Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
3 4 5 6 7
Barb, I think you were the last with that problem. I am so glad it is fixed.

Again, everyone, until she has to change it for us bothering her, Ashley has an email. I have never got a response with the suggested ones on the site.

Write this one down.
AshleyH@aplaceformom.com.

I hope we can use it ONLY when something is wrong with out site, because I am sure we will lose it otherwise. But this worked when my page went all whoopsie-kitten on me.
(4)

@Barb Yay!!!! 🎈🧨🎈
(6)

My profile is BACK!!!!!!

Thank you all.
(10)

If any of you really need help I do suggest using AshleyH@aplaceformom.com.
I have NEVER gotten a reply from trying to reach out in any other way. I have tried to post this a few times, but it may be getting taken down. I seldom do "Discussions" but of late here because of Lea's illness.
Barb, so glad someone in the know finally is getting the info on your account. I think we over and over again have been posting about your profile in myriad places.
I guess the whole email spam thing a known thing and common. When we sent back to our CPA the permission to efile for us he said proof of the efiling would be emailed, and we should BE CERTAIN to put the address in our CONTACTS or it would likely go to spam. Universal email problems I guess, but computer illiterate as I am how would I know.
(3)

"Why are contact form emails going to spam?

If someone fills out a form on your site, you want them to receive the triggered response. To stop your contact form emails from going to junk, you must ensure that the emails go through an email service provider so that they're properly authenticated. Emails that aren't authenticated tend to be marked as spam."

Source: https://wpforms.com/why-your-contact-form-emails-are-going-to-spam-how-to-fix-it

So, this forum must be managing the emails themselves in order for this problem to exist. I usually prefer to find a direct contact email and send it to the organization directly from my own email app, not from within the website. My experience 80% of the time when I send an email from within the site is that I don't get a response back, and this is probably why.
(4)

Barb I.wonder if my emails have been going to junk as well. It used to be whenever I emailed them I would at least get an acknowledgement. That hasn't been the case lately though.
(5)

I guess that sort of makes sense if the anti spam bots have flagged you (and others) as a spammer Barb. It also explains why so many of the repeated messages to the email link on the contact us page get no reply.
(4)

Finally heard from AC: my emails have been going to their spam folder.

Bandy, I think you must have alerted them; thank you.

They are "working on it".

I appreciate everyone's support, both on this thread and on "whine" regarding my troubled daughter.
(7)

Bandy7, I wish AgingCare would have folders where we can move any Personal Messages.
(3)

I'm not sure how the Profile access problem is being member-selective. Makes no sense.

On Lea's health thread I posted a Scripture du jour 2 days ago that didn't show up on my Activity page for at least a day, even though others have "liked" it. Today I made 2 posts there back-to-back. Only one of them shows up on my Activity page right now. This is one buggy website.

Also, I can't figure out why they don't allow replies to Discussion posts or PMs. Might as well throw that in the heap while we're at it.
(5)

Yeah I hear you Barb. It just reinforces my belief that nobody is trying very hard to fix this because it doesn't adversely affect the monetized aspect of the site, after all it's not causing difficulty for those who are using APFM's placement services.
(5)

Cw, I wouldn't mind setting up a new account, but what gives me pause that that I would lose access to all my prior PM's (including those from some members who have died), email addresses sent to me and above all, the timeline of my mom's decline and death, which I refer to from time to time to to make sure my memory of stuff is accurate. It helps me give better advice.

If the admins would answer me and tell me that they can lift all that stuff from my corrupted profile and save it, I'd be happy to start anew.

Look, I've been married to TWO tech guys. This stuff is not rocket science in competent hands.

AND to find that there has all along been an opening by which a member can change another's post? That's disheartening, to quote Dorker.
(5)

Frankly I don't think anybody cares if a few account holders are facing glitches, especially since it's obviously not an easy fix. I think at a minimum they could help the people who have contacted them to open new accounts.
(1)

Sorry, Barb.

It’s frustrating! I hope AC can figure it out soon.
(3)

I still can't access my profile. Have reported it every day via the email box attached to "About Agingcare" and sent an email to the last AC Moderator I was I'm contact with.
(5)

The last I saw Barb I clicked to see if she had a profile up, and that day--two days ago I think--she still had whoops kitten.

I don't know about others but I WONDER about RealyReal. I was concerned she wasn't on site, and was worried knowing her Mom passed so recently. I wrote a PM and she was OK but did mention that she was unable to post, and just didn't care to deal with it right now.

Yesterday I checked her profile as she still isn't back and it is looking as tho she may have left site??? There is nothing giving likes and following and all that? I don't know what our profile page looks like when we leave. But she is a valued member who knows so many folks and is quite close to a few. I would be surprised if she left us without a word, but she seems not to be here.

I had already given her the email I had that I reached out to with my two problems (Ashley).

Hope everyone is much better far as these pesky problems go.
(4)

Anyone still having problems with trying to delete Messages they no longer wish to save? I still am.

Oh, I no longer need to "log in" each time like I did there for a week or two. That changed when I did a "history delete" of everything in my computer. Now the log-in stays on :)
(5)

3/12 - new issue: if I make a reply within a post in Questions, it won't let me go back and edit it, even if I go back immediately. This was never the case in the past.
(4)

My profile's showing that kitty message now. Smh.
(2)

Alva - I have the same from "TRAVOR" and reported him too. That's when I noticed the "delete" wasn't working.
(3)

Golden, my delete function not working as well. I got this spam message from someone you can see on my profile named TREVOR (new, no activity on the page, and says only "hello". ) I tried to press delete and he is still there. I did press report and it SEEMED to take the report as usual.
(3)

"Delete" posts function (three dots) on my profile is not working. I first noticed it 10/03/2023.
(2)

Profile is back. Fastest fix in eons. Don't seem to have missed a THING, hee hee.
(3)

AlvaDeer awakened to the WHOOPS KITTEN.
Notified the admins.
Almost a relief.
Other than Lea's thread and our OPs, it's all I care about now, and I still have them.
All take good care.
(1)

3/11 - my Profile is still accessible so I think the problem can be considered fixed for me.
(4)

A poster brought up the fact that she couldn’t delete her messages in her profile. I just tried to delete messages on my profile and I can’t delete them either.
(3)

Also noting here that work on the original profile page issue is still in progress. Thanks again for your patience!
(5)

Hi all,

We have disabled the ability for forum members to alter or edit other members’ posts.

While there is no evidence that this was occurring beyond this instance, when this potential vulnerability was brought to our attention, we immediately remedied it. 

We also have no indication that user profile data was viewed or made accessible.

Please use the form at the bottom of the About Us page (https://www.agingcare.com/aboutus) to contact us with any further questions.
(4)

FF, as of 8am (CST) it is still accessible.

We'll see how long it lasts today. My husband tells me that I'm a cynical, skeptical and suspicious NJ Italian so... I have a reputation to maintain ;-)
(4)

Geaton777, as of 8pm EST, your profile is alive and well :)
(2)

3 4 5 6 7
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter