My Dad is currently in a rehab center, since September--due to a fall and broken leg. He is completely incontinent and they put his urine soaked shorts into a plastic bag and saved them for me. Not realizing that it wouldn't come "clean," I washed ALL of his dirty laundry together...and didn't notice until AFTER they were already dry, but the smell transferred to ALL OF HIS LAUNDRY!!! Please HELP...I can't afford to replace all of these clothes!!!

I googled it. Supposedly vinegar added to the wash helps. I've done this before when washing dog bed covers. Also it says adding baking soda to the laundry helps. (I don't think you can add them both together).

I also saw a product called Arm & Hammer Odor Busterz Balls that are specifically for this purpose.

Saw this on a website - Vinegar and Laundry Detergent. To treat urine-soaked clothes, first run them through the washing machine, using cold water, with 1 cup of white vinegar and no detergent. Then run the load again, this time using the customary amount of laundry detergent and whichever temperature the color calls for.

Google - Remove urine smell from clothes, and you will get a lot of info.
Reply to XenaJada

Hi!
My favorite product is odoban. They have it at home depot and Sams club. Or Amazon. For about $10 for a gallon of concentrate. You add it to the wash (about a cup) and it takes care of a ton of seriously terrible smells!
Hope this helps.
Sparkles ✨
Reply to sparkles87

There is also a product at Lowe's or home depot called Folex. It is for dog and cat but I bet it would work.
Reply to Segoline