Brookdale, charges for meals taken to rooms, extra assistance other than whats in a care plan, supplying things that family members are supposed to provide, but fail to. I would definately talk with someone and find out what the charges relate to, it could be that they are not overcharging, but simply charging appropriately for what they are doing. They are expensive, so check it out.

You should get a monthly rundown of expenses. Go to the financial department of the facility and ask them about the charges. I know they can be excessive and there can be computer errors. My MIL was once charged for 5 large bottles of stool softener in one month. Go to the financial department and ask them for an explanation.

You might ask for an itemization of supplies.
My mom is not in that community but if I forget to provide personal care items then sh gets charged at their rates. A $3.50 box of vynal gloves will be charged at a rate of $8. Presumably someone has to go out and purchase them.

Sometimes residents go out on excursions for which meals or admission is charged.

Llook over the contract or any recent letter of an increase since the rent should not change, but extras will be billed
hydrangealover Sep 24, 2018
I am talking about a $8000.00 amount they 'helped' themselves to after she left the facility....my sister arranged for automatic withdrawal and they did this without my knowing. I provided EVERYTHING she needed....including prescriptions delivered from Walgreens, EVERYTHING!!!
(0)
Dont you have a contract? Thought the prices and extras are in writing. You are finding things not in the contract or not billed properly? Sounds like fraud. Might need to run that by an attorney.

If they "helped" themselves that just could be an error by the billing department. If they were not told that Mom was no longer living at the facility, then the auto withdrawl would not have stopped. At Moms AL billing was done offsite. You need to talk to the Administrator.