I have cared for my mom for several years. My son is now her primary care aide I'm secondary. We have never charged her the whole co pay. I never took payment from her. Utter we both have to remit pure hours to a p/r agency. I'm not sure how to file my taxes.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
I, too, am confused.

What copay? What is the "whole copay" that mom, evidently, should be paying.

Are you being paid to care for her? Are you and/or son providing medically necessary care?

Sounds like a consult with an elder law attorney is a good idea to determine if mom is now your dependent.
Helpful Answer (1)

Could you provide a few more details? I’m a little confused by what you wrote. What is the co-pay for? I’m only aware of an insurance co-pay for medications or health care. I’m also not certain what you mean by primary care aide. Do you mean POA? And what is a “p/t” agency. Are you an employee of this agency?

In any case, it would probably be in your best interests to see an accountant or a professional tax preparer who can give you advice based on your specific situation.
Helpful Answer (0)
Ahmijoy, she has p/r agency, sounds like payroll agency.
This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter