They're not working good-- will of steel. colitis, 10 yrs hiBP, CDF for 6 yrs. She has an appointment with another dr in Nov. with a plethora of tests beforehand.
- she won't tell me - she's always been steadfast and determined ... a former RN... and doesn't take kindly to accepting help from me
- I've heard it said if one can "control" one's final days/exiting point, that caregivers have to accept that - I'm her only kid & the only of course caregiver
- if she heard me referring to myself as one, she'd hit the roof :)
Her family dr's office won't tell me anything. Mom's a 30+ year patient & I've learned painfully over the decades her dr sucks to deal with.
- I'm in this alone
- of course from the online research I've done there's only 2 treatments for the kidneys... mindful of the net & whoknows.. but neither dialysis or organ replacement is an option I'm sure at her age I don't know
- she voids 3 and now 4X/night - yes she's comforted that she wakes up to go
- her bowels are playing some havoc with her
God's graces she's been mobile for this long. I'm not asking anyone to play God here but can anyone please tell me as its tearing me apart inside and its a long 3 wks til the "kidney" appointment...
- it sounds inevitable, but do I begin really prepping for the end of life stuff?
- I know I should be there already... have been building the "folder" slowly
- I guess safe to say here that its been ftime+ hours these past 6 yrs trying to keep her happy and content... still trying lol
Thank you for any replies.