haphazard or unreliable service.

Your service I'm sure is very much appreciated!
(3)

Seething.

Staff shortages meant that my line manager was on as Shift Leader this evening.

My Line Manager's top tips for person-centered care:

#1 Like it or lump it.
#2 Take it or leave it.
#3 Beggars can't be choosers.
#4 Never apologize, never explain.

My golden rule:
Avoid contact with or notice from this line manager at all costs.
(5)

I think there s plenty of "bait and switch" going on now depending on the goods that can actually be received. Some places are not special ordering for that reason.

Case in point my son was looking for a chest of drawers to match some other furniture he has. All places he called to check either told him there is not any of that available, it has been discontinued. I think with shipping problems that businesses just are not trying to special order anything because of impatient customers. Probably safer that way, no bad reviews because something just has not come in.

I checked with the small town furniture store here. They ordered it. I kept expecting a call telling me they couldn't get it. Well it came in last week. It took a couple of months, worth being patient, my son was thrilled.
(4)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter