My Mom (86) with dementia lives with me and thinks that TV is real. Any TV show recommendations?

What are some other TV shows like Full House and Brady Bunch? She believes the people can see her and hear her. She will only watch the same show all day and night (which I buy on DVDs) until eventually I can not stand it any more and I switch her to another show. There are SOOOO few she will accept though. She loves Full House because of the baby in it. Little House on the Prarie has too much drama. I have tried Family Affair, Waltons, Wonder Years, Golden Girls (which she loved years ago but not now), and I can't even think of what else....Gilligan's Island..... None of them have babies though and I think the baby is the hook with her. Are there any other shows anyone can think of that have a baby or babies in it? Shows like Baby Daddy are too much of "adult humor" for her.

32

Answers

1 2 3 4
Animal planet has nonstop animal shows. Who doesn't love baby animals and funny dog videos??

I'm 62 and will be heading for senior housing soon. I gave the current complex I live in quite a fright because I was watching a scary movie on TV, a Dracula movie, that had a bat on it, and the bat looked like it was going to fly out of my TV set and into my living room! I screamed, and we had the police come by; I just very nicely told them I was watching a scary movie on TV.

Teletubbies lol

Bewitched, maybe? Full House? I think that there are videos of babies only, and I know there are videos for children with puppies and kittens.

Google "thisblewmymind" just found it mtself some unbelievable videos out there!

Muppets or Sesame Street maybe?

Caililou on PBS is a good show for mom as is "Thomas and friends" on PBS

I thought " touched by an Angel" positive story lines --- but mom says she doesn't like stories that make her think of dying...Angels = dying to her... to me it seems comforting to her scary...

Hey I discovered the Beethoven Movies...although mom found the first one a little scary because of the guy testing drug reactions on the dogs (boy is that a sore subject with seniors - as they often feel that drs. are just testing meds on them)...but the slap stick stuff and cute dogs and kids made them a hit and Mom actually stayed awake to find out what happened...so she could follow the story line....Yeah!

Do you have or can you get Netflix? They actually have a ton of children's shows both animated and not. Some of the cartoons (like 'Oscar's Oasis from France) have no dialogue and are similar to the 'Roadrunner". Before my Mom died this past Jan., she used to watch many children's movies and cartoons, now my granddaughter does. Some good ones are 'Yakari' (about a native american boy who can talk to animals) and children's Tv series. It's relatively cheap per month and would have great options for you and her. Blessings, Lindaz.

1 2 3 4