How do I develop a positive attitude?

I sure could use it right now. Stressed out from mom. Now it's supposed to snow again Tuesday. My husband is supposed to drive 40 minutes away in early morning. Something more to be stressed about.

Barbara

25

Answers

1 2 3
Captain my hubby loves heavy metal. He watched "Live at Wacken" His sister was a groupie and used to date (I use the word date loosely) one of the members of Judas Priest. I've heard all that stuff. Lemmy, the Scorpions, Nazareth,Ironmaiden, and on it goes.

I prefer soft rock myself. I know that "Love grows where my Rosemary Goes" My sis used to play that song.

lol Not your thing, huh? lol Well, it takes all kinds. I have a wide variety of tastes.

Zeppelin is my very favorite, (In the Evening and Ramble On are two of my favorites) but I do have a claim to fame with the Scorpions. I met the band as they were having dinner at a restaurant in Raleigh, NC many years ago. Their song Rock You Like A Hurricane is the theme song for the Carolina Hurricanes!
Nice guys.

I think that any music that you love can lift your spirits.

that was so bad - tasteful that i had to kick on 2 hours of the scorpions to " fix " it .
my brain is that fragile . you got me going in a direction that could destroy me .
green day , screen door , whatever , it sucked ..

horrible , too bluesey . i like metal ..

ill go listen to the rem song because im that trusting . if it blows , youll be hearing back from me . ( shaking fist )

I try not to be stressed out. I think I might be more successful if it wasn't for all the times that I get hit with bad news or some new complication in life every time that I think I'm getting a handle on things.

How come some people seem to sail thru and others have the opposite. lol I know. It just seems that way. Everyone hurts. Sometimes, I listen to that song Everybody Hurts by REM. We just hang on though, because we have to believe things will get better.

I find that listening to music can make me feel better. There are a lot of music videos out there that can help with stress and give encouragement. One song that always puts a smile on my face is Love Grows (Where my Rosemary goes) by Edison Lighthouse. It's on u tube.

Captain we all know that there is a big heart beating underneath all your sharp edges.
Your son obviously knows that too.

its all good tho . when mom died and i hooked up with edna i hung out and cared for her with a downright smug degree of confidence . i enjoyed wonderful relations with the medical establishment because i was experienced in a way that they only learned about in books . ive done a lot of crap in my life but caregiving has been the most rewarding ( and difficult ) . my youngest son told me last week that altho hes absorbed with his own life and family , hed knock the door down the moment i need him . i know that and have never doubted it .
what you tell your kids dont mean s*it , its what you show them that matters .
he hinted that hes not happy with the futility of paying rent . ill probably end up back in my bunker with the young family overhead like id envisioned 15 yrs ago when we were building the house . seeing 20 yrs into the future has its benefits but when you can do that , the world moves excruciatingly slow .

French fries are really bad for you.

Oh, and now I am POSITIVELY sure the vitamins are helpful.

1 2 3