Mom has been crying, moaning and groaning all day. Any suggestions on what to do?

80 years old and bedbound. No pain. She's just been crying and calling for her mother all day and feeling sorry for herself. I feel she may have a touch of dementia but that hasn't been diagnosed. Nothing I'm trying works, including medication, talking to her (she has a hard time speaking now), sitting next to her and ignoring it, asking her to stop, speaking patiently with her. Nothing. I'm very frazzled and drained from spending the day around her. The only times she seems normal these days is when she's asleep.

44

Answers

1 2 3 4 5
Call his Dr,,describe what's going on,,tell them you want him admitted to hospital,,TONITE,,for an evaluation,,have them sedate him,,,they can go for days with no sleep,,which makes it worse for them and the caregiver

if you read back a bit, his mum passed.

Call his Dr and describe what's going on,,tell them to admit for evaluation,TONITE

yeah, i would say call her doctor, she may be in pain. that or, i hate to say, shes seeing the light of the other side. prepare for that just in case.

he has been looney tunes for two days. does not comprent anything i say- got a bath tonight after two weeks. barrly walking. moning and groning all day-driving me up the wall-I am so tried-has eaten 4 times today-constant in the kitchen and eating what ever is on the table-wonders around the house all night long-does not sleep-help

Jacques,
What a wonderful gift you were to your Mother. I had a therapist once tell me that humans really are amazing because we choose to love even when we know our loved ones may die before us and that we will, ultimately , be in pain. I don't know why I just thought of that except that you are now enduring that pain. And it is just horrible but it is universal and it will get better. It has to get better--humans would never be able to choose to love in the first place if it didn't.

Try and take it day by day, hour by hour. Let yourself grieve but try and get some sunshine and a little exercise everyday. Surround yourself with friends and family and maybe find a support group in real life(I mean, you got us here! --but maybe a real one would be a good addition)

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please stay in touch here if you can. Let us know how you are doing. We all care. (((hugs)))

sorry link was there but it mite be a lil touchy for ya still it is a song of inspiration yet sadness.....if you wish to you can google it!

praying for your family and your strength this morning and thru this entire grieving process you now face. (((HUGZ)))

well I was thinking I have been listening to this over n over (My Last Days: Zach Sobiech "Clouds" Celebrity Music Video)....If you are a fan of music..it may give you some comfort it is such a inspiration, sorta get out of your own head for a while..its been working for me..maybe you can think of Mom as "Up Up Up in the clouds because the view's a little nicer."

A suggestion might be to spend some time writing a biography of her. You could be living with her in memory while getting used to the loss of her physical being. I don't know if it would help.

Jaques, just maybe try to breathe is all I can say, one moment at a time. I feel for you but just a fraction, I recall the first nite mom ever spent in the hospital, I got up without even a thought n headed to the room, only when I got there did I realize she wasn't there. It is the strangest feeling as I think not only the loss as you say the disruption of a comfortable loving labor of love routine...we all need routine..it could be bluntly translated to being fired from your job but emotionally fired for lack of a better analogy. I fear the day I have to walk in your shoes. I cant even imagine the void!
Mom n I, will pray for your strength!!

1 2 3 4 5