Follow

I'm tired of cooking/preparing 3 meals a day. It's just the two of us but boy oh boy can that woman eat!! She stays slimish, I get fattish. It's bad enough I do everything here much less start making her one thing and me the other. At times I feel guilty when I buy her fast food cuz of the nutritional value....not to mention I eat it too.

1 2 3 4 5
Needalife, One thing I did learn to do when things are rough in life is to compartmentalize each day, just get through it best as possible and then put it in the past. Sometimes I have had to do this by taking it one hour at a time. Don't forget to do little things for yourself, cup of coffee, watch sunrise, etc. Little things add up in what I call the "me bank", and give energy to start a new day.
(4)

Needalife

sorry you you caught in a spot

if I understand, you are taking care of hubby's gma?

Where are gma's children?
(3)

Damn where to start..lol welp my charge is my dh gram and he sees no wrong in all she does smh. I have had to forbid her from sleeping with her dog cuz of the fall risk(she gets up n "lets the dog out") when all she does is let her out of her room to piss in the rest of the house cuz she forgets to take her to the sliding glass doors to do so. Now she has been drinking her dogs water tht she keeps in a bowl on her table (the dog is a spoiled asshole) at any rate i no longer let her feed the dog(she will eat dog food) nor sleep with the dog as above mentioned, so no water for gma and now ima asshole.she hss harped on me for days but i will not give no matter what im here to take care of her not appease her delirious fantasy she no longer understands tht im not the enemy but knows she can still depend on me. I have gotten on antidepressants cuz of the stress and yet my dh and his mom still dont understand. I no not what else to do i am at my wits end what would u ladies n gents do????
(2)

Good to hear, Gershun,

Mine came in the mail yesterday. I have not started reading it yet.
(2)

Magnum, I suffered from anorexia when I was 11/12. It wasn't spoken about as much as it is today and I was able to hide it for a long time before anyone noticed. It got to the point where I couldn't stand up without getting dizzy and would faint every time I got out of the shower so obviously people knew something was up.

I think I did it to get attention. My Mom was always at work it seemed and I was getting bullied, my brother's mental illness was coming to the forefront more and there was so much stress in my life. Why I chose to start starving myself, God only knows. I still battle with unhealthy eating habits to this day. I think it's like being an alcoholic. Even when you stop drinking you are still an alcoholic. I think it's like that with anorexia as well. I go through stages where I become addicted to exercising and overdo it and then have to stop for a while.

I haven't ordered that book yet Magnum but I'm going to go on a book site right now and see if I can find it.
(4)

Grief over my dad's death has led to dealing with the pain of how mean my mother was after divorcing him for no reason other than her daddy's money and name wishing she had just left me with him. Their divorce hurt me so much that I went on a hunger strike that took sending me to Johns Hopkins to get me out of.
(4)

Then, a group toast! Even though I don't do wine, I may feel like it!
(3)

The winds are changing direction again, Send
we should be less smoky tomorrow
(4)

Rest well in your own bed tonight, Veronica
(6)

So sorry for everyone's troubles. I will not whine now unless it is truly whine worthy.

Veronica, Magnum, Send, CWillie, Katie, Madge, Countrymouse and anyone else I may have omitted.

(((((Big Hugs)))))
(7)

Not one to disappoint, CWillie, the whines have been stepped up just for you!

The heavy, gray smoke has arrived from the several fires. Moving Tweety in the bedroom with the Hepa filter.

Just realized if we had to go somewhere because of the smoke, we would have to bring Tweety. Grateful my pet is not a horse. The L.A. Co. Animal Shelter is full, announced on social media.

I am not too scared. But when we last had to leave from the smoke, we did not realize how sick it was making us until later.

Ok here! No visible fires.

Anyone else......be safe.

Even if your issues are snow and freezing.
(5)

Not that I need it, but it would have been fair if my dad had left my two step-siblings and I the same amount of his estate. For some reason, I ended up on the short end. I think this was my step-mother's influence who never liked me anyway and treated me like dirt for 35 years.
(6)

And I was just saying the whines seemed pretty tame lately - sheesh, you guys definitely have something to whine about🤗🤗
(2)

Time for a group hug!!!!
(6)

Veronica,
Have you tried Liquid IV to rehydrate?
Avail at c o s t c o and other places.

I only heard about it second-hand.
(2)

Wow 8 1/2 hours in the ER yesterday and an invitation to spend at least the W/E in the hospital.
My "J" tube is constantly blocking and due for a change anyway so L my caregiver called interventional radiology where it is usually done and was give an appointment for 7 am Friday morning. A few hours later we got a call back saying the radiologist refused to do it because of my other health conditions.
L then called the GI office and the girl said they could do it in their office but we had to bring our own tube! They later backtracked and told us to go to the ER as it had to be done in the OR.
We got to the ER at 7am to avoid the rush and were seen immediately. The ER could do nothing which was what I had expected. Nemerous phone calls were made and never returned and finally the name of the DR who did the procedure was found. She came down fairly quickly and did a temporary fix so I can at least be fed but now have to go back to my GI Dr in two weeks and they will finally decide what to do. So there I laid for 71/2 hours in acute pain from my OA and they did something I had contemplated doing myself in the middle of the previous night. Now DD has forbidden me to tough the tube and only L can do it because she told everyone that I had messed with it.
Yes I had but so had she. She was so stressed out because it was her first time taking me to the ER and she was afraid of what might happen and what she would have to tell DD.
We declined the offer to stay in the hospital to get fluids L is experienced in that area in cats and dogs and DD the Vet had already supplied the equipment. We are giving the fluids through the now working "J" jube.
DD has decreed that I am not to go into the hospital because we can manage most things at home and I will get better care and on top of my list is no room mate.
(9)

Veronica I am seeing your kitty. I am also seeing my avatar as it is loaded.

Maybe it is your browser or you need to delete your history? And clear your cache.
(1)

What has happened to all our avatars and screen names. Why are we reduced to an initial?
(1)

MsMadge what are you supposed to do when it's a case of one dam' thing after another?
(3)

The Los Angeles Times isn't available on EU platforms. They (the Times, that is - the EU never apologises for anything) say they're very sorry and they're working on it.

The New York Times has very full coverage of the fires. I am flabbergasted. It just doesn't seem real or possible. What happens now?
(3)

Sometimes, I feel like all I do is whine
(2)

Katie,
Feel free, I second that!

I am about 1/2 - 1 hour from most of the fires in SoCal. The wind is bad. I especially was sad about the fires reaching the ocean near Malibu.
The air qualty and being vigilant is stressful, seeing huge billowing clouds of smoke in the distance makes enjoying anything difficult, but my hubs and I are safe. Well, I am safe. Hubs is out riding in the poor air quality, romancing a sinus infection, That was my whine. I am the one who will have to care for him, getting out the Oregano e-oils now. Every year in Nov. and Dec.

Just a reminder to me and caregivers everywhere:
No one is obligated to do the hands-on caregiving, but responsible to see (arrange it) that vulnersble adults (family) are cared for.

But sometimes, it doesn't feel like a choice. imo.
(7)

Katie - the whine thread is still alive (although most of the whines seem pretty tame nowadays), feel free to vent all you like!
(5)

Send, thanks for the clarification too. My husband and I were put in the position of caring for MIL when his sister died 2 yrs. ago and left him an "only child". Though it has not been as intense as caring for my bedridden Mom for several years, I did think I would get a break for a bit after 18 total years of caring for my Mom.
(3)

For those of you near the fires, please stay safe.
(2)

OK, I just thought this was the whine thread where people can let some things out and blow off steam, see that they are not alone in the caregiving journey, etc. Maybe there is something I have been missing along the way here. I have been known for my airheadedness at times. Sometimes being blissfully unaware is good though. I always was rather zen like, even as a kid.
(2)

I saw the wildfire headlines yesterday, an entire town wiped out. - with so many fires the last several years I'm amazed there is anything left to burn.
(3)

I went to CNN but they're just talking politics. And they seem undecided about whether I live in Middlesbrough (300 miles away) or Taiwan. Either way, perhaps that's why the website won't give me any West Coast news.

On what there was... I know that Tom Lehrer said "satire died the day they awarded Henry Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize." And when it comes to the power of satire, I think of Peter Cook launching The Establishment club and commenting that it was modelled on "those wonderful cabarets of the Weimar Republic that did so much to prevent the rise of Fascism and the outbreak of the second world war..."

So it's not a new thing to be thinking surely this has all gone way beyond parody. But surely, this time, it has all...

What have we done to deserve to live in such interesting times?
(4)

California is on fire again 😥
(3)

And on and on and on and on and on.......................................INFINITY! :)
(7)

1 2 3 4 5