Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I too am scapegoat. I never had a chance that parents would see me any other way than as a source to get them what they need. They are in their 80's and their demands increase. Friends say I am lucky to still have both parents. No, trapped is more like it. I never talk to anyone about it because they would not understand unless they lived it. Parents could keep trucking along for years riding rough-shot oblivious that they sucked my lifeforce out of me and I'm on the floor. (Maybe that's a bit dramatic). Anyway, I get it. Boundaries have saved my life. This forum has helped greatly. It is a challenge to do what you believe is the right thing, but also keep your sanity. You aren't alone.
(19)

We read a lot of posts on here from "scapegoats" like yourself wearing themselves out for mean, selfish parents. It breaks my heart. Sometimes the posts seem to be describing the same woman, basically.

I would have to say your brothers were wise to escape. Would you consider working with a therapist? Why should this mean lady who could live on for YEARS continue to suck the life out from you? She could even survive you.

I feel mad for you for this horrible situation you are in.
(18)

Good! Venting is cathartic isn't it?

Can you put her in a facility? 1962 you've served your time. Dang even murderers serve less time.
(21)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter