Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
I had a freezer pop and did not share. lol
(2)

I had my regular pedicure lady come to my NH today. She worked on my good leg. Massaged and shaved my leg and did pedicure on foot. Polished my toenails . Had a manicure too. Felt good and I heard all the local news. Tomorrow is my shower day and beautician is coming. Looking forward to getting my hair trimmed. I’m tired of bed head. Shopped on line earlier. My order came yesterday. Gowns and robes. Husband took them home to wash. Tomorrow maybe I’ll look a little better. I would Have scared any visitor’s today.
(3)

I dragged myself to a pilates class. Left my phone with my husband as we were in the midst of calls from the hospital (released today) and others regarding my mother.
(3)

Riverdale, Good for you. Pilates is great self care.
(2)

Tomorrow I am going to a huge craft fair here in Maryland with one of my BFFs, We have been going for years (last year was cancelled) and it feels good to be getting back to some idea of "normal" . It is outside, and we will wear our masks,, but still should be a great day! I have a list of things my DD wants ( she has to work) and I hope to get some Christmas gifts!
(4)

I went for a good long walk today. I took my pedometer. I got almost 7500 steps in. Not the 10,000 they recommend but pretty good.
(5)

I had my woodstove installed. I've put it off for YEARS while I cared for my parents...Now, there is only Mom left and I'm getting old myself.
I finally did it just for me!!!
(3)

I finally hired 2 caregivers for Thursdays Fridays & Saturdays from 9am-9pm! I will now have 3 consecutive days of having 12 hrs away from caregiving for my parents, which begins this Thursday! It’s a start, but best self-care thing I’ve done! WOOT!!! (Funny how the little things now can be PURE JOY)
(6)

Thursday, October 14, 2021 –
Yesterday was my birthday, Happy Birthday to ME, Yesterday!

It was a wonderful day!

My daughter, treated me to a beauty shop appointment, got a fresh new hairdo. She got her daddy to pay for the both of us as a birthday treat for me. He did, no questions asked.

Back at home, the Mister cooked supper for me. He surprised me with my favorite Mexican foods, tacos and nachos. Desert? Yaaa, Sock-It-To-Me cake!

Oooo everything was soo yummily delicious. What a wonderful way to end the
day . . .

Full, Fed, & Satisfied!
Thank you, GOD for all your Blessings!
(2)

Happy belated Birthday!

Sounds like you were thoroughly pampered, as it should be:-)
(1)

Today hubs and I went on a "date day",, we went to the amish market for breakfast, then a store to check out some furniture for our river house ( didn;t by anything but had fun looking for ideas) then to a store where we got some Christmas gifts. Then stopped at the Amish grocery store! It was a good day, and although it may seem like a waste to some,, we had a great day together! As my BFF says.. we were making memories! Tomorrow we pick up DDs chihuahua for a 4 day visit as she is going to Savannah , and I am going to visit with my BFF! It feels great to have 3 days off after all the Covid OT!
(2)

I tried to get pampered today, but when I showed up for my esthetics appointment there was no one there, no answer on the phone or on messenger. Sigh. So that was a big disappointment. I called around to a couple other places but couldn't get in. Currently trying to decide what to do to make up for it!
Suggestions welcome. :)
(1)

My “for myself thing” today was stopping at Panera Bread and getting a pecan braid. I sat in my truck and ate that delicious pastry bite by enjoyable bite. 15 minutes total maybe. Then back to “life”. To me that was very refreshing.
(1)

Hey hallah, eating that delicious pastry bite by enjoyable bite definitely tops the list of “self-care” things. So happy you found it very refreshing. I find it refreshing just reading about it.

kitchenwitch, how are you doing today/tonight? I hope you are able to “get pampered” soon. I love that idea, thank you for sharing it with us. Keep us posted!

OH pamzimmrrt, what a wonderful day! It IS NOT a waste at all, making memories is always fun! AND, it’s one of the BEST “self-care” things we can ever do.

Well ITRR, Thank you for the “Happy belated Birthday” good wishes! I really appreciate that. You are so right, I felt totally and thoroughly pampered. It felt soooo GOOD!

WOW Sherry3, 2 caregivers for 3 consecutive days AND having 12 hrs away from caregiving?!?!! What a TREAT!!! You’re so right, this is PURE JOY. 

Hi, Cashew – Reading that you got your woodstove installed made me smile. Brought back memories of my childhood and our woodstoves and wood heaters. I've put off many things too, so I understand. Good for you! 
(1)

Last week I went to the dentist. No cavities!
Christmas shopping 20% completed.
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter