Follow

I see a lot on here about care homes that are underperforming for what of a nicer term. I don't see a lot in one place of how to report a care home/facility that is not giving good care and there must be a route that everyone can use in the USA. I am useless here as I live in the UK and we have reporting systems that are quite well known ad star systems for identifying how good a facility is in advance from the inspections that are carried out.

If there is a reporting system / process perhaps here would be a good place to put the information so those that need it can access it

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
They are inspected at least annually. The nursing home where I am assigned as Ombudsman has NY DOH on site monthly. The August 2015 inspection had hundreds of pages of violations. The DOH imposed an "admissions halt" due to non-compliance.
(1)

Are they inspected Pam? That was a dim question they must be. In the UK those reports are public are they in the USA too? I was just thinking that if this had been a problem in the report then a speedier response is required than waiting for the next inspection
(0)

Care homes in the USA are licensed by the state department of health in each state. So you call them.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter