Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
3 4 5 6 7
I had no desire to watch that Tiger King show but our local zoo has/had 2 lions they received (legally) from Joe Exotic so I might just watch it after all.

I really wish Tv One or BET would start airing old espies odes of the 90s crime drama New York Undercover again. I loved that show as a teenager. I found a bootleg seller that has the series for $55 but I really don’t want to fork over that much money for a couple DVDs considering it’s all episodes recorded off the TV! But I’m getting desperate here LOL!

For now I am DVR’ing old episodes of the king of queens and hart to hart & watching them every night after the kids go to bed.

I introduced by 8 year old to the Back to The Future movies this week too! He loved the first 2 and is watching the 3rd now.
(2)

Lil,

Thanks. Will do that. Thanks for the reminder to do that. I appreciate it. 💗
(1)

NeedHelpWMom: no. Have you tried disk cleanup on your computer? and cleaning out the cache? Then reboot?  Sometimes that works for me when mine does weird stuff.
(1)

Is anyone having issues with autocorrect and not being able to edit it? So annoying! It misspells stuff. Then does not allow me to edit it or I edit it and it doesn’t correct it. Weird!
(1)

Dorker,

I want to see that. Thanks for reminding us.
(1)

I binge watched Tiger King's 7 episodes and highly recommend it.

From a standpoint of ... jeeze these people are all krazy nuts ...

I can't believe there are pockets of these fringe sorts, they live and breathe among us.

Show is a great distraction from all the Covid virus news.
(1)

I heard Tiger King on Netflix is really good.
(1)

Rainmom,

Yes, I love old architecture too. The designs and the use of top notch building materials are incredible. The southern antebellum homes are gorgeous. They were craftsmen.

Yes, the bungalows are charming. Their is a neighborhood in New Orleans that had California architects design their community’s really pretty bungalows. It’s a cool neighborhood.

I love all of the old homes and buildings. The old cathedrals are spectacular.
(1)

NeedsHelp - thanks for the compliment. Also, for the mention of the house in Hush, Hush.

Another nerd level obsession of mine - after films, is old houses. I especially love big, old, grand houses. The English manors and plantations of The South, especially. I’m also a super geek for the old Craftsman’s and bungalows - like what you’d find in Pasadena.

Anyhoo - when I have a minute to self-indulge I’m gonna google Houmas House.

The mention of the series Sabrina The Teenage Witch made me think of another old movie worth seeing - by the same name - partially -
Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and William Holden. And that movie reminds me to mention High Society- Grace Kelly and Fred Astaire... I think.
(3)

NeedHelpWMom, I love that movie Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte.  Bette Davis was great in that, as always.  Thanks for the news on that house!  Wow!  That's something I'd love to see.
(2)

Rainmom, I Love all those old movies!  Great picks.  I love catching any movies with Bette Davis, Cary Grant, Marilyn, and others.

I re-watched the sci fi, Knowing with Nicholas Cage, about the end of the world.  Timely ...

Then on to lighter ..The Simpsons, The Flintstones, Sabrina the Teenage Witch ...

And laugh with Tucker Carlson; he's got a great laugh for a news host.
(0)

I love the classics. The clothes back then were phenomenal. They were stars! They looked like movie stars. It was the ‘glamour’ era. So many old movies had gorgeous clothing.

How many of you saw, Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte? I saw it as a young girl. I have always been a huge Bette Davis fan. Do any of you know where that was filmed? I have been there!

It was filmed at Houmas House here in Louisiana. It’s a lovely Greek revival mansion in Ascension Parish which is about an hour away from New Orleans. So keep in mind if you visit New Orleans it is an easy ‘day trip’ to do.

Anyway, Bette Davis loved the home and southern hospitality so much that she left a beautiful parting gift for Houmas House. If you take their tour, you will see her gift to Houmas House, gorgeous silver Candelabras on the dining room table.

Lots of filming at Houmas House. They have that magnificent staircase.
(3)

News makes me upset watching old movies and re-runs of sitcoms
(1)

When I do catch up with our governor’s updates on our local television programming, I am pleased. He reports in a calm, sensible way. He isn’t an alarmist. I like that about him. He takes public safety seriously but I feel he is a well balanced individual.

More reporting should be done this way.
(2)

Peanutter,

I love Downton Abbey. I want to see Midwives too.
(2)

Rainmom.

I have seen all of those movies. Love them all! You have excellent taste.
(2)

I loved what Deborah Kerr wore in "An Affair To Remember". I vaguely recall one dress with a sheer but tasteful top.

We recently saw her in a movie of which the name escapes me. David Niven,Burt Lancaster and Rita Hayward were also in it. Takes place in an English seaside bed and breakfast type inn. Her role in that was completely different. She is a mousey type character. Her acting was wonderful. Everyone did a great job.

I liked your other choices. I didn't care for some of the other versions of "An Affair To Remember " although the wardrobes were memorable. Janet Gaynor wore the most amazing green velvet gown.
(1)

Since old movies are recently mentioned - I can’t resist my recommendations. Me being a amateur movie expert and all...

Imitation of Life with Lana Turner

Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly (if nothing else, to see the fabulous Edith Head wardrobe on Grace).

The Barefoot Contessa with Humphrey Bogart and Ava Gardner

Roman Holiday with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn

An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr (another one with stunning wardrobe - that dress and hat when they visit the grandmother is perfection. By Charles Le Maire).

Some Like it Hot with Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe

All About Eve with Bette Davis, Ann Baxter and Celeste Holmes

The Long, Hot Summer with too many fabulous actors to list but starting with Orson Wells, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward

Any one of these is time well spent when looking for diversion entertainment.
(3)

Movies are hard for my LO keep up with, he has Alzheimer’s . I have to try to explain as it goes along.He usually falls asleep.
An hour long show we both enjoy is survival shows. He was a Bow hunter. Me ? Growing up we were always out camping, fishing etc. Our favorite show is called Naked and Afraid. Another reality show is American Ninja Warriors. I can turn reruns on and he thinks it is a new show. We watch fox for the news.
I love the old black and white movies also!
God Bless all.
(2)

I quit watching almost all TV programming at least 10 or more years ago. It had becomeunbearably lewd, vulgar, and juvenile.I have heard it is even worse now. I collect wonderful DVD's of very old movies. I had recently purchased several for only $6 each. i had never ever viewed any of them. I have been enjoying very much Star Wittness with Walter Huston, dickie moore, and other immensly talented actors i had never heard of before. i also enjoyed Secret agent with the wonderful Kay frances and Leslie howard,Blue Gardenia with anne Baxter,The Secret garden with Margaret o'brian and other great entertainment of all kinds. I watch Fox News every 7 A m and local news every5 P M.Very rarely, I watch very very old movies on TCM.I also enoy watching Charles stanley, David jeremiah, Robert jefress, and John and Matt Hagee on TBN.I have shelves full of wonderful DVD's arranged alphabetically by title.I also love to read great literatureRecently, I reread Call of the Wild by jack London. I enjoyed it tremendously when i was 9 years old, and even more now that i am 86.How I wish good entertainment and good literature were being produced today.
(3)

I’m watching Downton Abbey On Amazon Prime after my husband goes to bed At 7:00 pm. I’ve watched Call the Midwives and Longmire on Netflix.
(1)

My niece just recently watched something on tv. A woman has two dogs and she came home to find a mess in one of the rooms and sat both of them down and asked "who did it", and the dog who apparently did it raised his paw. How precious!
(4)

Family and I will be watching Iheart Concert tonight. Fox is presenting the Iheart Living Room Concert for America. Looking forward to watching it tonight at 9pm.
(1)

All our normal tv shows.
(2)

Sunny,

Thanks for letting us know about Showtime. We only have basic cable. We do have Amazon and Netflix.
(1)

Sunnygirl - I’m so excited for you to watch The Affair!

I didn’t watch it when it was an active series but rather binge watched. It can drag a bit in the middle, as I find most of these types of premium channel series tend to do - with the exception of HBO’s The Leftovers, which was amazing every episode - but the final season of The Affair is so awesome it makes it all worth it!
(1)

Too many shows about murder. I want to bring back the British Comedies and have sports (when it returns) come back to public TV. Especially baseball.
(4)

Watching the free channel reruns from the 80s. It was a simpler time. "Cagney and Lacey" (still holds up)," Growing Pains", "Family Ties" and "In Plain Sight" (2008-2012).
(3)

If you have Spectrum cable, they are offering FREE Showtime for the next couple of weeks. I intend to watch The Affair and Homeland. I've recently gotten Amazon prime and have watched the series The Widow and a couple of episodes of Hunters.
(1)

My 600 pound life.  And if I keep eating, I will be on it next season.   GRRR I cannot take being confided to quarters.
(7)

3 4 5 6 7
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter