Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
I bought a new pair of sandals and had my hair done!
(2)

Sometimes when I go grocery shopping I’ll stop somewhere, get a coffee and a pastry and sit and read a while, enjoying the relaxing time. Then go do the shopping.
(1)

Did you put yourself first, before thinking of your care-receivers, today for ANYTHING?!
(0)

Oh WOW pamzimmrrt, Pedicures sound heavenly and lunch at a nice place sounds even more delicious. I'm looking forward to the day I can do one or both of these. Thank you for the lovely comment.
(0)

11:45 am - I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I didn't WANT to, didn't feel like doing it. I'm sooooo tired, plain-old plummm 'wo out, I just wanted to skip it today. BUT, my mouth tasted so bad, I HAD to go ahead and do it. So, I did it.

There now, I did my self-care thing for today.
(1)

hey, I felt nice that you have someone who cares and listens to you, you are truly blessed. One self-care thing which I did this week was visiting my family and having dinner with them. I felt great!
(0)

Yesterday morning I ambled-through chores as usual, didn't eat breakfast, no lunch either. By 1:30 pm my stomach reminded me I needed to "DO SOMETHING"! It took some doing, but I did it. At 2:30 pm, I made myself a plate and sat quietly and ate it, without stopping in-between to go do "something".

I had chicken noodle soup, crackers, orange juice, and 1-chocolate cookie for dessert. It was nice to "eat in peace and only think about myself" for a change.
(4)

My dr is very caring also - he understands my husband's personality. Thursday was shopping for mom, shopping for hubby and I and attending a self help group.

After the plumber finally finished with 3 tasks I knew of and 1 task I didn't - sheesh - I enjoyed going out to breakfast with a good book and being waited on without having to think of anything else.
(5)

As some of you know I have 2 friends who are also going through a rough patch or have done so.. this week we went for pedicures and lunch at a nice place in Gettysburg. We all got each other gift certs for the pedis,, LOL,, so we were all on the same page! We try very hard to schedule one day a month to get together and have some us time! So far it is working, with careful planning, and it helps so much
(3)

SnoopyLove - I "hear-ya" . . . a long hike in the redwoods sounds heavenly. Your "ME" time definitely was great. I'm Glad you did it too. Thank you for commenting here. I appreciate that.
(2)

Oh, you have such a nice doctor! I do to; I’m very fortunate.

Self-care this week…I hid from my MIL. I guess that sounds bad, but I have two small children, and she wants me to sit with her all afternoon and give her all my attention. After a while she gets cranky waiting for dinner and refuses any snacks. Then she just tries to wind me up and gets hangry. Yesterday I limited my companionship time with her, told her I was going inside, but instead locked the door and hid, just telling my kids where I was. I watched a few episodes of The Golden Girls, had a good laugh, and felt a bit more rejuvenated afterwards.
(4)

This week I went for a long hike in the redwoods. It was hours of me time and it was great. Much needed for mental well-being but so hard to commit to scheduling. Glad I did.
(2)

ITRR - Yes, you are right. I am very blessed to have a doctor that cares. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took time to respond here.
(0)

Another self-care thing I did this week was to go to the Eye Care Center and schedule an appointment to get new eyeglasses. I've need new glasses for over a year, maybe longer. I've been putting it off since I started full-time caregiving for Mama over 2 years ago.
(1)

You are very blessed to have a doctor that cares.
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter