How can a son steal $100,000 from his Mom?

Son stop coming around after money gone. She in Nursing home now on Medicaid. Family Service and IRS know he did this Yet he is not in trouble or responsible for spending her money. Now the tax payer is footing her bill though Medicaid. He even spent her ssa check for a year, until the gov't stop her check going to his and her bank acct.

25

Answers

1 2 3
I don't know

how did they get by with the nursing home not getting the money?

No she had a little left before she went in NH, he use that for island retreat.

It call bloated gov’t. I call the doctor, police, DCF over and over. The last time DCF came to her house, they found her dirty, no food in refrig. DCF received year and half of bank statements and interview him and his wife for criminal acts, which they found true and did nothing again. I was told I was not a family member or her PA anymore (son had mine PA revoked), but he forgot to remove me as health surrogate, so DCF and her Doctor had to talk to me. So I request her to be remove and put somewhere safe. So my last attempt was to make sure she was in NH and was safe. I was told he would have to spent all her money before they would go after him and his wife. Her son was on vacation on a island with the last of her money. He also continue to use her social security 6 month and annuity for a year while she was in NH. Medicare also received the infor. for the seven year look back as well and yet again the system fail. Yes her money should go to NH not son’s play money, as he said it’s his right and his inheritance and I said no it should go to her long term care, any money left was then his inheritance.

I thought she said the money was gone is why she got put in a nursing home

if she's in a nursing home and Medicaid they did a five year lookback law and the US Government confiscated her savings. Now the nursing home will kill her with abuse and neglect and the US Government accomplished their intent.

--since she's in a nursing home and on Medicaid they do a five year look back law. Chances are Medicaid confiscated her savings--now the nursing home will simply kill her with abuse and neglect and the government did what they intended to do.

I wonder if both names were on the account as you said her ssa check went to, wouldn't that mean he could spend the money freely? I was on an account with my aunt once and though I never touched her money, I could have.

Taking care of an elderly person is by no means cheap or free, and it depends on how he spent the money--sitters are about $20 an hour; in addition, a caregiver pretty much has to quit their job to care for a mentally incompetent person. Repairs to the home, and vehicle, including homeowner's and car insurance, will bleed money dry very quickly too. My question is where were you during this alleged abuse, and why were you not involved with the person's care. If the person is in a nursing home, the facility would have confiscated the money--otherwise she would not be eligible to be in a nursing home. Actually they probably did this already since she's on Medicaid. A person on Medicaid is not allowed to have any more than $2,000 in the bank. If you were so worried about this alleged abuse, it makes me question why you didn't act upon this sooner instead of being more worried about the money.

disagree, this is clear financial exploitation and stealing from taxpayers who are now footing this woman's care; even if he can't pay the money back, it needs to serve as a lesson to others - Medicaid has been making such a big deal about this I don't understand why they're not involved in it

1 2 3