Follow

At this moment I feel like someone has thrown me a Life Preserver to keep me from drowning. Do our profiles get shared? I have very quickly learned to copy answers that yell to me; "Yes, she knows how I feel, and what it is like.

I just found the "Topics" before I posted this! That should be one very good helper for my current need.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I am fairly new to this forum. It is a wonderful place to get advice and to vent. My husband has had dementia for the past five years, which has become much worse over the past few months. Life has become frustrating and overwhelming at times, but I have found advice and answers on this forum that have helped a great deal. Hugs to you.
(0)

I'm new here too, as of today. Thank you for asking this question, and hi fellow newbie. 🙋‍♀️There are some questions I'd like to ring on but can't, because the conversation has been closed.
(0)

Also what can be helpful when answering is to see if the OP (the original poster) has posted in the past. Often there’s a whole backstory of details from the past that’s insightful.

What is amazing about this forum is that it’s not unusual for someone to have been here back in 2016 with concerns and now back in 2021!
(1)

To answer one of your questions..
Yes we can see what is in your profile. (click on any persons name and you will be able to see their profile)
The more info you put in your profile can help with answers if there might be something you did not mention in a question.
You can send a message to someone. Click on the persons name and there is a box for a message. you can elect to make it a private message, no one other than that person will see it. Other messages anyone can see.
BarbBrooklyn has given you some great links.
And most important...There are no dumb questions. As for answers no one has the "perfect" answer. One thing will not work for everyone so the more responses the better.
Welcome!
(4)

Hi, Olmay. Welcome to the forum!

There is a post called "For the newbies" which contains lots of the abbreviations we tend to use:
https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/for-the-newbies-469771.htm?orderby=newest

There another older post:
https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/new-posters-read-this-460522.htm?orderby=recent

Read it from "oldest to newest". It gets confusing and a bit contentious at the end.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter