Why do I always fall for people who really have no interest in me personally but play a game with my emotions?

I know who these people are, but yet when I hear from them I think they are sincere, but they are not. I don't respect people who play with my emotions when they know my dysfunction...how do I deal with them????

15

Answers

Evydarling~I have delete a few people off facebook as well for the same reason.

CarolLyn~No it doesn't sound too far out there. Thank you, I will check out the book.

correction ... the people and things that come into our life are what we are a VIBRATIONAL match to.

Hi sharynmarie - I hope this doesn't sound too far out there, but I believe in law of attraction. The people and things that come into our lives are what we are additional match to. If we want to change what we're attracting, we have to change our vibration. There it's a sweet little book that explains it without dogma. It has the look of a child's book but it isn't. Read about it on Amazon and see if it appeals to you. It's "Sarah and the foreverness of friends of a feather" by Jerry and Esther Hicks. Let me know what you think...

Trust me sweetie, I have no problem with NO.

Evydarling -
They have every right to ask. You have every right to say no. I get your point, but I think a weakness of caregivers is that we forget that we don't have to say yes.

Hi Sharynmarie. I understand {{{{{ hug }}}}}. It is NOT you, it is them. I just recently deleted 2 "friends" of many years from email, facebook - everything. I simply got fed up with their invites and no follow-thru. Interestlingly, it was only after their wedding two years ago and my $$$$ spent did their odd behaviour start. I've come to realize they are just Users. So good riddance! AND just recently, I got invited to a wedding by a bride I barely know - I haven't even met her fiance or family or friends! Some people (an euphenism) are truly unbelievable!!!

Thank you Joan...Hugs!!

In real life you have the advantage of reading body language, tone of voice etc. Online you just get written words. I have read that 80% of communication is non verbal, so you are missing a lot of cues when you have only written communication. And there are people who only want an email relationship. I have been emailing one lady regularly for many years and she "laughingly" made a reference to me visiting her. I followed up and she backed off. I guess she is only comfortable with email. I enjoy our correspondence so, I accepted that and we continue to correspond. I tend to be very literal too. :)

I have had it happen IRL too, but it seems easier to recognize than when you receive the written word (I think that may back to my upbringing with black and white thinking and not being able to read between the lines). Hugs back to you and thank you!!

sharyn, I have met some of that too. It is very easy via social media and email to forge what seems to be a sincere relationship and then find out that it isn't. There is risk involved. When someone who has sought contact with me proves that they are not sincere, or are troublesome in other ways, I tend to cut off the relationship. Sometimes the risk pays off and sometimes it doesn't. This is true in real life too. I have had similar happen IRL. Then you know! (((((hugs))))