My wife is worried about her incontinence. Any suggestions?

Hello all,
My wife is suffering from incontinence for the last 2 years. She is really worried about her condition because we are staying alone and I used to clean up the room every day. I used to clean the room and the mattress regularly. In order to prevent odor, I use the vinegar solution. Due to the regular use of vinegar, our floor and the mattress has vinegar stains. She dislikes the smell of vinegar and is worried about making the room unclean. How can I remove the vinegar stains from the mattress and floor?? It will be really helpful If you suggest few tips based on your cleaning experience. Also, I would like to know if there is any technique to prevent bed wetting. I thought of getting her a diaper, but she once used it and told that she's not feeling comfortable with it. So what shall I do to make her feel better?? Is there any effective treatment that can help her recover from this situation?? Any suggestions regarding this are greatly welcomed.

20

Answers

Also, I have found that I hate Lysol. I use cans of room scents sold at Bath & Body Works or Yankee Candle, Home Goods. Very effective odor elimination!

The med that you can get that scanner2971 mentioned is called Vesacare.

And after having a super embarrassing accident at the ER after they gave me a medication, I lost bowel function so I bought myself the next product up from a feminine pads an adult diaper. Good to have on hand and nothing to shy away from! She'll see that she'll gravitate towards them!

I'll share a funny story to make you feel better and it's 100% true. When I was about 62 (I just turned 70 in January), I started having some running to the bathroom anywhere-out and about, at a restaurant, problems, etc. My late mother who was still alive at the time said to me "why don't you get some feminine pads for yourself?" I did and have been using them ever since! My elderly mother was smarter than I was! She had been through with some mighty embarrassing accidents. Let me tell you it's far better to have that security than to have someone wonder what that wet spot is dripping down your leg.

I used pet liquid deoderant in a bottle from pet store when mom nearly ruin a new mattress - no smell after 4+ years - just wet the mattress where stains are & let air dry a few hours

When I was nursing my 3rd child he would spit up enough to soak the bed & I really hate changing sheets at 3:00 A.M. - so we started do as they do in hospitals here - so take another sheet [flannelette is best] fold in 3 lengthwise then place across the bed parallel to the pillows from the pillows down & it should go to about the knee area - tuck in well - so with use of pad & sheet you may actually only need to change that instead of whole bed each day - hope this helps

I don't have any suggestions for the underwear, but I did deal with incontinent dogs for years. Waterproof mattress pads will be your best bet for easy clean up. And a product called Nature's Miracle, that is the pet product that has enzymes to help eliminate the odor. It comes in regular and extra strength. The smell won't be completely gone until it dries so be patient. You can buy it as an add-on purchase on Amazon.

I used to use the waterproof pads on top of my bed (I would cut off the sides) to protect my bedding, and a pad on the mattress also.

Worrying about incontinence doesn't help. Get pads and wear them.

Also if femine pads are needed

Also certain meds are avaiable

I tried lysol at first on the carpet with my mother....she hated it...started using a more pleasant fragance....She likes it better, but, of course this was after cleaning with carpet/upholstery cleaner.