Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
She wasn't here earlier. Glad to see she is back!
(2)

LOL! Doesn't seem to stop, does it!
(1)

Admin - reporting that all posts by NeedHelpWithMom have disappeared.
(2)

I swear this site is haunted, now apparently we have at least one member whose existence has been erased.
(2)

Alva,

Your sense of humor cracks me up!
(3)

We've had several threads over the years that have been dedicated to site problems or updates, inevitably there are very few who comment on them (generally the usual old regulars) and when the problems go away the threads fade into obscurity. It takes more time and effort to continually bump threads than most of us are willing to expend and this site refuses to pin anything (like the perpetually asked about abbreviations topic)
(4)

Jeffrey, I LOVE that idea of yours. I MEAN that.
And I WISH that our admins would create a good communication thread dedicated to our BRIEF report of any technical problems, one we could all folllow ONLY for those problems.

Still, I think you may here be attempting to herd cats.
Hee hee. Your post alone gave me the giggles.
How long, now, have you known us?
(2)

Alva,

It is convenient to do banking online.

I think about the people who would have their social security checks stolen from their mailboxes years ago.

Nowadays, just about everyone is paid directly instead of paper checks by their employers.
(3)

Stacy,

I don’t use any of those social media sites either. My husband has a facebook account for work but not personally. My daughters have facebook. My youngest daughter loves TikTok and instagram.

Occasionally, I look at Pinterest for inspiration on a project.

I’m like you though, I don’t bother with the social media stuff.
(2)

JoAnn,

I see. It is always good to check to see that updates are current though.
(1)

Need help, I was not saying to update, I meant google may have done an automatic update.
(1)

cwillie is correct about linking multiple platforms. We apparently all (save me) have phones, computers, tablets, and they are all connected. I won't even do any online banking or sites due to information sharing platforms, and never link them.
(3)

JoAnn,
Good point about doing regular updates. Some people don’t bother or forget to do these.
(0)

Yes, Stacy got an email I did not send her. I sent that picture to my SIL via text on my phone. Stacy and I both use gmail. If the people effected are gmail this could be your problem. I clicked on my google photos app and found a folder named "Share". Seems you can set up with someone on your email contacts to share photos with. It does show I shared a picture with Stacy. I went to my settings and clicked on apps then clicked on photos. I found that photos was able to get into my contacts so I turned it off. I also turned off the ability to change my settings. I had to this on both my tablet and my phone. IMO its a Google thing if those effected use gmail. Maybe a feature that was just up-dated. Have no idea how this happened because Stacy is not in my contacts on either my tablet or phone. Just email contact.

I hope this solves the problem I had.
(2)

cw,

Oh, okay.

Creating your own playlist is good for exercising though. I do YouTube music when I cycle on my stationary bike. I’m not one to read or watch tv to exercise. I prefer music.
(1)

NHWM - after whining over on the exercise thread about my difficulty finding good workout music I was finally convinced to log into YouTube and create my own playlist. That's been wonderfully successful and fun BUT logging into one logs you into all so maintaining anonymity is like a never ending game of whack a mole.
(2)

cw,

I don’t log into everything all the time. I hardly ever log into google.

Are you saying it logs you in automatically?

The bank logs us out automatically if you forget to log out.

I don’t do the face recognition on my iPhone. I have heard funny stories about people who have issues with facial recognition at their jobs.

One woman couldn’t get into her office on the weekend because she wasn’t fixed up like she was during the week!

Another guy said he and his twin were always being confused as the same person.

I have heard other people say that if they changed their appearance in some way the facial recognition at their workplace would screw up.

Technology is fascinating but certainly isn’t perfect. I hear tech conversations all day long because my husband is an engineer and works from home four days a week. He goes into the office one day a week.

My husband and daughters do Apple Pay. I never use that either.
(2)

Something else I don't trust is the integration across multiple platforms that is supposed to make our lives easier - when I'm logged into my windows PC I'm also logged in to MS email and MS browser and when I log into YouTube I'm also logged in to Gmail and Google services, my debit or credit card is linked to every account held with that bank... we must constantly be readjusting the need to protect our privacy and the ability to use the available tech - IMO it makes us vulnerable AF.
(2)

Stacy,

I believe you because I had something bizarre happen with my email account once. This was many years ago.

I opened my email with my password and my daughter’s email popped up.

I was floored. Of course, I can’t prove anything either but I had a feeling that somehow it was her ex boyfriend that hacked both of our accounts.

I immediately told my daughter and we both changed our email addresses and passwords.
(1)

cw,

They claim that they question us for marketing purposes.

I was in line behind a guy at the store and the cashier asked for his phone number.

He was paying in cash and he refused to give his phone number. Then he asked, “Why do you need my phone number when I am paying with cash?”

She said it was marketing and they were instructed to ask everyone for their phone numbers.

At our gas stations we have to enter our zip code along with our credit card when paying at the pump. I entered the wrong zip code once and it wouldn’t allow me to proceed.

Everyone is collecting our data.
(2)

From the reports it's pretty obvious the site was hacked, there's no telling how much personal info like member's email addresses was compromised. People I know think I'm paranoid or just old fashioned to not fully trust new tech but my motto is to give as little information as possible to any person or business I deal with.
(3)

NHWM, you might have that notification turned off in your profile. I do receive notifications when I have received a message.
(3)

I've opted out of all the email cr@p too but don't the messages show up in your news feed?
(3)

AC is not at fault when we share our private email with others. We have to take the responsibility for that ourselves.

If things are stored in Google Cloud there are settings for that, and if stored in microsoft one drive's cloud I would imagine there are settings for that as well.

In our current world there is so very little that is truly private and a secret from others. A P.I. I know says that 99% of his work can now be done online. Fun fact.
(2)

Stacy,

Why was this sent to you? That’s weird.

Nothing is absolutely safe online. We all know that.
(3)

Glad,

What notifications? I never know if I have a private message until I go to the profile page.

Then again, I opted out of email messages or marketing. I don’t wish to receive any emails.
(4)

And yet you are still here Stacy. I'm more worried about all the information every business I've ever bought something from has stored on their servers... companies, hospitals and governments are being hit by ransomware every day.
(5)

Turns out not a problem. Thanks
(2)

I haven't had any new messages so who knows? But I'm still unable to delete the old ones.
(4)

Has anyone else noticed that you are not getting notifications when someone has sent you a PM? I have had one in my profile page for a week and did not know it was there. I then responded to that person a couple days ago and have not received a notification that she liked it which she usually does. Checked her profile page the message is not liked, maybe she didn't. But my bet is she doesn't know the message is there.

Maybe she didn't like it, that's ok too.📢📢📡📡📫📫📩📩😏😏
(3)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter