Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
So happy to see you!!
(2)

Hello everyone!
At the prodding of a good friend, I asked for help again from an admin last night, and
today I am back as Sendhelp.

NFD.
(6)

Time to pull My Profile out of the dust cupboard?
Nah, just someone reposting an old March 3 post for fun.
Attacker isn't back, for those hoping and bored with reshuffled questions.
Hope all have a good day.
My profile is back to normal. No more having to sign in each and every time. I think we are flying right!
(4)

Is it possible to change your username? Can't figure out how to do it.🤔
(1)

I'm in between cat naps. Just checking in. Hang in there, everyone. I think at some point, admin will fix it. OK, back to my busy, busy cat life. Catch you later :).
(2)

cw,

Exactly! Some things are not functioning regardless of what the settings are set at.

It happens all of the time in the tech world. Nothing new. It’s always going to happen somewhere at some point in time.
(3)

It's not that we don't understand how to use the site, it's that parts of the site are broken.
(6)

Jeffrey,

Yes, I have adjusted settings when needed.

Indeed, no matter what quirky things happen.

I haven’t checked about deleting anything today but I wasn’t able to do so awhile back. Nor were several other people on this site.

I am sort of like Alva and don’t really care what is in messages. Occasionally, I will delete them. Sometimes, someone will ask me to make their message private because they forgot to send it as a private message.

I did have a few crazy messages from someone who asked me to crash a funeral in my area. She suspected that the deceased was murdered. Geeeeeez! Needless to say, I didn’t crash the funeral.
(2)

Can we make messages private again? Everything was out of whack on mine and others? Couldn’t delete or make private.
(1)

@VENTING and just a word to all the wise:
Venting, I note that your own messaging is turned off, so this won't be a problem for you. That's something I am thinking of doing also. I think it is wise.

Think! Most of us really don't KNOW one another. We think we do, but we don't.

Unfortunately I have stories that would curl your toes about messages I have got bizarre false claims and lies:
"So and so said this and that about you; want me to send you screenshots???".
"So and so believes you are an admin". "another person".
and WORSE. I kid you not. Claims about who is what and what mole is actually WORKING for the site.
And I have learned of lies to others about me. I could go on, but won't. It has been a lesson in social media 101. I am kind of glad they are recorded for posterity.

This site, no matter we love it, is social media. And this IS a brave new world.
Watch who you talk to, who you share with, what you say, here or on any other social media. Watch who you share emails with. If you don't know someone personally then you don't know them.
And in general don't share things with people on media that you aren't ready to see on the big screen. Take a lesson from all the poor girls sending their boyfriends racey photos via smartphones.

This sounds like conspiracy theory. It sounds paranoid. And you are free to ignore my advice entirely. But I have learned this lesson the hard way.
Social media is what it is. We partake of our choice and our choice is to stay or go. Nothing you write on Social media will ever be "gone", no matter what magic button you press.

Just my opinion after a few very difficult lessons indeed. 80 years old and still so much to learn. And some I have learned right here!
(2)

Hi everyone, I know messages can be made private. BUT we forum people demand admin to fix the delete button. Please admin, fix it. And please put a warning on the profile page, that messages can't be deleted. Currently, offering the delete button, is false representation.

By the way, not allowing us to delete, DOES undermine privacy. Even if a message is private, it's on the internet. And you might want to, for whatever reason, delete it. It's your right to delete it.

See you later :).
I'm late for my cat nap.
(3)

A lot of us have gotten poison pen messages through the years, I would hate to have to be confronted with those whenever I visit my profile page

And yes we can disable messaging but IMO that shouldn't have to be necessary.
(4)

In the Messaging, one can take a public message and make it private by going to those 3 dots on the right top of the message.

Wish the Delete option would come back, otherwise my OCD will start to kick in. And this cat may start thinking outside of the box =^..^=
(6)

I haven't a clue, Venting. I don't really care if my messages are there or not.
Only AC can guess whether it can or will be fixed. The fact it hasn't been fixed says to me it may not be an easy fix.
We can all not send PMs, I guess, if it upsets us they are there. It isn't undermining privacy. If you send a private message to someone only they can see it (so far, hee hee heee).
You sent it, so I am assuming you want them to see it. If you send a public message, that is public, kind of like Facebook.

I would just tell anyone who posts anything anywhere on media that they should post it as tho they are telling the whole world. Because they may be.

I don't really think there is anything private much any more. Snowden let us know that many years ago. At the time I said "If we aren't marching on Washington with pitchforks now, we never will be." But truth is no one cared. They just said "I am not saying anything wrong on my phone so why do I care???"

It's a brave new world, isn't it

Like I said, I have ZERO idea if that message thing will ever change. I am just assuming it won't. I would tell anyone who is worried never to send another message to anyone private or public. Just in case. I mean, if you want that message never to be seen, that is.
(4)

I agree, if there is no intent to correct it the false option to delete needs to be removed.
(2)

Hi! Fellow-cat chiming in. I'm going back to my cat nap in a minute.

I quote you Alva:
"The deleting messages thing is ongoing for us all. It can't be undone, so I guess we will just have to live with messages showing for us. I think there isn't a fix for that one."

You think it's a permanent thing? You think they'll never fix it?
That's absurd, and even - deceiving (!) - on admin's part. If this really will NEVER be fixed, then they should make it very clear on every profile page, and warn everyone, that private messages cannot be deleted. People need to be warned, because this seriously undermines privacy. Some people private message each other very private matters, thinking it's possible to delete later.
(1)

The correct email if you need it ever is Ashley.Lett@aplaceformom.com. I had written her about Need's messaging disappearing.
As Jeffrey said below, when our "messages" thing goes a bit whacky, it is a matter of having to reset our account preferences ourselves when that glitch somehow occurs.

Guess I will muddle through that when it happens to me.
Ashley, when emailed has always been responsive and helpful. Hope we can save contacting her for the really crucial problems and maybe help one another through the current glitches as they come here on My Profile. This thread can help us let one another know when something is amuck on our account.

The deleting messages thing is ongoing for us all. It can't be undone, so I guess we will just have to live with messages showing for us. I think there isn't a fix for that one.
(2)

Meow joining my fellow 'catty' forum members 🐈
NH I'm so glad you're not invisible anymore. It was strange, very strange 😄
I can't delete PM's either but really didn't pay much attention to it.
(3)

Alva.

Success! Yay, got your private message.

Twilight zone? 😆
(3)

JP,

Thanks, will try it but at this point I’m not sure how much faith I have in this site. 🤣

Embrace being a cat! There are far worse things to be called, right?

Didn’t have to go to settings. I think that we have a connection with Twilight Zone, AgingCare ghosts or possibly magic! The leader of our cat herd, Alva just got through. Yay!
(1)

Need, I see now that you can be messaged.
Good. I will send though a "Hi" to prove it's working.

Jeffrey, so glad you are here! Do stay. If anyone can get us into order of some sort I would be on you. Especially if you add a couple of border collies. Speaking of which, my current foster dog is named Jeffrey!!!!
(2)

Alva,

I didn’t shut down my messages. Did you try just now?

You know that I adore your quirky sense of humor. I love the reference to cats.

Geeeez, maybe it’s still screwed up. Who knows?
(0)

Back to problems.
@NEEDHELPWITHMOM:
I got a private message from you telling me "guess who couldn't post all a.m.?"
I wanted to write you back to tell you I knew you were unable and so did everyone else and we were talking about it.
Then I went to return message you and I cannot return message you. It looks like you shut down your messaging. Now I know you did not I will write AshleyH@aplaceformom and let her know your profile is still messed up, that you can post and send messages but we cannot message you back.
YOU SHOULD WRITE HER AT THAT EMAIL as well until it is fixed. Let me know and I will try to send you a message when you think it might be back.

As to cats, it was a joke, but we are all so happily different in every way, yet so bonded together, that yeah, I do see us just as that commercial with the guys on horses trying to herd cats! Hee hee. I quite love the imagine.
(2)

I confirm, we are a herd of cats. Proud to be a member. By the way admin, it's still impossible to delete private messages; please fix it.

Now what was I up to? Oh yeah, it's time for my cat nap.
(5)

Jeffrey,

Lighten up a bit! I love cats 🐈‍⬛ 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛!
(3)

Alva,

I am giggling too! We love your stories.
(3)

Hi Jeff,
I DID giggle.
WE ARE like a herd of cats.
We have ALWAYS been a herd of cats.
But we can help. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was asking how long you have been here and how well you know us. Because we are like a mess of cats that simply cannot be herded.
I think that the My Profile (witness you and me) will not be the place. I DO think if the ADMINS created one profile that is labeled "Please report all techinical difficulties here WITHOUT discussion" if might work.
Hope I didn't offend you by calling us a herd of cats. It's how I see us; I doubt I will ever see us another way after about four years here.
(6)

NHWM 's posts are back now. Thank you, admin.
(2)

Definitely ghosts 👻🤣
(0)

I can see all of need's posts. She posted on Lea's thread 17 hours ago. If she doesn't show up posting today we will know something is wrong. She may have turned off private messaging. I am thinking seriously of doing so also.

If she doesn't show up today one of us needs to write that by email to AshleyH@aplaceformom because I don't really think anyone reads this thread much any more.

I sure would love to see one thread created by our admins in which we can report tech problems ONLY without discussing.
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter