I have read it all. I have all the documents. Is there someone reputable to give this daunting task over to? Is VeteranAid.org reputable? No time to manage this, but MUST get done. TIA

Your local VA office should be able to do it. Mine did. I just had to get the info together the rep filled out the forms and sent them in.

Hi! There are many places that can help, like the American Legion. I’m trying to recall the other ones... I recently called about the VA compensation application and they had a whole list of places that could help for free.
Reply to JuliaRose

Check with a Veterans Commission Office they should be able to help you. And their service is at no cost to you.
You could check with a local Senior Center and see if they have someone that comes in to talk about the process and if so sit in on a presentation. Some Assisted Living facilities also have presentations like this. This will give you a good idea of the group/company/person that is providing the "service" In many cases you will pay for that service. A lawyer can also do this for you and if you are using one it might be a good idea to use them for this process as well. Either way it will cost you. As long as you are willing to pay for the service ask what % of the applications they submit are processed quickly and accepted.
Reply to Grandma1954