I need advice on a terribly embarrassing situation with my father-in-law...

My father-in-law who we care for has parkinson and he plays with penis all the time and will ejaculate three or four times a day no matter who may be there. It's terribly embarrasing. He has a huge penis for an old man and he's proud of it. Is there any thing I can do about it or should I do anything?...........Thanks 1967jim

21

Answers

1 2 3
Ask the Dr. if you can put him on Paxil. It will do wonders for evening out his disposition and a major side effect for men is erectile dysfunction. You'd be killing two birds with one stone.

Read the information on the meds information sheet you get with your prescriptions. Several meds may cause sexual behavior. A friend was a home health care aide for an man with PD. She would frequently arrive at this home and find him w/o his clothes on from the waist down. She didn't notice too many other behaviors of dementia. Best way to find out why this behavior is present is to ask the Dr. There are also some meds that cause the desire to gamble. Again, read the information sheets!

But , Ferris, that is exactly what the poster is talking about!!! I don't understand what you are not getting???

MishkaM-No comment to that absurd comment of yours.

The old pervert comment was not for your FIL,Jim- but referring to joycews. I was commiserating with her situation--did not want you to think I was referencing yours.

Well, Ferris, what can I say---good to know that you think it is OK to sit in the family room with company and go at it.

1967jim DID NOT state the father-in-law was masterbating in public. In the privacy of one's own home is NOT public. No one should be subjected to view this behavior if one does not choose to view it, and keeping young children away is your duty. However, adults who engage in sexual behavior in the privacy of their own home are NOT breaking the law no matter how deviant you may perceive such behavior. Do not watch, and if it really bothers you, find your father-in-law another place to live.

I will let an elder get away with a little more than your average middle aged Joe but public masterbation ain't one of 'em! If nothing eles I would have a heavy blanket on hand that would get thrown over the old pervert -big enough to cover him and the chair he was in--whenever any action startd up.

It is too bad your little girl cannot have a relationship with her grandpa but good decision there. Better to keep her safe.

Oh I know Mishka, we just keep her away and are in the process of just giving up. I noticed too the original posters comment of, "no matter who may be there." Let's just say if my child was around him (be it a family member or neighbor) it would be my business real fast. We excuse too much in our society with age discrimination.

Actually ferris it is a crime to masterbate in public of in front of an unwilling audience. I don't think the issue is the masterbation but where he is doing it. And though we all can sympathize with the man and his disease he needs to zip it in public!
Joycews, what a bad situation. Ugh--- wish I could give you some advice but I just don't know ....:0( (((((hugs))))

You have my sympathy. Behavior like this is one of the reason's we have to limit my little girl from being around her grandfather. Everyone in the medical field tries to tell us it's just old age, dementia, etc. They don't believe us when we tell them he was a sex obsessed sob for decades. Yep, they believe these people over family members who have letters and family testimony providing proof. We have given up and learned that if you are under a certain age society sees no wrong and if you are over a certain age society sees no wrong.
I would just stay away and don't help him clean up. If he has to sit in his mess after 3-4 times a day, maybe it won't be so fun anymore.

1 2 3