Follow

Everything we do it seems there is a specific glossary that is used. On this site there are numerous acronyms that are used that are confusing. We are not a secret society so let's try to help out the newcomers.

Here is a link to many terms and acronyms used on this site.

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/common-caregiving-abbreviations-and-acronyms-435589.htm

And welcome to AC!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
AC = adopted child
AM = adopting mother
(0)

Iamnale = I am not a lawyer either.
(2)

Ianal=I am not a lawyer

Ianyl=I am not YOIR lawyer: posted by folks who are lawyers.
(1)

Thanks for the help everyone is giving me it seams I am with the right group thanks again
(1)

Bump
(1)

QVC ?
HSN ?

🤣
(0)

Bump
(0)

Saw someone use QMB the other day.
Qualified Medicare Beneficiary
(0)

Just can't keep this list of acronyms a secret any longer.
(1)

Thank you! This online 'scene' is one of the nicest, and in every way purest and warmest ..ahem..'scenes' I have ever been a part of , on the internet.
And take my word for it, I draw this from a very diverse experience pool. Trust and believe=D

Also, who ever does this sites web marketing/SEO/ranking, or perhaps does NOT do any inorganic ranking manipulation, you are doing a great job!

I regularly am googling tons of complex legal matters and social matters related to my mom's care. And maybe every third search I do, has this forum come up in the top 10. And whatever ad revenue I see being likely generated, thank you for keeping it relevant! I hope the site pays for itself and then some.

*bows humbly*
(2)

MSM
Mainstream media

VD
Venereal Disease
Vascular Dementia
(1)

This post is a life-saver, for me, at least. I visit it often to find assorted different abbreviations I'm not familiar with. THANK YOU . . . AGAIN . . . for putting this together and sharing it with us. I would be totally lost without it.
(3)

Here is a link to many terms and acronyms used on this site.

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/common-caregiving-abbreviations-and-acronyms-435589.htm
(0)

Happy Monday! Vote tomorrow!
(1)

All this time I've been on this site and I finally know what a 'DH' and a 'DD' are. LOL
(2)

🙋😊
(1)

🐦
🍧
❄️
🎅
🍰
🐶
🐱
☔️
🌨

🌦
🥳️
(1)

Bump. Read this, Olmay!
(0)

Bump
(1)

Bump
(2)

Bump...
(2)

😃🐎🌾🐳
(2)

Send help, your reply made me think of JessieBelle who was such a positive force and help when I was new here. And sweet Ahmijoy! Hope they’re both doing well!
(4)

Thank you for the list! Total newbie about to rent mom an apartment where I live. Siblings don't help and I've driven 13,000 miles in 11 months. Tired! She has independence but needs companionship. Still does ADL but when alone too long she drifts into her own world. We're coming up on an official dementia diagnosis, but I don't feel she's ready for AL or MC. She can make it with companionship, me and some homecare. I'm actually rather excited to have her as a neighbor and wouldn't mind spending the night at her place a few nights a week if it is a few doors down. Why not let her wash her clothes or cook some? No gas stove for sure! Thank you all so much! There will be a time and a place for a facility. The one she moved to 8 months ago sucks (Brookdale!) and she is getting depressed and lonely. MY conscious won't let me keep her there and I'm actually thinking I might not ever want her in a facility. I like caring for her and eventually will need some help, I know.
(2)

Welcome Newbies!
Peruse the website so you can learn what's there, and be able to research your question. Use the magnifying glass icon, enter a search word.

Other features can be discovered. Scroll down all the way, and click on:
"About Aging Care", then click on TOP MEMBERS.

Here is an example of what you will find....

Top Members
The success of AgingCare is in the strength of our community. We are grateful to every member who has provided helpful answers, supportive comments and practical advice, and truly appreciate the words of wisdom of our most active and respected members.
Members : Answers: Helpful Votes:

BarbBrooklyn

17,927 49,109

Countrymouse

14,077 41,100

jeannegibbs

14,714 33,085

JoAnn29

16,737 31,192

freqflyer

14,825 25,352

cwillie

8,641 24,180

GardenArtist

12,167 21,889

AlvaDeer

6,353 18,837

pamstegma

13,377 18,071

lealonnie1

3,397 16,442

Isthisrealyreal

5,150 16,239

gladimhere

7,331 14,840

Grandma1954

4,594 14,534

JessieBelle

6,781 13,819

NeedHelpWithMom

5,270 13,521

Midkid58

3,640 12,565

Sunnygirl1

6,728 12,388

Ahmijoy

3,904 11,728

Geaton777

4,222 9,816

Llamalover47
9,124 9,675
(5)

🐊🐋🐠
(1)

🙀
(1)

Bump.
🥳️
🐦
🌧
🐔
🍰
🚴‍♀️
(1)

Whoops forgot
(2)

WOW, WOW! So needed!! Hopefully, every caregiving agency will see the need and include even a basic list of "need to know" words that we seasoned caregivers learned the hard way. It would make a great addition to the "Welcome Aboard" package they hand out to all new hires.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter