Do most men with Alzheimer's still want to try to have sex even though they are unable to?

3

Answers

I'm not sure it's so much a question of sex drive as it is a question of Alzheimer's causing a loss of social filters. Maybe a little bit of both.

However, I know an elderly couple. He's had a stroke and she's a young 81. He still approaches her to have sex and she's told him no way. No more! She's done!

My mother talks about having sex with her gentleman friend who she visits once a week. It is sometimes part of the disease. She was not this way in the past. We just limit her visits, keep her supervised, and keep her visits in a private corner and short in duration. There is no learning here to chastise.

Bobbi, I came across another question similar to your question, where there were 14 answers from the writers. Hopefully this will help.

https://www.agingcare.com/questions/husband-has-alzheimers-and-continually-wants-sex-188762.htm