Follow

I think my brother has finally been busted. It all hit the fan yesterday when he got a letter from Social Security that the funds have been transferred to me. He went over and tried to "sweet talk" mom, but it didn't work. He told her that my sister and I had been lying to her. He didn't know we had pulled all of the records from the bank. He told mom that he was going to move her to a small place behind their house, but won't go. He only wants that so the money will keep flowing. After talking to the local PD last night, I have requested all of the bank records since the account was opened back in 2014. Once we get those, we will go to the PD and file charges against him as well as a court case to get ALL of the money back. He told her today that he was going to file a restraining order against ME so that I could never see her again. That backfired. She kicked him out. He still has the POA and still has to take care of all of her finances and needs. The PD is going to pay him a little visit tonight. Can you say "FELONY?"

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
So glad you’re taking action and making progress with this mess. And very glad your mom is listening to reason on this. Too many stories here of parents that can’t or won’t hear that their beloved adult child is sticking it to them. Still can’t understand why the POA isn’t being changed? Why have a felon as a POA?
(2)

Right now, we are leaving the POA as it is so he has to pay all of her expenses out of his pocket. We will change it after we file the lawsuit!
(2)

Also, since I don't have the POA, I can't change anything, like cable, power, phone service, rent, etc. He still has to pay all of that.
(1)

Some elderly moms believe their conniving child & protect them.
(0)

Being POA doesn’t make you financially responsible so he actually doesn’t have to pay her bills out of his pocket.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter