My elderly Dad died 4 weeks ago. I am suicidal and can't see any future. What can I do?

I never had children and he was my life. Help

31

Answers

1 2 3 4
Libby seems like everyone on this site cares for you very much, as I do too.
Please try and seek some help. Go to a dementIa support group, or call the Alzheimer's hotline they can help.

But we haven't heard from you in a while, how are you doing?

I am the head caregiver for both my parents, and I have recently hit rock bottom like that because I am close to my mother more than my dad. It kills me inside that my family is going through this with this demetria crap. We must keep going strong. I am here for you.

Hi Libby. I'm so sorry you're going through what you're going through. My Mom died 5 years ago and I thought the grief would start abating, but honestly I miss her more with each passing year. It's to the point that I'm going to look into grief counseling. Because one thing I know for certain is that she would want me to live my life fully and enjoy it. And I can tell you that having my friends helps a very great deal. I don't have any family around where I live, and my friends have become like my second family. I cherish them and lean on them for a lot. Do you have any interests you can pursue? I've made all of my friends through my writing and filmmaking projects. Sharing common interests with others helps develop bonds that could return you to that sense of fulfillment that caring for your Dad gave you. Just know that there are others out here feeling what you do. My prayers go out for you.

Hey Libby, just checking in with you. Thank you for the New Years wishes!
We are having lots of rain, keeping us indoors. How is it where you are?
Are you able to tolerate some distraction by watching t.v.? Are you alone alot?
How a r e you today? Love, from Send.

Libby now is the time to honour you parents by fulfilling their dreams for you: that you learn to be happy, healthy and live a purposeful life. You will carry their love in your hearts forever a constant reminder of all they meant to you xxxx 2016 will get brighter xxxxx

Just read this article today... Thought it was pretty good... http://www.denverpost.com/lifestyles/ci_29326603/new-years-choose-be-grateful

Hang in there!! This is an opportunity for you to febuild your life.

I Love you Libby... Many of us have this dark hour... Our parents want us to go on with our lives (like they did)... My mother told me that in my depression... Keep co,img back here...

I love you Libby!!!!... Many of us go through dark times... (Including me)... But, our parents would always want us to go on (like they did) and live our life to it's fullest (I have to take my own advise, as my mother has gotten very upset with me in my darkest hours)... I'm sure your's would want you to go on and try and be happy (we all can't be happy all the time).... Keep coming back to us... Ok? Lots of love!!!

Thank you so much to all of you for all your words and help. Your kindness is overwhelming. I take comfort from knowing that my Dad is reunited with my Mum as they were apart for 15yrs and he really missed her. I know that I need time but things are just so raw at present.

Once again, thank you all so much. God Bless you and may 2016 be your best year yet. x

1 2 3 4