Rehab center says she is incapacitated, but we believe finding was to protect them from her concern of one incident of bad treatment.

She is not a prisoner. She doesn't have to stay in that rehab. She can be transferred. Is she competent mind wise? Then she can ask to see her own doctor. Make an appointment. There are transport companies you just may have to pay out of pocket if you can't do it. Get the Ombudsman involved. This is her right.

If you can set up care in the home, then they cannot force her to stay. She can be discharged against medical advice. We had another post regarding this. Medicare and insurance companies will pay for the care she was given.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter