My mother passed away in March. I have been trying to donate a hospital bed, but have had no takers. I called the county Department of Aging, the Salvation Army, Goodwill, hospice care, and other charities. I put the bed on Facebook Marketplace and had no interest. I really thought that there would be an interest in a good hospital bed. I checked Craig's List and eBay and they also sell and ship hospital beds. I would prefer for the interested person to pick up the bed. Has anyone had any experience with donating a hospital bed?

BAVDA, ask local homeless shelter, nursing home, hospital, board n care.

salvation army, etc
Reply to MAYDAY

THIS IS A QUESTION FROM 2019

LIST IN LOCAL NEWSPAPER. FREE GREAT CONDITION. PLEASE PICK UP AND TAKE IT AWAY.
Reply to MAYDAY

Hi,

I am in Southwest Houston, TX with a used medical bed (has remote up/down) that I want to give away for free with mattress. If anyone is interested, please feel free to reach out to me.
Thank you and take care!
Reply to BAVDA1

This post was started over a year ago.
It is starting to look a bit like a Craig's List.
Maybe it is time to archive this......
Reply to Grandma1954

I have a Delta™ Ultra- Light 1000, Semi-Electric Bed and Gravity 7 mattress (never been used) that I would give to anyone who has a need. I'm located in Astoria, NY and if you're willing to pick it up, send me a message.
Reply to alokon

I also have a hospital bed, wheel chair, and hoya lift in good condition I would like to donate.
I am located in brooklyn. N. Y.
Reply to Olivia61

I'm looking for hospital bed for a friend of mine who has a sister in Late Stage of Alzheimer. They live in Brooklyn NY.
Reply to Jcrojas
DanaMRoth Jun 25, 2020
I live in Brooklyn and have a hospital bed I need to get rid of!!!! Message me.
(0)
just the bed, not the mattress, right? Have you tried placing an ad in your local Craigslist - free stuff, Must pickup.. Or try NEXTDOOR. your local neighborhood internet site.

Assisted living facilities. Nursing homes, call them and ask if you could place a good old fashioned ad on their bulletin board.
Reply to MAYDAY

I have the same problem. Does anyone know who or where accept hospital bed.
Reply to ayny25

Not sure why the admins don’t lock this thread? Are we supposed to be using the forum like Craigslist?
Reply to worriedinCali
MAYDAY Jun 21, 2020
Original date.. MAY 2019.. oh well.. It looks like more people need to know how to either donate or get medical beds. So, it may not be all that bad of an issue to keep it current.
(0)
Hi I am looking for a hospital bed I have very bad asthma that when I'm sleeping upright am better than sleeping in a normal bed if anybody can help
Reply to Callycairns
Generousgranny Apr 28, 2020
Good morning I have a hospital bed that I am trying to get rid of it is electric almost new if interested please get back to me thank you
(1)
At Elmhurst Queens, we have a twin size hospital bed with rails and bar to pull one self up. Along with wheelchair & commode. All gently used. For pick up at the apartment, all for free, please contact me ASAP, thank you.
Reply to Massey
alwilliams528 Mar 23, 2020
Do you still have this bed available?
(0)
I was able to donate my mom's walker and raised toilet seat to the assisted living center where she lived after she moved to long term care. Later, I donated other items including a wheelchair, rollator, and power recliner to a friend whose daughter owns a residential care home. She was also interested in much of my mom's furniture, kitchen appliances, etc.
Reply to emanes

Let Go App in NY Long Island area . Bed went to a patient very rapidly.
Reply to sahmed

This is an old thread. Disregard it.
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom

I live in Chicago, and Also have a Hospital Bed my mother passed away in the Hospital.
Reply to Nicky2430

Where are you located I'm in dire need of a hospital bed and can not afford one.
Reply to Brendairvin1
HopeBL Jan 12, 2020
Dear Brendairvin,
I am in Bucks County PA. I have an electric hospital bed 8 months old.
(0)
There is an app called "letgo". It worked in Long Island, New York area. Many people ask and some needy person came for the hospital bed.
Reply to sahmed

demtress posted on December 12, 2019 that someone came and picked up the bed. There is no need to keep posting on this particular thread and as WorriedinCali (thank you) has said, the thread should be closed.
Reply to Llamalover47

This thread should be locked to further replies. The OP hasn’t been back in 6+ months and there are people offering beds if you can come pick them up—which isn’t safe at all.
Reply to worriedinCali
anonymous1000375 Jan 4, 2020
I promise you I’m just trying to give my grandmothers medical bed to someone that could use it no strings attached. When you don’t need it anymore you have no idea how hard it is to just give it away. Let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns.
(1)
I have a gently used medical bed that is located in Montrose California if you can pick it up it’s yours.
Reply to anonymous1000375

This post was from May of last year. I am sure the bed is gone.
Any one needing a bed your doctor could probably write an order for one and most insurance will cover DME (durable medical equipment)
Reply to Grandma1954

In the Syracuse NY area we have Winds of Agape and Restart, for example. The first helps immigrants. The second helps those generally in need of furniture, kitchen items
They took bed parts, clean mattresses, too. One was going to a veteran coming home from the hospital.
Reply to MyThreeSons

Hello. Do you still have the bed? Where are you located? My Dad fell this past week. Needs one asap. Thank you.
Reply to Rbanakos
anonymous1000375 Jan 4, 2020
(0)
I have a friend that needs bed ASAP. Where are you located?
Reply to Vivian63
Spotless210 Dec 30, 2019
I have a hospital bed where are you located
(0)
First no one will take the mattress.
Check your local senior center or nurses lending closet.
You could also drop it off at a donation site. Salvation Army, Savers, Goodwill..
Worst case put it out on garbage day and a metal scrapper will take it and sell it for the value of the metal.
Reply to Grandma1954

I'm very surprised CL or FB Marketplace provided no takers. Did you offer it for FREE? People normally jump all over free stuff. There is also a website called Freecycle. Also, contact local nursing homes to see if they have a need. My aunt donated a very nice Hill-Rom motorized bed to a NH near my parents with the understanding that if any of her relatives (who all lived near that NH) were patients there, they would get dibs on the bed as it was fully motorized and much nicer than the other beds there. Sure enough, my grandmother ended up in that NH 2 years later and she got the bed, which was great because she was an invalid and needed it.

Also contact some of the larger churches in your area and find out if they have a ministry which provides this type of thing to needy and aging members.
Reply to XenaJada

I had one that I used after I had a stroke in 2013. I tried for 3 years to find anyone who would accept it as a donation. Someone finally told me that no one would take it because Medicare & Medicaid would buy a new one for anyone who needed one. Ridiculous, right?

So I finally gave up, took it apart, and had a neighbor haul it away & sell it for recycle metal. Good news was, I was able to take it apart in about 2 hours, using only a socket wrench & a pair of pinch nose pliers (to pull the springs off the bottom).

If you have a Lion's Club in your area, they'd take it, but all the clubs within 50 miles of me that I checked had closed. Try clubs like that. Otherwise, scrap it.
Reply to Ojosdegatos
demstress Dec 12, 2019
After months of calling different organizations, I finally received a response for the bed. My daughter posted the bed on an online yard sale group and we connected with someone whose father needed a hospital bed. Initially, I wanted to sell the bed but no one was interested. Then I said I would donate the bed and called so many organizations and the department of aging, none of which were interested. I don't understand why because the bed was in excellent condition. It turned out the family of the person who needed the bed came to my house and took the bed in their truck. I am glad that someone in need could use the bed.
(2)
I'm having the same problem. It's an amazing electric bed and more than anything I want to donate it to someone who needs it. I live in Redlands CA. Did you have any luck ?
Reply to ayewhynot62
Ojosdegatos Dec 10, 2019
Try Lions Club, VFW, e.t.c. They are the only ones I know that accept them for sure. But in my area I couldn't find any open clubs so I finally scraped mine.
(0)
Many places would take the frame but they can not take the mattress.
Check your village they may have a "Nurses Lending Closet" or there are some places that will take furniture and will pick it up but again they will not take the mattress.
Local Senior center might know of someone that could use it.

Hate to say it but many people get the hospital bed through Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice so there is not much need for a hospital bed.
The mattress, put with the garbage for pick up
And if you really can not get anyone to take the frame a scrapper will take it and sell t for the metal.
Reply to Grandma1954
Ojosdegatos Dec 10, 2019
Not in my area (DC). I tried for 3 years and finally had a neighbor haul it off & scrap it. Sad.
(0)