We would like to keep our mother in her home with her pets, she has macular degeneration and does so much better in her familiar surroundings. Currently, family member living with her but they are moving. We would like to find an other "senior" in need to be a live-in companion and help her with daily activity. This could benefit both parties financially and emotionally any suggestion on where and how to start looking would be appreciated.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Here in suburban Chicago, I'd probably start with a quick call to several local hospitals' social services departments and see where those conversations took me. You might ask at local churches and senior centers to try to get the word out. Another thought would be the discharge managers at local nursing homes. Many of their rehab patients who are discharged have needs at home.

A professional service is going to be very expensive, as you probably already know. However, moving in another senior has its drawbacks as well.

It's so hard. We try to do what we think is the best for our loved one, but we can't always swing it.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter