Follow

What poem motivates you? Many times, I have searched for and found Quotes, Poems, Music, etc. to get myself some “Git-Up-and-GO!”.

I often couldn’t search because there was always SO MUCH to do. Epiphany!! Take a minute, Google for inspiration, motivation, whatever you need. I DID! It worked. I found motivation and started to feel better.

One favorite is the powerful poem, “Don’t Quit” by Edgar A. Guest. Reading this poem and internalizing its message was my “battery charger”. I could then move on through . . . whatever . . . feeling less stressful.

What are your thoughts on using these things as motivators? So, what inspires you? A poem? Music? Quotes? WHAT?

Please share your experiences with us in the comments section. We’d LOVE to hear it. Someone will benefit from your caring and sharing. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Here's a teeny-weeny-bit of one of my favorites:

Don’t Quit by Edgar Albert Guest

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.

Read MORE:
https://atthestartinggate.blogspot.com/2011/07/motivation-inspiration-pick-me-upper.html
(0)

I've been motivated by overcoming challenge and overcoming the hurdles and obstacles that face me. There still is plenty out there to get motivated by.

~ Andre Agassi ~
(1)

Some cite the Serenity prayer. It may not motivate someone, but it tends to place stressful situations in perspective. You cannot change the situation, but you can change how you accept or react to it. One doesn't have to be religious to find the prayer helpful:

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.
(1)

"Tonight I'm not taking no calls, 'cause I'll be dancing"

Lady Gaga 😁
(1)

Churchill said "When you're going through hell, keep going"
(2)

"This too shall pass. It always does"
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter