My mother is 81, has mild early dementia, has trouble learning new info, but still easily demonstrates enough capacity to sign legal documents. I feel a set of DVDs would really help explain some basic concepts.

Look online for elder law attorneys in your state. Some firms here have quite extensive topics that are published n their website.
Reply to gladimhere

You, not your mom, need to look at the teepa snow. Naomi fell videos. On YouTube.

Come back when you have.
Reply to Segoline

Wait a minute...you expect her to learn about it? You need to learn about how to protect her. I recommend a long titled book that begins with How to protect your family's assets by Gabriel Heiser.. take her to an elder lawyer ASAP. That person will explajn things. Otherwise you will be petitioning the courts.
Beekee Mar 3, 2019
Yes, I am learning, alright. I send 1-2 hours a day reading about elder law. I have the Heiser book. I am agent on her durable power of attorney. The elder law attorney considers my mother the client, and my mother has demonstrated a high enough level of capacity to sign documents. So I need to get my mother on-board to at least feel as if she understands some of these concepts, in the hope that she will be more likely to sign things she has never heard of before.
(0)
I guess I was hoping for recommendations for simple videos a person with mild cognitive impairment can understand.
Reply to Beekee

We are always getting invited to seminars for these very topics, perhaps the companies that offer seminars would have some information. Check Dave Ramsey website, he endorses financial planners that do this type of work.

You may need an elder law attorney for Medicaid information or even your states Medicaid website will have information.

Can you let us know how you find what you need, we learn from each other.