Follow

But it is more complicated to him. Sell the MILs home, pay off her loans, then you have the finances to take care of her. At this point I don't even care if our son buys her home. Just get it SOLD! Then we will have to deal with the fall out of his other sibs. I feel like sh**, I am having more bad days than good, and I am feeling more resentful, towards all, and that is not right. I guess I really don't have a question, but I think, since the MIL is living here, and her other 2 kids are NOT involved in any way shape or form, her house should be sold, etc etc.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I wish they would ALL see and UNDERSTAND it that WAY! Frustrating is CORRECT!

THANK YOU!
(2)

Agree and agree.
(6)

U r right, if she has assets they should be sold at fair market value and all the money spent on her care.

Sibs won't be around to help with her care, you can guarantee they will be looking for their inheritance.

IT IS ALL HER MONEY AND ALL SHOULD BE USED TO GET HER THE BEST CARE SHE CAN AFFORD, NOBODY IS ENTITLED TO ANY MONEY FROM THEIR PARENTS AT THE EXPENSE OF THEM RECEIVING GOOD CARE IN THEIR DECLINING YEARS.

Yes, I intended for that to look like I had my voice raised. I get so frustrated reading how people want someone else to foot the bill so they can get an inheritance. The person (s) that have the money worked hard and saved so that they would be financially okay until they passed, this includes unforeseen illness and all.

Best of luck helping your MIL get the best care she can afford.
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter