Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
this may sound strange, but I have 2 friends who are major "thrift shoppers",, they find them all and know all the deals and dates! I hit the goodwill once in awhile for pet food bowls and such, and once in awhile for smaller clothes as I have lost weight,, but it is not a big thing for me. This last weekend while on vacation they kidnapped me for a few hours and hit the shops in the OC area,, they bought tons of stuff for decor and clothes.. LOL I got a few things,,, OK, I am cheap! ( none of them need to be cheap,, nor do I but old habit die hard) So today I dashed into the good will for pet food bowls,, and looked around. OMG I got a brand new pair of Timberland boots for 10$.. I looked at them last year and no way was I paying 100 for shoes! Also a brand new pair of work clogs! I mean even the soles were pristine! Also got a beautiful pumpkin fruit bowl for 2$ So I guess I can look at this as saving my retirement,,, or a new problem.. LOL
(3)

I have been to my therapist today... She really is helping me a lot!
(0)

I listened to a new group singing 'a cappella' style (AVÉ – Australian Vocal Ensemble). Just a YouTube ad for 5 mins but I could feel my blood pressure dropping. Sniperts of modern to really old baroque. I have reminded myself to add *active listening* to music, even if just 5 mins, into every day. Of whatever style takes my fancy that day 🎶🎵😊
(0)

I finally went to have a blood analysis to check my thiroid which I should do every year... But which I didn't in 2021. I also booked a visit at the optometrist as my sight has worsen a lot.
(1)

I had to do "eeny-meeny-miny-MO" to decide where this comment belongs. It could easily go under What's for Dinner. BUT, since it's personal and also something I did for myself today, I decided to post it here.

My self-care thing for today is . . . Pizza! I ordered my favorite Domino's weekend combo:
1 LG Pepperoni Pizza
Bacon Chicken Ranch Sandwich
Stuffed Cheesy Bread

OooWeeeee, so yummily delicious! I'll be eating on this for at least a couple of days.

Happy Weekend Everyone, enjoy your Saturday night!
(3)

Frances swimming laps nearly everyday for 40 minutes is a surefire way to relax, winddown, and enjoy yourself. Good for you! Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job. I really appreciate that you took the time to read my post and to leave a response. Thank you for that.
(1)

I swim laps nearly everyday. I call it my Zen time. For 40 minutes I just zone out and let my mind wander. Or I concentrate on counting strokes and laps and tune out any worries.
(1)

cweissp, having a caring doctor makes all the difference in the world, so glad you have one too.

Going out to breakfast with a good book and being waited on without having to think of anything else is deeelicious! I'm so happy for you, I'm tickled that you enjoyed it!

Thank you for reading here and for leaving this nice response. I really appreciate it.
(2)

I made myself a meal and sat still and ate it at 12:30 pm today, instead of slouching around the house waiting until I get to the point of starving.

I also paid my credit card bill online that's due tomorrow. There is a hefty late charge (almost as much as the minimum payment due) if it's paid ON the due date. I'm glad I remembered THAT, I saved myself some money!
(4)

Today I went to my optometrist for my exam to get new eyeglasses. They did a ton of tests. I picked the frame and color I like, and made an appointment for next week to do some follow-up testing that needs to be done.

There now, got that done and over. What a load off my mind!
(4)

I hope you're feeling better today, Patty. This caregiving journey is so stressful. I understand your feelings, so many times I wanted to do as you did with the whiskey and the wine.

Try going into a room by your self, close the door and play some uplifting music (LOUD) that you like, even if it's only for 10 - 15 minutes. Wishing you well Patty!
(2)

I did not take care of myself today. I drank a large glass of whiskey, followed by a small glass of wine with dinner. I then went for a shower and cried uncontrollably for 20 minutes or so.
(2)

I did not take care of myself today. I drank a large glass of whiskey, followed by a small glass of wine with dinner. I then went for a shower and cried uncontrollably for 20 minutes or so.
(0)

Gershun, this is good advice. Thank you for sharing it with us. Believe it or not, my exam is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10:30. I'll be there waiting (early) with bells on since it is long overdue.
(1)

I went for my regular opthamologist exam today. I am considered at greater risk for glaucoma so I go regularly. But everything good so far. So that's what I did for myself today. :)

Please everyone, take care of your vision. Schedule your eye exam if you have not gone in a while.
(5)

Ok, ok, hallah, maybe adventurer was a bit much. And, I guess guys do HAVE to do it. My husband would agree with you, he only does it so people can see the house from the street.
(1)

Adventurer? Ha! I hate mowing grass. I only mow because I have to. Plus it gives me exercise. But I’d rather shovel snow.
(1)

Mowing grass?!?? hallah you are some kind of adventurer! I haven't mowed grass since I was 20-something. Now, watching the squirrels and birds in the back yard is right up and down my alley. As soon as the weather allows, I'm getting back to that.
(1)

Ok hallah, THAT does it! Now I have to go get something to eat. You have made me hungry, it doesn't take much to do that though. I think I have some cookies stashed away in my "snack bin".
(1)

One thing I like to do for myself is, after mowing the grass, is to take a break and sit on the swing out in the back yard. I’ll play various bird calls on my cell phone to see if I get answers from real birds. I like to watch the squirrels running around and once in a great while see a rabbit. There’s something very relaxing about sitting on a porch swing and gently swinging.
(2)

Yes, Fuzzyknot, they are great! The pecan (preferred Texas pronunciation is “pih-kahn”) braid I get doesn’t have icing on it. Really doesn’t need it. Sometimes my sweet teeth act up and I have to get two.
(0)

OH hallah, these look absolutely delicious . . . so yummily mouth-watering I'm about to "slobber" over here. Thanks for sharing this, I'm going to be on the look-out for some. BTW I had to Google this because I'd never heard of them before. LOLL
(1)

Fuzzyknot, I’m hooked Panera Bread’s pecan braids. Mentioning that, I think I’m ready for another grocery shopping trip!
(1)

pamzimmrrt Dog walkies sound like fun and good for you on the cooking and baking. Personally, I hate cooking and my "hats-off" to anyone who does it and likes it.

I really appreciate that you took the time to read my post and to leave such a nice response. Thank you for doing that, you’re so thoughtful.
(2)

I had off work the last 2 days, and we are "babysitting" my DDs 4 lb chihuahua ,along with my 15 lb chug,, so I allowed myself to just chill for 2 days and putz around the house! Did normal things,, washed the Chug.. ( she smells alot better now! ) and didn;t go a dang place! Lots of dog walkies and some cooking and baking. sometime we just need some down time!
(3)

I went to Burger King and ordered my favorite Whopper package, the Family Bundle (it'll last me a couple of days). I had planned to eat it there, but it is tooo HOT out there! I brought it home, changed clothes, got comfortable and, leisurely ate some of it . . . in quiet peacefulness! Oooo sooo yummy!
(2)

New shoes and a hair-do makes me smile, velbowpat. Good for you! I need both of these myself. Thank you for commenting here.
(2)

OH hallah, I like the idea to . . . "stop somewhere, get a coffee and a pastry and sit and read a while, enjoying the relaxing time" . . . sounds simply refreshing. The thought keeps running through my head to go to Sonic, park under the canopy, place an order and, sit and enjoy it. It's on my "to-do" list.

Thank you for taking time to answer here.
(2)

Yesterday, I made up ten fresh salads just for me. Lettuce, spring mix, carrots, green onion, green apple, red apple, cranraisens, bleu cheese crumbles. Put in air tight locking containers in the fridge. Today, I will top the first one with candied pecan bits and raspberry vinaigrette, and savor every bite! Just for me
(2)

Went for a pedicure. Couldn’t stick my left foot and ankle all the way in the tub because of surgery, but still good. Had a massage, facial and manicure. All nice. I hadn’t been since April before my shattered ankle. Did some on line shopping.
(2)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter