My mother is sneaking in and using my expensive face cream. Should I confront her or hide it so she knows that I know?

26

Answers

1 2 3
I had this problem with my daughter when she was younger. She would enter my room and help herself to what ever she wanted. My solution was to put an entrance lock on my bedroom door and lock it when I was not home. Problem solved.

Well. lets just say I now have a new routine...all my crean is in a new little bag that I get out at night and put away high up in my closet in the am. Problem solved...for now. It is StriVection-SD originally formulated for stretch marks and they found out that it works on fine lines as well. Don't need to use very much though. Thanks all for the input. It's crazy now thought cause she has been SOOOO cooperative...thnk she is starting to realize she just can't be who she once was and her frailties...did I spell that right? that is off the string just thought I might add that.

STUCK:

Here are some suggestions:

(1) Draw the line and let her have it -- and I don't mean the cream;
(2) Share it -- let her pay half;
(3) Hide it under lock and key -- which she'll probably pick it anyway;
(4) Have her buy her own -- flip the script on her and break into her room to use it; or
(5) Give her a facelift for Christmas.

That cream of yours must be good stuff. I'm sure your skin is glowing and fresh as the Spring; otherwise she wouldn't steal some of it. Getting older is one of the hardest things to accept, and all of us try to do it gracefully since we can't stop time and cheat mother Nature. Unless she's doing it just to tick you off as some sort of payback, I'm sure that's why she's doing it. Let us know what happens ... plus the name of that cream. My girlfriend can't keep looking better than me all the time.

Always at your service,

-- ED

I meant less expensive.

Hide it or put some other jar full of something that is cheaper in its place. When she asks where the jar of whatever she was sneaking is, then you can tell her, "It was too expensive, so I looked for something similar to the smell, but less inexpensive".
That should do it. Here's hoping! Good luck!

Got ya Pamela! Yep!!! Good that you can go! I all too well know. yep!

Girl don't you know it's the whole sneaky thing, just the fact that she CAN is why she DOES. Yep you should have hid it but you didn't know what was happening and I probably shouldn't have been such a smart azz in saying that, it just seemed the only remedy to me.

She may not even like it, it's just the idea that it's YOURS and she CAN and she knows you won't say anything.

Irritated, you want irritated I was at momz 2day to finish spray painting a tresses for my moms garden. When it was done and needed to dry she asked me to replant about 4 different plants. I didn't come over for that and I told her and each time I told her she'd say something else about something else and come right back to replant the plants for me. Finally I just did it. I replanted 2 and got the heck on outta there.

As I was wheeling her in she asked me to put cocoa butter on her face, remember my mom thinks cocoa butter is the magical cure that straightens up your face. I washed my hands, applied the cocoa butter, and headed right on out of there.....irritated.

I know this has little to do with your story but thank you for listening to me vent.

Pamela, You know it is just the principle of the thing...why should I have to hide my stuff? She is not in deminta yet and is perfectly capable of knowing exactly what she is doing. Why can't she just say to me that she liked my cream and could I get some for her next time I go to the store? No...she would rather use mine...she has more expendable income than I do. Where is the respect for others personal property? I don't sneak into her room and use her stuff. I ask...when I am out of excederine and I am sure she has all the drugs. It is just the sneaky way she did it and getting into my personal items.It took me awhile to figure it out...wondered why the first tube went so fast. Yeah...I hide it now...better than the confrontation. I am irritated at her for other things too...just the last straw.

Wasn't it always easier to hide it, even B4 U asked the question, I'm just asking. Seemed like the only remedy to me but then again folks say that I'm crazy anyway.

My Mother does not have demenita yet...it is starting, but, one of the resasons it upsets me is that she DOES know what the cream is, she knows exactly what she is doing and she has plenty of money to buy her own. But I know that she has started down that road. It was just easier to hide it. Thanks for all the support and presenting different ways to cope with the loss of personal space.

1 2 3