How do I get over the grief of watching my mom die while taking care of her?

i was told sheis slowly dieing and hospice is here but this disease pd is horrible it has been very hard to watch andave advanced stages of pd im so lost now thats it no more family i feel like a orphan but mostly i feel so sorry for my mom this is the hardest thing i have ever done oplease someone did anyones parent h

My heart goes out to you. No doubt this is the hardest thing you have ever done. In the natural course of things children outlive their parents, so most people experience the death of one or both parents. That it is universal does not make it less painful. And watching the progression of a debilitating disease at the end is especially painful. Take advantage of the experienced hospice staff. They have helped people through this many times, and have a sense of what you are going through.

You have had your mother in your life for many years, and that is a blessing. Hard as it is on you, it is also a blessing to be able to be there for her in this last part of her life's journey.

Hang in there. You will get past this. You need time to heal.
You just did, by venting it. You should call her doctor or your hospital and ask if they have support groups for you to attend. Sometimes support groups help. Your mother is very lucky to have someone like you to take care of her. I take care of my mother and she has dementia. I have people come in and stay with mom while my sister and me get out of the house twice a week, it's not easy to watch your love one change or think it would happen to her. But somehow we all get thru it and go on. Your not alone in this, we all are here because we have someone who have medical problems and we need to support each other to get thru our own problems.
ANN:

As my Dad faded, it became more difficult to keep him comfortable and keep myself from unraveling. Running on fumes, my sons became my Higher Power. For me, then, family support was key. Months before he passed on, I don't know how many times I went through the Stages of Grief.

It wasn't until the last day when I finally accepted his life had come full circle. I was relieved ... for him.

This family will be here 24-7. Just holler okay?
Hospice has wonderful counselors/socialworkers. The nurse comes to see my Mother at our home and the counselor comes to see me. She has been a tremendous help. And so is reading this website.
I am very sorry that you have to go through this but your mom is so lucky that you are there, my mom lives with me and has many diseases including copd and diabetes and I know the day will come when I will have to do what you are doing, I think about it all the time and have done my share of crying and praying that God will keep me strong and get me through this because my mom needs me, lots of hugs and I will keep you in my prayers
((((Sandra)))) The ladies have had excellent advice, hospice was there when Mom passed, they offer grief counseling, it helps to be able to talk about it, and share with someone who understands.. That is how I found this site, needing someone who understood what it was I was going through.. Big Hugs my friend, and know that we are here if you need to talk.
I don't think you can ever COMPLETELY get over it. However, in time the pain will become less aND LESS UNBEARABLE AND BECOME MORE TOLERABLE. mY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU DEAR, IT REALLY DOES. i'M SADDENED BY YOUR LOSS. w
I just lost my Mom in the same way. She began slowing down, stopped eating/drinking and eventually became bed bound. Hospice was there to guide us through the transition my Mom was going through. To be honest with you, we grieved. It is hard to watch your loved one go through something like this and you probably feel helpless and uncertain. I know I did. There is nothing wrong with how you are feeling and you should feel those feelings. You will get over it. It is different for everyone. Talk to the Social Worker or Chaplin that are assigned to your hospice. They are there to get you through this and know how to help you. And ask the Hospice people questions, any questions, they are there to help you too. You might also try writing down your feelings in a journal. This helped me too. Good luck to you, and know that this forum is a wonderful place to get inspiration and help.
Sandra, please take comfort in the fact that you are able to be there for your Mom. For various reasons, not everyone is able to do what you are doing. I'm sure your mom is taking much comfort in the fact that you are there overseeing things, caring for her and making her transition as easy as it can possibly be. I will pray the Lord will give you the strength needed to get through this with your Mom. Take care and God Bless.
I am grieving the lost of my uncle who died in his home Aug 1 and it's hard. I have to try and take care of my mother with the big help from my sister. My uncle survived colon cancer. He was like a father to us kids. The only "dad" I've ever known.