Find Care & Housing
Take a look at IRS Publication 926 Household Employer's Tax Guide
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to CarlaCB

My understanding is that you have to be operating a trade or business to claim expenses on 1099-Misc.  This from the IRS website:

"If you pay independent contractors, you may have to file Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, to report payments for services performed for your trade or business. If the following four conditions are met, you must generally report a payment as nonemployee compensation.

You made the payment to someone who is not your employee;
You made the payment for services in the course of your trade or business (including government agencies and nonprofit organizations);
You made the payment to an individual, partnership, estate, or in some cases, a corporation; and
You made payments to the payee of at least $600 during the year"
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to CarlaCB

The deadline to send out 1099's was January 31st.

Due to violations of labor law and IRS regulations, you will not get accurate information on this site. Consult a professional for guidance.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to tacy022

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter