My mother passed away in March. I have been trying to donate a hospital bed, but have had no takers. I called the county Department of Aging, the Salvation Army, Goodwill, hospice care, and other charities. I put the bed on Facebook Marketplace and had no interest. I really thought that there would be an interest in a good hospital bed. I checked Craig's List and eBay and they also sell and ship hospital beds. I would prefer for the interested person to pick up the bed. Has anyone had any experience with donating a hospital bed?

1 2 3
I have an electric bed available for free in Collegeville, PA. Please feel free to let me know when you can come pick it up as I do not have a vehicle I can deliver it in.
Reply to Sharleen56

I also have a brand new electric hospital bed available in Washington Crossing, Pa
Reply to AndreaD

I have an electric hospital bed in the Salt Lake City area if anyone is interested please contact me 8018370502
Reply to Dmayla

I also have a hospital bed to donate to anyone near Sacramento, CA. I live in Davis and don't have a vehicle that can transport it. I'll be taking it to the landfill later this month but would rather it get to someone who needs one
Reply to ArthurFrane

I have a medical bed I purchased for my Dad and I would love to donate it. He passed away yesterday and it breaks my heart to see the bed empty in his room so it is free to whoever can pick it up. Please let me know. I live in Marina CA 93933
Reply to dmoamin

I've got one in the Portland, Oregon area I would love to give away.
Reply to Babs75

I have a used full electric Bariatric hospital bed 42"W in new condition with Mattress & Rails in Brooklyn, NY. My father used it for less than a month. You can have it for free.

make / manufacturer: Drive medical
model name / number: 15300
Reply to Farkas

Same problem, been trying for 3 weeks to donate with no one interested. Will take it to the dump Monday along with all other supplies my father had.
Reply to myekul
Ludnj1 Mar 14, 2021
I’m in desperate need of a bed
(0)
I need one desperately for a friend
Reply to Christchild
cdaniel Feb 24, 2021
I have a used hospital bed to donate. It is a fully electric invacare bed. I am in Temecula, California.
(0)
I have a used hospital bed to donate. It is a fully electric invacare bed. I am in Temecula.
Reply to cdaniel

There are several things at work here. First of all the need for this sort of thing comes in waves. Secondly I have found that people want things for free and they tend to also want you to bring it to them. Crazy, yes I know.

I’m surprised you did not have good luck on Facebook marketplace. My suggestion if the church call doesn’t work, is to contact a nursing home or private care home or assisted-living that you know handles low-income residents. Also they are very unlikely to take a used mattress.

I know when I had a relative he had to move into a nursing home the beds there were in poor condition. So many of them were manual.

When my uncle died my aunt donated his very nice hill ROM bed to a nursing home where my grandmother resided and she ended up using that bed while there.
Reply to XenaJada

Hello my fiance was in a bad car accident that left him quadriplegic. We are in search of a hospital bed. Is this item still available?
Reply to joyelwalker9
Mamaduncs22 Jan 22, 2021
Hi Joyce. I’m so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. We have an electric hospital bed we are looking to donate. It’s located in Hudson, NY. Is that convenient for you?
(0)
I am looking for a donation of a hospital bed. Where are you located? Do you still have the hospital bed for donation? We are in Dallas, Texas. My name is Paige and a quick question is the hospital bed electric? Does it have a remote that can move the bed up and down? My friend is on disability and a senior which can't afford to purchase a new bed. She is coming home from the rehabilitation facility within the next two to three weeks. I appreciate your kindness. Look forward to hearing from you. Best Wishes
Reply to paigemontgomery
Blutes Jan 31, 2021
Paige, I have a bed available but I am in Holly Lake Ranch Tx..if you are interested in traveling a little ways for the bed contact me
(0)
Doylestown PA - Invacare 54101VC Electric Hospital Single Bed with Vinyl Covered Innerspring Mattress, 2 sets of hand rails $1200 new purchased this year
Sit down walker
Diapers/Pull Ups
FREE
Reply to brontesm

If you are still looking for a Hospital Bed. I have a Hospital Bed available for free, the bed is in New York City, if interested in the bed it must be picked up before Oct. 3rd. Please send message.

Best,

William
Reply to dp4261

I have cancer again, and when I was declared cancer free last year, I gave my bed to a lady here in London. Do you still have the bed? If you do, I would love to relieve you of this bed.
Reply to suetoo

Did you offer it on Craigslist for FREE to whomever can come pick it up?
Better yet, offer it on FB Marketplace for free.
Reply to XenaJada

need a used hospital bed. Live in Delaware.
Reply to lizzzy905

I have a hospital Bed that I would like to Donate, I’m in Maryland
Reply to Gina3414
vaaprilrose Oct 2, 2020
Is it still available. I would like to donte this to a school so student nurse can use it. Thank you
(0)
BAVDA, ask local homeless shelter, nursing home, hospital, board n care.

salvation army, etc
Reply to MAYDAY

THIS IS A QUESTION FROM 2019

LIST IN LOCAL NEWSPAPER. FREE GREAT CONDITION. PLEASE PICK UP AND TAKE IT AWAY.
Reply to MAYDAY

Hi,

I am in Southwest Houston, TX with a used medical bed (has remote up/down) that I want to give away for free with mattress. If anyone is interested, please feel free to reach out to me.
Thank you and take care!
Reply to BAVDA1
JTaylor1982 Sep 24, 2020
Hi,

Is the hospital bed still available?

Thanks!
(0)
This post was started over a year ago.
It is starting to look a bit like a Craig's List.
Maybe it is time to archive this......
Reply to Grandma1954

I have a Delta™ Ultra- Light 1000, Semi-Electric Bed and Gravity 7 mattress (never been used) that I would give to anyone who has a need. I'm located in Astoria, NY and if you're willing to pick it up, send me a message.
Reply to alokon

I also have a hospital bed, wheel chair, and hoya lift in good condition I would like to donate.
I am located in brooklyn. N. Y.
Reply to Olivia61

I'm looking for hospital bed for a friend of mine who has a sister in Late Stage of Alzheimer. They live in Brooklyn NY.
Reply to Jcrojas
DanaMRoth Jun 25, 2020
I live in Brooklyn and have a hospital bed I need to get rid of!!!! Message me.
(0)
just the bed, not the mattress, right? Have you tried placing an ad in your local Craigslist - free stuff, Must pickup.. Or try NEXTDOOR. your local neighborhood internet site.

Assisted living facilities. Nursing homes, call them and ask if you could place a good old fashioned ad on their bulletin board.
Reply to MAYDAY

I have the same problem. Does anyone know who or where accept hospital bed.
Reply to ayny25

Not sure why the admins don’t lock this thread? Are we supposed to be using the forum like Craigslist?
Reply to worriedinCali
MAYDAY Jun 21, 2020
Original date.. MAY 2019.. oh well.. It looks like more people need to know how to either donate or get medical beds. So, it may not be all that bad of an issue to keep it current.
(0)
Hi I am looking for a hospital bed I have very bad asthma that when I'm sleeping upright am better than sleeping in a normal bed if anybody can help
Reply to Callycairns
Good morning I have a hospital bed that I am trying to get rid of it is electric almost new if interested please get back to me thank you
(1)
1 2 3