I have a parent that needs to be in an Assisted living with minimal extended care at this time however she is getting a little further along in her Dementia and will need to have extra care eventually. I would not want to move her again later. I am looking for a place that may offer both types of care

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Yocumvl, one way to find some Assisted Living facilities is to go to the blue bar at the top of the page, on the left you will see 3 while lines, click on those lines...

Now a "search" will pop up. Type in the zip code that you want, and a list will appear of different types of living facilities.
Helpful Answer (0)

Is your parent in TX too? Many states require that these facilities be licensed and they are listed online, along with a notation, if they accept Medicaid like funds from the state.

I don't know what Texas has available in the AL, but, some states offer financial assistance to some disabled seniors and those with dementia, and that a doctor says they need help with their daily activities. There should be a list online of all AL and Memory Care facilities in your state. You can ask your local Counsel on Aging or social worker who handles Medicaid applications for long term care.

I think there is a place on this site as well, to click to get info on AL facilities at the top of the homepage.

It's a good idea to find a place that has a Memory Care unit on site. I had to move my cousin soon after she entered a regular AL, due to her rapid progression. That is quite common with Vascular Dementia.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter