Follow

I'll start.... I am *Freqflyer* as in frequent flyer. I've had this screen name for many years and carried it over to this website when I first found it.

Years ago I was flying back and forth from Washington D.C. to Texas. Whenever I would tell someone new that I did a lot of flying, they would assume I was a *stewardess*.... hmmm, why not the *pilot*?.... so much for old fashioned stereotypes..... [sigh]. No, I didn't work for the airlines.

Since my parents became older, guess you could say I was grounded :(

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Mine is not that interesting. I used the first two letters of three dogs I've had over the years.
(5)

Boni is what my family calls me, not my true first name. Chak is short for my Maiden name which has more letters than I could fit here.
When the divorce lawyer said I could have me name back I said NO!
But since I have been caring for Mom, I became Boni Chak. It makes me feel like the little girl Mom treats me like. R--- S------ is gone forever. BoniChak keeps on going and going.
(5)

Screen name?? You mean we weren't supposed to use our real names? :P
(4)

My favorite past-time since I was in kindergarten and couldn't read. But I loved to go to the library, pull out books with pictures, and made up stories on it. Once, I learned to read, I was determined to read all the books in the library when I was in elementary, middle school, high school and at the university. I wasn't choosy. I read westerns, horror, sci-fi, fantasies, romance, novels, mysteries, biographies, autobiographies, UFO, Bermuda Triangle... fiction and non-fiction. I read, read, read. And still reading. =)
(4)

Ladee, pronounced like 'laa dee' not like lady..... has been my nickname for too many years to count....My name is Linda, no one in real life calls me that... so it is strange to hear Linda....
(4)

I started out on AC using arjones... very boring. Then after a few months, thought AlisonBoBalison would be more appropriate for the site and more fun...?

"Alison, Alison, bo balison, fee fi fo falison, me mi mo malison..." :-)
(5)

I use my own given name because I am too dumb to think up anything else!
(4)

Lol, Veronica, that's hardly true but I think its a habit?

freqflyer, I liked your post. And I also do have an alternative username I selected back when getting a unique username for the mega-sites like AOL or Yahoo was an impossible task without putting some numbers at the end of your username, and I didn't want to do that. One day, it took about an hour of trying to find a username I liked with no success, and finally I asked myself "what is the one username no one would pick?" I typed in convictedfelon and it was available. I laughed my butt off and I still use convictedfelon or cnvctdfelon on a variety of gaming and social sites, but didn't think it would make much sense on AC. And no, I'm not a convicted felon, but I used to have a very irreverent and silly sense of humor. :-D
(3)

Mine goes back to an email to my twisted sisters and auntie dearest that tried to explain the situation here and how they were all accusing me of things that simply did not happen. In that email I told them that Mom and L are safe, comfortable, and well taken care of. I also told them that I was glad I'm here. Never did receive a reply.
(2)

when my ex divorced me in 01 she sent me a letter . said i was a good man but a HARD man . i promptly made truck signs to that effect -- captain hardass . i thought then that shed made this accusation because she was ill with depression and everything seemed larger than life and hostile to her . since , ive learned that her letter meant : ive been on a 6 month crank bender with the nasty neighbor b*tches and im laying around with any guy who has a fistfull of drugs .
its all good . im still difficult , shes still a loser ..
(3)

Because I am so done with Sal, my horrible MIL. She's been crazy as a rat in a drainpipe ever since I've known her, and a spiteful liar to boot. The awful things she's said and done would fill a book, which I just may write someday.
(3)

Mine is to remind myself that even when what I do does not meet the expectation of others it's OK because I'm doing the best I can.
(4)

Mine is a corruption of Babalou, a popular song when I was little that my Dad liked. My real name is Barbara.
(3)

ba8alou, when I see the word babalou, I think of Ricky Ricardo, which brings a smile :)
(3)

Yup, me too! BabaLOOOOOOOOOOOOO! that's me.
(3)

I'm boreing and was not in the state to come up with something snappy when I joined here..lol It's my partial name and my medical credentials..... And Freq.. until you recently mentioned you were a gal,, I swear I read you name as Fred flyer...lol so very sorry... but some interesting twists on some of your posts :)
(3)

pamzimmrrt, I always have to cut and paste a screen name whenever I answer someone directly.... have a hard time reading some names to type it outright :)

Fred Flyer, yes, I have seen a couple people doing that, unless one makes the font super huge, it does look like Fred :)
(1)

First the house # where a grew up. After that first 4 letters of my first name. That is as creative as I can get.
(3)

I am kinda digging Freq too, now that i see it.. come on.. you know what I mean..LOL
(2)

crazytobehere,
im 13 months post dementia caregiving for my mom and looking back -- i dont see how my head didnt explode . crazy mom , jealous sibs , smart mouthed hospice nurses , conclusion jumping aps , a bed bug infestation just to make things more interesting , fear for my own future , etc .
in hindsight , just do a job you can feel good about when its over . my own life is falling back in place in small bits . just tallying the damage at this point . moving forward with life and home projects may take another year ..
(2)

I think mine speaks for itself. I had this many grandchildren when I thought it up. Grandmama215
(2)

tickcanyon, well it's the dirt road i've lived on for 23 years now. And yes there are plenty of ticks here as in bugs and people. lol
(3)

Igloo572 was a broken-arrow that was a really big big deal in my home. Dad was USAF technical branch civilian with security clearance. In Nov 1963, there was a nuclear explosion (uranium spread) at one of the igloo's (#572) in the special weapons demilitarization project. Super scary stuff as this is the 1960's and the height of the cold-war. Explosion blew out windows for miles around a few people died in the igloo. Dad was part of the site team to record post event and the even bigger deal was because of the "accident" he was on that team for months rather than being on the team that was going to record JFK's visit which was a few days later and the day before he was assassinated. igloo572 became a moniker for things that just go awry. We also had cats named Beryllium & Polonium.
(2)

clifford25 is my dad and I use his name because it was though his illness and death that I learned a lot about life. He is and always will be my inspiration and my hero. I miss him everyday of my life but as sad as that is it was in losing him that I learned so much about life. Even though he is gone he still teaches me things and inspires me to be a better person every day. I was very fortunate that I got to take care of him those last few months of his life. To be able to be there every day as he took his final journey is something I will treasure for the rest of my life. It was so sad to lose him but his journey was just as he wanted it to be.
(4)

Self explanatory..
(3)

Used a nickname and the year.
(2)

I get tired of negative thinking and thought I wanted a positive screen name.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter