Follow

My Stepsister is doing this on facebook quite a bit, This helps her keep her from falling into a depression with the family situation we have going on right now and to focus on the good stuff in life. I thought with all of the crap that goes on in our lives with our sick relatives, I think maybe doing this thread will help people focus on the good stuff in life, maybe give some hope to some people who are struggling out there. Feel free to contribute to this thread!

One: I got a vacuum cleaner belt for my vacuum online today for 10% off today, plus free shipping.
Two: My favorite OTA channel is working again, after a couple days of pain in the rear transmitter maintenance.
Three: I get Wednesday off (Mom is going to her activities on Wed, meaning that I will not have to help her unpack on Wednesday. Very nice to get a day off)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
Great post and often used in therapy.

My good things:

I am caught up on laundry, except the sheets.

I baked for the first time in 2 months.

I saw an ultrasound photo of my first grandchild today. The baby will be here in March.
(10)

I'll bite.
I cooked a nice meal today. Don't usually do that.

I did the first part of cleaning my oven, been putting it off too long. It is with the baking soda paste method so it has to sit til in the a.m. then I finish.

My nice neighbor lady stopped by and we had a nice chat.
(4)

Tothil,

My happy moment was reading that you saw the ultrasound of your grandchild. How wonderful!

I don’t have grandchildren but I have a granddog. My daughter has the cutest little toy poodle that I watch for her sometimes. This little dog thinks he’s human. Hahaha

Is this your first grandchild?
(3)

i only have HOPE for today ;
HOPE for that phone call regarding arrests . im sure its going to happen ( the judge and detectives have no doubts as to what happened ) but i haveta say -- the wait is difficult .
my grandson doesnt know that i exist . that phone call will remedy that injustice .
(4)

Captain,

I am going to have hope with you if you don’t mind. Your situation breaks my heart. I have a feeling that you would be a phenomenal grandfather. Many hugs!

I admire your faith and hope and your desire for justice. So I am going to believe right along with you, okay? 💗 Transitional times are the hardest but one day, one very sweet day, it will happen. I believe it and I know you do too. When it does happen I sincerely hope that you will find peace. You deserve it.
(3)

very welcomed ( need help with mom ) .
freakin patience is a lot easier to proclaim that it is to implement .
(7)

Anonymous,

Please enjoy your upcoming Wednesday off since your mom will be busy with her activities. Please post what a great time you had. Do something fun!
(2)

Captain,

I am sure it is. I’ve waited for a lot of things in my lifetime and I wasn’t always patient either but the things I waited for even though they were important to me pale in comparison with what you are waiting for.

I wouldn’t dare insult you by pretending to understand how you feel. I can’t imagine and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Promise me you will let us know when your nightmare or living hell is over. My grandpa used to say that heaven and hell are right here on earth. You know what? He was right.

I absolutely adored my grandpa. I spent a lot of time with him growing up and he spoke many words of wisdom. I didn’t quite understand everything he said when I was younger but that’s okay, because he knew that one day I would. He planted seeds to grow, food for thought and his words often come to my mind now and they certainly live in my heart. I feel that’s the kind of grandfather you would be.

My grandpa was larger than life to me. He was the kind of guy that anywhere you went with him, everybody knew him. That was cool but what I especially remember from my earliest years until his death he always proudly introduced me to everyone he knew. I felt so special when I was with him. He was a kind and generous man. I don’t mean that in a materialistic way, although he did help others when he could, but generous with the gift of self, his heart, which is most important.
(4)

1) Got my amazon $5 gift card in my email today for doing a survey on phone service
2) My amazon order is shipping out today
3) So many people are responding to this post, this is very cool. I hope it's helping them. :)
(4)

Bought ink for printer & received $10 off coupon for next ink purchase

Had lunch in a restaurant with a friend who I hadn't seen in months

We had 1/2 inch of rain overnight! First rain since August. Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow!
(6)

1) Had lunch at very nice restaurant.
2) Dark Chocolate almond milk
3) Got my haircut, My head feels lighter.

Three extra things: 1) nice warm weather for october. 2) Saw an old friend today that I haven't seen in a long time. 3) A mean person that I used to work for is finally resigning because she got into trouble with the head honchos!

Have a great day everyone, Mary
(5)

i did one good thing today -- made a steel plate to drop my license plate 2 inches and mounted an LED light above it . i didnt usedta drive after dark but now i do ( in the am ) . most mornings i drive past a state cop sitting in his ' off highway ' hidey hole . hes probably already nicknamed me " mr no license plate light " . i hope he gets the sarcasm / humor in my snappy little light .
(3)

1) had Subway for lunch
2) Amazon order will be here tonight.
3) Getting the weekend off from unpacking.

Mary
(3)

I finally joined my local YMCA. Went for AOA water aerobics, expecting little old ladies waving their hands in the air. I will be lucky if I can walk tomorrow! There are a bunch of real badass seniors in that downtown Brooklyn pool! And a real boot camp instructor. Welcome to the new old age!
(9)

I bought a brand new set of cool crisp cotton sheets for my bed, 20% off. Yay! Love fresh sheets. The higher the thread count the better.

Took grand daughter to dinner, and a movie, and I think she enjoyed it (hope she did)

Came through a doc appt with good numbers .. all is well with my health, . thankful.
(5)

1. Had a good first experience with the cleaning service at my new condo. Very nice young woman.
2. Got a thank you gift from a favorite client. Candy.
3. Went to dinner with friends. Good time. Good food.
(5)

1. Tried Mucinex today - feel it is working :)
2. Got to the Y - walked the track, stretched - felt good.
3. Thankful to catch up with neighbors today.
(3)

Wonderful thread, Anonymous. Thanks for starting it.

1. I get a break from watching my mom tomorrow. My brother and my aunt will cover for me.

2. My older teenage daughter is getting better at social skills. She has always been a loner and prefers solitude, but she's beginning to enjoy conversing with a couple of people. For her and for me, that's huge.

3. I managed to get enough sleep that I was able to function without needing a nap.
(6)

1. Have a buyer for Mom's property (finally!). One more step to getting all of the estate stuff wrapped up, as it's been an ordeal.

2. Got groceries and washed and vacuumed out the car today.

3. Have a nice comfy blanket to wrap up in since we went from summer like temps to winter here overnight. Perfect excuse to wrap up and watch a good movie.
(5)

1) my parents are in town for the weekend. Today is moms birthday. I am very thankful for the wonderful friends she made working at the hospital. 8 of them got together & took mom out for lunch today and they had a wonderful time. I cried seeing the pictures on Facebook. The lady that posted them said “she was my boss and is now a life long friend”. Really makes me happy that they keep in touch with my mom even though she’s moved away and it’s been years since they all worked at the clinic. She really needed this day too, to be with her friends.

2)we went out to dinner for moms birthday tonight and had a good time. First time in years that we’ve gotten to spend her birthday with Her. However we walked out of the restaurant tonight and right in to the cameramen for a certain very popular TV show. I am SO GLAD taping was over for the night, whatever they were recording was done and over with & they were done recording for the night. I have absolutely no desire to be seen on TV hahaha!

3)husband is in a better mood and doesn’t seem to be giving me the silent treatment anymore!
(4)

my plan for the day is pretty meager . i hope to cut up a bunch of lumber scraps and fill up the kindling rack . while putting on a metal roof this summer i added two layers of r 13 insulation to the attic . i also installed an electric furnace this year . i dont want to hear that sucker blowing much but its sure nice for these times when lighting a morning or evening fire is more trouble than its worth .
(4)

also i MUST have a deep seated trust in the legal system because i spent thousands last year dolling up the inside of my home for the inevitabilty of ' nick ' . when he arrives hes going to find a couple of christmas gifts that were never realized and a warm winter hat that might be too small for him by then . then hes going to realize that his mother and grandmother havent been honest with him .
he would be justified in never taking them at their word again .
thats the way dishonesty works . your words become meaningless .
(3)

1) Playing bingo with the vets at the veteran's home today with my volunteer group
2) The snow we had yesterday didn't stick around afterwards. It all melted.
3) I slept pretty good last night, no waking up at 5:15 AM. Slept intil 6:30 AM.
(4)

Anonymous,

Our high temp in New Orleans today is 82.

Friend invited me to a Halloween party

Rode 30 minutes on my exercise bike

Sat outside and listened to the birds sing in my backyard 😊

I’m breaking the rules by adding one more thing listed to my three. It’s my birthday month. Birthday is coming up soon! I want a chocolate cake!
(4)

i get a little edgy on sundays . my ex will be spending time with jakes son and later telling everyone on FB what an awesome grandma she is . im not going to socialize with the suspects in my sons murder for any reason . the judge doesnt expect me to even tho he opened a door for me to do so .
(3)

1) We are going to get grief counseling. We get our first intake appointment on Monday. My father hasn't passed away yet but I think when the time comes, this will be helpful for us. 
2) My Vacuum cleaner belt came so I can start vacuuming the house again.
3) I fell in love with Oreo thins, the mint creme ones. Maybe this will be a staple in my house. 

It's not big things but small things and sometimes the smallest good things can make a big difference in your life.
(3)

1) I’m still alive and breathing
2) comfortable sweat pants
3) this post which helped me reflect and realize how much I’m hurting right now (instead of trying to block it out)
(6)

1. All of the boxes are unpacked. But still a lot of putting up to do.

2. Went to lunch with a couple of friends who have retired early. Trying to get a read on how women my age are liking early retirement.

3. Went shopping and picked up a few things for my condo.
(3)

UsedupDIL- I'm impressed that you unpacked all the boxes. I still got some boxes in the garage from my last move 8 years ago. Haha. I really need to donate or throw that stuff out. Obviously, I don't need them.

My 3 good things for today:

It's FRIDAY. My aunt will stay home and watch my mom so I only have to spend a couple of hours taking her out today.

I'm going to cook a new dish I saw on TV couple of days ago, a tortilla soup with flanken short ribs.

The kids and I got the Halloween decorations up in the front yard. Looks fun and festive not scary and ready for little trick or treaters.
(4)

i got out of work at 10 am because ( unbeknownst to me ) i was on the clock for the 3 days of extended driving .
comp time .
i just quit viasat internet because my local power company lit me up with high speed fiber . many customers of viasat complained that viasat grabbed 300 bucks from their checking even after they properly returned the leased equipment . my bank terminated my existing payment method so that doesnt happen . better luck next time -- buttholes -- .
great day at work . i was supposed to stock a big firewood shed for the weekend campers but i got sidetracked by fixing the poorly designed doors . enough firewood got stocked but the doors i fixed were a pet peeve of some damn key employees . a bit of dirty politics i would agree but nobody gets into a pissing contest with influential / key employees .
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter