Follow

So many of you say what is is in your State. But you don't say what is your state? So, your info is worthless to me. Sounds like Neptune Society is the best way to go.... or perhaps the hospice people!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
If you are asking about being cremated, one of your local funeral homes is the place to check.
(0)

Julie, when my dad passed away I asked the hospital social worker that called me if she knew the cheapest crematorium.

I live in a different state than my dad did and I had no clue.

It is important to ask your local contacts and the forum is a good place to find out what type of services are available through social services. Since these vary you won't know until you speak with the correct agency in your location.

I didn't even know that the DHHS (department of health and human services) could help me, I think that learning where to start is helpful and I think that the forum is good for that.

I hope that makes sense.
(0)

juliea4cm: Question: Where can I find about Medicaid eligibility for my father? Answer "contact the Medicaid office in your state". Or, How can I find Assisted Living facilities in my area? "search online for senior living options "in your state"
(1)

I would be seriously reluctant to deal with the Neptune Society b/c of their aggressive solicitations.    After getting tired of these solicitations to both my father and me, I called them and made it clear I would never consider them b/c they're disgusting coffin chasers.   No more solicitations came after that call.
(2)

Generally in any question where the information varies, I suggest that the OP reach out to experts in their state. Especially as regards medicaid, laws, and etc. I often ask questions of the OP; some answer, and some never appear again. We get all sort of questions from all sorts of people. Not necessary to answer them all, though I have been accused of trying to do so (hee hee).
(1)

Some people rather not mention where they are from.

Because laws, services and Medicaid vary in every state and country, "in our State" is said because you may or you may not have the same resources. We are basically just brain storming. Hoping that the resources our state supplies so does yours.
(1)

If you click on someone's name it will take you to their profile page to learn more about them (depending on their privacy settings)
Not sure what the rest of your post is about.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter