Follow
Share
This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
had excellent luck switching both parents to Medicare advantage. they use the one by AARP in NJ. saves them about $5,000/ year in Medigap premiums. they are in pretty good health. you can check the networks beforehand to see if you like the doctors. they have received excellent care from their network doctors and hospitals.
Helpful Answer (0)
Report

If you plan to live in more than one location during the year such as a summer home then you will have higher copays. Original Medicare allows you to receive the same care anywhere. If you take medicines or plan to take certain meds as you age, compare costs for each. This includes any annual doctor visits that you usually make appointments for.
Helpful Answer (0)
Report

There are two main Medicare Options.
Original Medicare Part A covers hospital.
Original Medicare Part B pays 80% of drs, equipment and other outpatient expenses, a Medicare Gap plan is used to help pay the other 20%. You can choose your own doctors among those who accept Medicare.

Medicare Advantage is an alternative to original Medicare. You are required to use networked drs and facilities.

You don’t use a medigap plan with Medicare Advantage.

Medigap is a supplement to Original Medicare.
Helpful Answer (4)
Report

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.